Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

S.torch

Liturgist
Gender neutral name of supposed Armenian origin.
That was an hypothesis but no one from The Chinese Room has actually explained it.
2YzCkGM.jpeg
Man, that's insane. So if someone pitched the name Pepe or Gonzalez and tell them that was ancient Armenian they would have gone with that too?

The best part is that going by the wording here, it was probably pitched by a suit who thought this was an epic name that zoomers would love.

Silverfish

Arbiter

Harthwain

Magister
I've wondered for years about the type of person who sees a service literally called 'discord' and thinks signing up is a good idea.
My guess is that it's called Discord because there is a multitude of different voices/opinions, instead of it being an echo chamber.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Discord is awful for developers or any kind of creative because it's by default a safe space that bans any counter argument like some kind of reddit with AIDs.

So it trains these chucklefucks to only interact with people that are supportive, and the mildest interaction they have with criticism, they immediately alert the banhammer wielder.

If modern game devs and even their PR teams seem unhinged, it's because they literally have no experience dealing with real people.

edit: Also Avellone gets a snarky comment in

Last edited:

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
> gets embraced by a Tremere vampire to gain access to arcane lore

> casts level 5 blood magic ritual to curse any who continue developing this "game" with AIDS

> ritual does nothing because they all already have it

Laz Sundays

Educated
Average Discord admin would fit well in a thumbnail for Bloodlines 2.

It certainly is a degenerate site. The user pronoun field exists but isn't mandatory (so I just wrote "Hee/He, Shamone", casual public groups usually immediately kick me out wherever I go). However..

It's the best messenger I ever saw. The way it's designed is 10/10. Been using it for Guild Wars, now I use it to chat & talk to foreign friends aswell.

Vincente

Arbiter
The feedback about Phyre´s apppearance was so negative, they had to create a character customization.
They always planned character customization (hair color, eye color, other small details etc. kept changing in each Clan Reveal), they just didn't show it for some reason.

Laz Sundays

Educated
The feedback about Phyre´s apppearance was so negative, they had to create a character customization.
They always planned character customization (hair color, eye color, other small details etc. kept changing in each Clan Reveal), they just didn't show it for some reason.
The reason being they unironically thought a Muh Feminism haircut on an androgynous edgy bitch was gonna be received with praise. They chose a fixed image to represent, they chose the Phyre outlook to be their mascot and they did it intentionally, unaware it would be received like it did.

Laz Sundays

Educated
Because they're a bunch of indoctrinated clowns.

There is no cure for that, btw. In cultist eyes, fantasy and reality are the same.

Vincente

Arbiter
The reason being they unironically thought a Muh Feminism haircut on an androgynous edgy bitch was gonna be received with praise. They chose a fixed image to represent, they chose the Phyre outlook to be their mascot and they did it intentionally, unaware it would be received like it did.
...the what haircut?

Laz Sundays

Educated
...the what haircut?

0YySGwu.png

It's a lesbian feminist, right.

Semiurge

Cipher
...the what haircut?

0YySGwu.png

It's a lesbian feminist, right.

I don't know how they'd even explain the undercut on a female, if the body of your main character belongs to an elder. It doesn't seem believable that she'd cut her hair every night to blend in slightly better with the zoomer crowd. Do these devs even know that WoD vampires stay frozen in the appearance they had when they were sired? Doubtful. At best they can use cosmetics and dye their hair, I think?

The mullet on the male Phyre is at least justifiable, so there's more reason to go with the male MC. Especially if all the available haircuts are distinctly male like they seem to be. That undercut in the silver variant could've been used to make a Mitsoda-lookalike out of your MC, but only if the face customisation options were generous.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Just say it's ugly and move on.

One of the major characters in another nu-VtM "game" I played was some kind of femboy anime trope.

It's over.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

One of the major characters in another nu-VtM "game" I played was some kind of femboy anime trope.

It's over.
Huh, huh?

Those who have had the misfortune of playing Night Roads will know who I'm talking about.

This marty sue fucker teleports to where you are after you do something and does a "I would've done that better, and cooler. Because the author says I'm a genius. Also here's a cringe pop culture reference. Pokemon lol."

The writing for this dude is a sin.

1724269330237.png

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

It's over.
Huh, huh?

Those who have had the misfortune of playing Night Roads will know who I'm talking about.

This marty sue fucker teleports to where you are after you do something and does a "I would've done that better, and cooler. Because the author says I'm a genius. Also here's a cringe pop culture reference. Pokemon lol."

The writing for this dude is a sin.

View attachment 54096
That is a dude, huh? Fucking Vykos is more masculine, and it threw its manhood at the Ventrue founder of the Camarilla.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom