Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
Gary Golden looks more humanlike than the guy I just posted, lol. You're just nitpicking now.
That one has hair. Nosferatu:

maxresdefault.jpg

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot

Vincente

Arbiter
Gary Golden looks more humanlike than the guy I just posted, lol. You're just nitpicking now.
That one has hair.
Read my post again, there are multiple reasons to shit on the game, you don't really need to nitpick by saying "but they LITERALLY don't look like Count Orlok, they have hair!"
The OG Nosferatu LITERALLY looked like Count Orlok.
They named the clan Nosferatu because they were ugly and shunned, like Orlok. Not because they were bald.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot
That one has hair.
Read my post again, there are multiple reasons to shit on the game, you don't really need to nitpick by saying "but they LITERALLY don't look like Count Orlok, they have hair!"
They named the clan Nosferatu because they were ugly and shunned, like Orlok. Not because they were bald.
Every single Nosferatu in VtM:B (and VtM:R) is completely bald. Checkmate.

Vincente

Arbiter
That one has hair.
Every single Nosferatu in VtM:B (and VtM:R) is completely bald. Checkmate.
Tolly.png

The President

Educated
I notice they put the Brujah sheriff in the dev diary. We also know Phyre becomes the sheriff, thus pretty much spoiling this guy is gonna get killed pretty quick.

Vincente

Arbiter
I notice they put the Brujah sheriff in the dev diary. We also know Phyre becomes the sheriff, thus pretty much spoiling this guy is gonna get killed pretty quick.
It might turn out that him, Tolly and Ysabella are scheming together for something, which might lead to Muldoon's demise.

AlJH4EL.jpeg

We were told that Ysabella put the mark on your characters hand.

Vulpes

Scholar
That's definitely inhuman, but still not an OG nospheratu. Decline of hideous vampire monsters.
Not all "OG nospheratu" resembled the vampire from the movie with the same name. That's just something they did in BL1 to save on time. Go play VtM Redemption or read the old books if you wanna see it for yourself. Their appearance varied wildly

Zelios_TbN.png

This Nossie for example was from a clanbook from the late 90s where he's described as having an unnaturally scrawny physique with skin that looks like it's made out of stone.

Shaja

Educated
Toreadors should be attractive to look at and I'm not finding her attractive. The one from Swangsong was more appealing actually.

Is it better than the one from HSL version? I don't know, that one looked like a suspicious trap.

4664646464646464.jpg

Atlantico

unida e indivisible
Patron
Undisputed Queen of Faggotry Vatnik In My Safe Space
Make the Codex Great Again!
This is one of those marketing vs expectations collisions we've been seeing for decades all over the entertainment industry. On the one hand, we have marketing packaging a product designed to sell the 5th version of the mediocre larping gameworld and IP of Vampire the Masquerade so the call it "Bloodlines 2" because that's the name of the most iconic and popular game based on that IP followed by the number 2.

On the other hand most people who played the original Bloodlines have the expectation that this game is a sequel to Bloodines, because it has the same name. Perhaps not a sequel in plot, since the first game doesn't have much to build on, but in gameplay and game world.

Like Baldur's Gate 3 was a sequel to Baldur's Gate 1 :lol: Two completely unrelated games and had nothing to do with each other. The same goes for this thing. Bloodlines 2 is based on a severely degenerate and mentally questionable version of the setting, it'd developed by a studio which makes walking simulators. The game has no inventory. You won't hold an arsenal of cool guns. The awesome button will be your main weapon.

The design of characters is annoyingly lifeless, bland and diverse for no reason. The clothes they wear seem plasticky and fake. Somehow they've managed to make the characters look worse by quite a bit than the original game from 20 years ago. This isn't Bloodlines. This is "ProductX" which exists to sell fifth edition IP of Vampire the masquerade. That's it.

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Toreadors should be attractive to look at and I'm not finding her attractive. The one from Swangsong was more appealing actually.

Is it better than the one from HSL version? I don't know, that one looked like a suspicious trap.

4664646464646464.jpg
That's a 'she'? Or is this a case of identifying as a 'she'?

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron

4664646464646464.jpg
where-are-the-0bdd50ee81.jpg

Semiurge

Cipher

4664646464646464.jpg

Looking pretty isn't the only thing that gets a human selected by a Toreador. BL1 had Isaac Abrams, was he a particularly pretty guy? No, but he must've worked in showbiz before becoming a vampire. Talent or skill in the arts is a major draw, but since the Toreadors' clan weakness has always been beauty they often choose their candidates based on their physical attributes, hence vamps like Helena, Ash Rivers and Velvet Velour - a stripper. That decline is also a part of the thinning of vampire blood. Theirs goes hand in hand with that of the kine.

That HSL Toreador seems to be one of the prettier androgynes, a disappearing breed whose living members tend to be the supermodel type. Most people who try to pull it off can't, and come across as fugly rainbow-colored potatoes of indistinguishable gender.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom