Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

ferratilis

Magister
January - the game gets cancelled
February - Chinese Room is shut down
March - Paradox goes bankrupt

These are not predictions, just wishes. Once can hope.

Vincente

Arbiter
Gender neutral name of supposed Armenian origin.
That was an hypothesis but no one from The Chinese Room has actually explained it.
2YzCkGM.jpeg

Supermedo

Augur
I don't expect game to be a technical mess like cities skyline 2 but it is gonna be different kind of mess.

they already got my 15 bucks might as well see how the ride is going to end.

Supermedo

Augur
Imagine being intimidated by Dragon Age: The Veilguard so you delay your game. Jesus Christ.
The company's reputation has hit rock bottom, and their recent earnings report seems to have finally driven home the message: consistently releasing broken games and promising to fix them later no longer fly with their fans.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Imagine being intimidated by Dragon Age: The Veilguard so you delay your game. Jesus Christ.
These guys are still showing Unreal editor screenshots, meanwhile Dragon Age is buying half page YouTube ads.

I shit on nu-BioWare pretty hard but even I'll say that they are much more confidant and have more to show than whatever this is. I wouldn't be surprised if Paradox is going through the situation with HSL all over again.

Laz Sundays

Educated
They're in too deep to fix or go back to the drawing board, the pressure and stress that they're enduring must be crazy rn. The way to fix it ofc would be to scrap phucking Phyre and just start copypasting HSL ideas.. but that would hurt their pride and strip them of all integrity plus ruin the relationship with Paradox, who are slowly realizing they would've been way better off sticking with HSL. So they gingerly gulp the shit they've made, hoping that changing hairstyles and promising a polished product would pretty the turd enough to make it sell, not smell.

That Paradude showed up to plow some Chinese Room ass, their next video will be an adult one, muhahah

These guys are still showing Unreal editor screenshots, meanwhile Dragon Age is buying half page YouTube ads.

I shit on nu-BioWare pretty hard but even I'll say that they are much more confidant and have more to show than whatever this is. I wouldn't be surprised if Paradox is going through the situation with HSL all over again.

I mean, they kind of are already, right? They repeated a lot of the same marketing mistakes as the old version. This game's Brian Mitsoda left although voluntarily it would seem. Basically announced way too early, show unpolished gameplay footage, the only moves left are to delay it a third time, and cancel it.

BlackheartXIII

Educated
I was doom scrolling lately through VTMB2 discord,

Apparently flatting and discarding system mechanics is now refereed as immersive subjective interpretation:
Humanity/Willpower:
oGmmdat.png

JDg2cvr.png

Masquerade:
xEpmQfC.png

VTMB2's core concept of conversation design:
MmhYiw8.png

The lore of the name Phyre:
5xl49FS.png

The main character's name is customizable due to backlash:
317WGzT.png

Last edited:

Caim

Arcane
Is this the worst development cycle of any video game in history?
Duke Nukem Forever still claims that position, I think.
Depending on how far you're willing to stretch the definition of "video game" there's the attempt to make D&D 4e into a digital tabletop.

Wizards dropped the project because A: the code was absolute spaghetti and B: the chief developer shot his wife and then himself.

Laz Sundays

Educated
The lore of the name Phyre:
5xl49FS.png

The main character's name is customizable due to backlash:
317WGzT.png
HAHAHAHAH

"
We were always gonna task YOU with naming le Nomad, lol, Phyre? Phyre what, who; pfff that was just a temp name always was - they have many names, mmm, Real Name, Future name, all names! Ole Nomad the Phonebook, that's what we call them around here, yes! And by the time it comes out you'll have all these standard character creation options and we'll all pretend it wasn't easier and logical to just let you make your own character"

..they're fucking clowns.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom