Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

RagingNomad

Educated
Rtaz4Za.jpeg

And looks like Damsel is here

The President

Educated
Yeah I’m not surprised, I didn’t think there was a chance the game was gonna come out this year.

I also noticed Damsel on TCR’s wall, I suppose she’s back in.

They also heard the feedback on the hair, you can now customize.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
That CEO looked very determined. "These mothereffers are going to give me a released game."

The creative director looks scared. The thing he says that they can add like new endings and whatnot seems to late. I'm guessing this will be one game that deservedly will be bashed.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Smooth sailing for Veilguard!

Utter embarrassment for Paradox to play the delay game again. They didn't learn much at all from the previous experience.

Herumor

Scholar
Didn't Paradox say that the game was definitely going to be released this year, that they chose TCR because they specifically wanted to avoid more delays, ala HSL? Lmao.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Oh they have info on the site that wasn't mentioned in the video

The extra time gives us an opportunity to adjust certain areas, such as Fabien, and incorporate other community feedback.

The complaining worked, Fabien's going to be less obnoxious. :)

We will also use the time to expand the game’s story, and now Bloodlines 2 will have more than twice as many endings as its predecessor.
Hm, we'll see how this goes.

The President

Educated
Didn't Paradox say that the game was definitely going to be released this year, that they chose TCR because they specifically wanted to avoid more delays, ala HSL? Lmao.
They at one point said they wouldn’t be surprised if it was released by Christmas of 2023.

This game however was advertised for late fall 2024.

Leorgrium

Educated

The extra time gives us an opportunity to adjust certain areas, such as Fabien, and incorporate other community feedback.

We will also use the time to expand the game’s story, and now Bloodlines 2 will have more than twice as many endings as its predecessor.

I was hoping Fabien's voice would be entirely removed from the game.

ChildInTime

Savant
I guess they at least watched some of those old "vampire detective" shows like Blood Ties, and got their inspiration for male Phyre (what a stupid fuckin' name) from there.

xd15Bd5.jpeg
maZacg3.jpeg

Didn't really succeed, but considering who's the project lead, I'm not surprised.

5CiKmzS.jpeg

Semiurge

Cipher

Making sensible decisions this late in development, and only based on negative feedback makes it look as if these devs have absolutely no experience with Bloodlines 1. They wouldn't even have to love it to know that that's what the fanbase wants.

I guess they at least watched some of those old "vampire detective" shows like Blood Ties, and got their inspiration for male Phyre (what a stupid fuckin' name) from there.

xd15Bd5.jpeg
maZacg3.jpeg

Didn't really succeed, but considering who's the project lead, I'm not surprised.

5CiKmzS.jpeg

Somehow that male Phyre looks more effeminate than the male Toreador from Bloodlines. If they at least gave it broader shoulders and more bulk, then maybe it would be ok. And now that they've bought some more time, they should give each "body type" some unique hairstyles instead of this one-size-fits-all-genders- shit. And make those eyebrows look real too, not like those glued-on things from children's spy kits.

Modron

Arcane
Somehow that male Phyre looks more effeminate than the male Toreador from Bloodlines. If they at least gave it broader shoulders and more bulk, then maybe it would be ok.
All they did was take the female model, make the face narrower, reduce the cheekbones, add a tan and long hair. Model looks to have the same height and build otherwise probably to save on animations.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom