Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Caim

Arcane
People will be crying about how Damsel was "ruined", but Damsel was pretty shit in the original too.
Only personality-wise, she was still as bangable as most of the women in BL1. Meanwhile Damsel in BL2 looked like a middle-aged tranny when HSL first showed her off, so I hope TCR scrapped her altogether.

1693055455509.png
New Damsel looks like she can at any point start singing about the beautiful people.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
People will be crying about how Damsel was "ruined", but Damsel was pretty shit in the original too.
Only personality-wise, she was still as bangable as most of the women in BL1. Meanwhile Damsel in BL2 looked like a middle-aged tranny when HSL first showed her off, so I hope TCR scrapped her altogether.

1693055455509.png
New Damsel looks like she can at any point start singing about the beautiful people.

Like Disney character!

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
It's no Soma
The writing itself is fine, the problem is the setup. It's like making random characters from Who Goes There women, there's no reason narratively to do so. It affects nothing.

-spends 10 minutes watching insipid small talk with non-memorable NPCs delivering clumsy exposition-

I actually thought it was going to be better than this. :(

I'm assuming it improves once the action starts?

Edit: lol, no it doesn't.
I didn't find it offensively insipid, then again I turned subtitles off and enjoyed the SCATTISH WANKER NOISES and didn't quite catch everything.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I didn't find it offensively insipid, then again I turned subtitles off and enjoyed the SCATTISH WANKER NOISES and didn't quite catch everything.
I have no idea how Still Wakes the Deep got the good reception it did. It's awful. Not just the writing either, as a game it's awful.

I watched 40 mins of a walkthrough so far.

-Boring dialogue in Scootish. I'm actually familiar with Scootish so it doesn't score any novelty points
-Linear as fuck
-Walkthrough player clearly getting annoyed that 90% of all doors cant be opened despite being interactive
-Obnoxious hand waving whenever you run
-Protagonist comments on every goddamn thing (generic swear factory style)
-Surprisingly janky

I don't get it. Am I missing something?

:negative:

It's a walking simulator with truckloads of swearing where you sometimes have to duck under something to avoid the monster, that's it.
The characters are trash.
The gameplay barely exists, you just run forward the entire time.
There's no resolution to the story.
Yellow paint in every surface so you don't get lost.
Absolutely nothing to explore or discover.
And the thing taking over the oil rig is nothing special, just another indescribable mass.
Don't buy it.

If this is what we can look forward to from TCR, my expectations for VtMB2 went down even more.

Skinwalker

*teleports inside you*
Patron
Village Idiot

1693055455509.png
Why is she wearing a shirt with misspelled Russian?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Are you surprised? Still wakes the deep is a movie game.
Actually yeah, there seemed to be a lot of glowing reviews.

Despite pretending really hard not to be a walking simulator, there's really not enough gameplay to make it not a walking sim (you can climb ladders and follow yellow markers lol).

And there have been vastly better walking sims. Both in writing and presentation. I'm going to chalk the success of this one up to people being starved for good Lovecraftian content, and an oil rig is a naturally attractive setting for a horror game.

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Despite pretending really hard not to be a walking simulator, there's really not enough gameplay to make it not a walking sim (you can climb ladders and follow yellow markers lol).

And there have been vastly better walking sims. Both in writing and presentation. I'm going to chalk the success of this one up to people being starved for good Lovecraftian content, and an oil rig is a naturally attractive setting for a horror game.
All movie games are the same. Some may allow you to right AND left but at their core they're the same.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

1693055455509.png
Why is she wearing a shirt with misspelled Russian?

Web translator are seen as AI and AI is evil because gender studies hires in gamedev feel threatened.

Semiurge

Cipher

1693055455509.png

Like Disney character!

The peak of '90s edgy:

sosmoflux

Educated
You guys are being too stodgy. Still Wakes The Deep is fine. They went for a short immersive experience with nice graphics not unlike Cryostasis and pretty much nailed it. Lots of different types of manoeuvrability, fast paced, water stuff is really good. It's not a boundary pushing masterpiece but it's easily worth a play.

jackofshadows

Magister
Like sure, this is no hero shooter but NPCs are still suppose to look visually appealing. Even nosferatu should look intriguing, interesting. This is just a freak show, corporates will never learn, won't they.
Katsumi_Anarch_bl2.jpg
Max_Brujah_bl2.jpg
Nix_Gangrel_bl2.jpg

No player wants too look at these

lightbane

Arcane
Ugly old women (extra points!), blacks, extra-ugly freaks of vague gender... Nosferatu could at least be identified as a man or woman and was less of a freak.

Wesp5

Arcane
I wonder if the branding of the old women is supposed to be the one the prince gives to thinbloods. Like making Masquerade breaches easy because normal humans will certainly remember these faces...

La vie sexuelle

Learned

1693055455509.png

Like Disney character!

The peak of '90s edgy:

Ah, now I get.

Like sure, this is no hero shooter but NPCs are still suppose to look visually appealing. Even nosferatu should look intriguing, interesting. This is just a freak show, corporates will never learn, won't they.
Katsumi_Anarch_bl2.jpg
Max_Brujah_bl2.jpg
Nix_Gangrel_bl2.jpg

These are probably NPCs. Horror granny may be, but the next two characters remind me of those crappy pastel-colored American comics.

PaperGirls07.jpg

I wonder if the branding of the old women is supposed to be the one the prince gives to thinbloods. Like making Masquerade breaches easy because normal humans will certainly remember these faces...

For me she is minor boss/questgiver.

Saerain

Augur
Patron
Ugly old women (extra points!), blacks, extra-ugly freaks of vague gender... Nosferatu could at least be identified as a man or woman and was less of a freak.
Certainly I'm not finding anyone in this case interesting the way I think any clan should be, but people acting gender confused in this thread keep throwing me. For real real?

The President

Educated
Well I was wrong about the Damsel reveal. I’m also not crazy about the design choice for the Anarchs, they just scream cartoony Borderlands looking characters to me.

Vulpes

Scholar
I don't know what the Unbound are supposed to be, but the last two characters sound more hermits who want to stay away from vampire society (aka Autarkis), so why talk about them in a dev log about the Anarch movement and not some other characters that actually contribute to their cause? As for their appearance, I don't really see anything wrong there. It fits the idea of them being a group of undesirables, untouchables, Dalit or however you wish to call them. The black Anarch looks too much like a fag? Good, it fits his politics!

A brand on your face isn't suddenly gonna make a human think you're a vampire. I guess it's there to encourage thinbloods to stay out of sight from the Kine altogether. When someone does ignore those instructions and fucks up (or the Court needs to talk to one of them for whatever reason), the brand would also make it easier to track them down. Regarding the old crone and why she has it despite being a full-blooded Brujah, I suppose it's in the name of solidarity.

Semiurge

Cipher
Katsumi_Anarch_bl2.jpg
Max_Brujah_bl2.jpg
Nix_Gangrel_bl2.jpg

Lou and the black Toreador were appropriately clean and pretty compared to these. Brujah and Gangrel aren't the first clans to come to mind when you think about the stereotypically seductive vampire, and the respective player models in BL1 were indeed fairly underdeveloped compared to the rest, way fuglier than Beckett or Nines. Clan Toreador is where you'll find the strikingly pretty bloodsuckers, mainly.

Not that I trust TCR to honor these traditions at all, so those two cammies mentioned might be the best they have to offer.

Well I was wrong about the Damsel reveal. I’m also not crazy about the design choice for the Anarchs, they just scream cartoony Borderlands looking characters to me.

There's still a small possibility she'll appear as an easter-egg cameo. If not then there must be a good reason for her absence, like something related to Mitsoda and his writing in both BL1 and HSL's build. Maybe the recurring characters from BL1 can't be legally used here.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

1693055455509.png

Like Disney character!

The peak of '90s edgy:

Ah, now I get.

Katsumi_Anarch_bl2.jpg
Max_Brujah_bl2.jpg
Nix_Gangrel_bl2.jpg

These are probably NPCs. Horror granny may be, but the next two characters remind me of those crappy pastel-colored American comics.

If you read the linked post, yes, they are explicitly NPCs that TCR both names and gives bios for.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Katsumi_Anarch_bl2.jpg
Max_Brujah_bl2.jpg
Nix_Gangrel_bl2.jpg

Lou and the black Toreador were appropriately clean and pretty compared to these. Brujah and Gangrel aren't the first clans to come to mind when you think about the stereotypically seductive vampire, and the respective player models in BL1 were indeed fairly underdeveloped compared to the rest, way fuglier than Beckett or Nines. Clan Toreador is where you'll find the strikingly pretty bloodsuckers, mainly.

Not that I trust TCR to honor these traditions at all, so those two cammies mentioned might be the best they have to offer.

Brujah used to be cool:

7e59b820d04e66826f7e124dbae27400d304c7283e8ee0bdf0ff3e8b5484fae3

There's still a small possibility she'll appear as an easter-egg cameo. If not then there must be a good reason for her absence, like something related to Mitsoda and his writing in both BL1 and HSL's build. Maybe the recurring characters from BL1 can't be legally used here.

She appear for 200%. Ony question is - in what form.

1693055455509.png

Like Disney character!

The peak of '90s edgy:

Ah, now I get.

Katsumi_Anarch_bl2.jpg
Max_Brujah_bl2.jpg
Nix_Gangrel_bl2.jpg

If you read the linked post, yes, they are explicitly NPCs that TCR both names and gives bios for.

I'm sorry, I'm lost myself between these big picures thread.

And I'm not satisfied with what I read.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom