Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

La vie sexuelle

Learned
people should have been skeptical of the original incarnation of this project, and they absolutely were not because of le ebin fingerless glove guy.
this is a significant improvement and people are whining that we aren't going to get a game written by cara ellison. it's bewildering.

Why you are so optimistic?

jungl

Augur
They should just make it a comedy. Have a 18 year church goer girl fall in love you like that jrpg Nocturne rebirth. Give your guy anime sword powers bring back that jap girl from first bloodlines to start a myagi doh with her for thinblood kids and other supernaturals. Cause otherwise it looks like a forgettable action game romp like psi ops mindgate conspiracy and of course the og bloodlines.

Delterius

Arcane
I agree that the premise is good, I'll go so far as to say that the difference between this being good to being great is down to how they introduce this 'elder' vampire to the modern world. Which in turn depends on how much of an Elder they are.

Thinking in relative terms LaCroix was from the Napoleonic era. Jack was even older, as he's from the golden age of caribbean piracy. Both were arguably 'Elders' but not enough to break the balance of power in a city. So, are we going to be even older than that? Such a character is inherently interesting... unless they basically work like an amnesiac who takes everything in stride. Which they probably will because they are an RPG protagonist.

sosmoflux

Educated
Can't wait to be a 300 year old fish out of water vampire with dialogue options such as

Wait, did that just happen? That just happened.
[Intimidation] Give me the password or I'm gonna scream
[Seduction] Finna twerk on muh vick?

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
The Ventrue protag from Swansong is also an elder I believe.
Did anyone here play that? How does it work there?

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Ugh.

The subject of "went I went to sleep, niggers weren't even people" is going to be broached, this is obvious, right? And in the most SJW-way possible, where the protag is "educated" by an arrogant BLM black fat woman going "na-uh! can't drink blacks, our lives matter more than whypipo!" and wiggling her head left and right, but she'll be a vamp who is lower gen than he is and he'll have to say sorry for all the times he drank blacks, disavow his evil practices and kiss her boot.

This is basically a new studio with some Bioware, Rocksteady and someone from Hogwarts Legacy
That's interesting. How big is the studio now?

It's like around 100 but they're part of Sumo Digital who have an entire ecosystem of support studios. Chinese Room are definitely not doing their other game and this by themselves. Both games are getting support from Sumo.

The Ventrue protag from Swansong is also an elder I believe.
Did anyone here play that? How does it work there?

I played it. Basically the way it works is you install it, cringe, and then uninstall it.

In all seriousness, it's not THAT different from how the other two characters play. The situations Ventrue bro is in are more high-stakes and dangerous so it's not a fundamentally different feeling experience.

His segments are also the best but that's not saying much. The Toreador in the Malkavian headquarters is just awful all-around but at least Ventrue bro has a cool sequence of cleaning up a crime scene. I think it was a crime scene, I don't remember.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
We're not doing what Bloodlines 1 did, which is a traditional RPG game start: the very first day you're a vampire. The actual character you are has been a vampire for quite a while. And that was to create something different from Bloodlines to give a different experience."
So.. probably a pre-defined main character.. Maybe even Voiced. I really worried.. I think they know they can't make a actual RPG.

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Okay, what do pronouns "she/they" mean?

How is a person "they" if it's a "she"?

Talking about lead writer here. Infinitron maybe you can reassure me.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So, maybe the real release date was October 27th, 2024? :P
Nah, falls on a Sunday.

We're not doing what Bloodlines 1 did, which is a traditional RPG game start: the very first day you're a vampire. The actual character you are has been a vampire for quite a while. And that was to create something different from Bloodlines to give a different experience."
So.. probably a pre-defined main character.. Maybe even Voiced. I really worried.. I think they know they can't make a actual RPG.
You can define your clan. However you might possibly be forced to play a woman. From the website https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/about
A three-front siege on Seattle, a power vacuum in the vampire court and an awakened elder at odds with the voice in her head

They could have just said "your head." Genderbent-Nameless One? :P

Okay, what do pronouns "she/they" mean?

How is a person "they" if it's a "she"?

Talking about lead writer here. Infinitron maybe you can reassure me.
It means she's a heckin cute and valid enbie woman who doesn't mind when people continue to use female pronouns for her.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Seems to be to be the same result in the end. What I have seen from the Thinbloods of HSL BL2 they were more powerful than normal vampires too! Also don't forget how overpowered the player ends up in Bloodlines. Is this really a good thing to already start off that strong? Also how would an Elder react to the modern world?

"What the fuck is that <<femboy>> thing?".

Delterius

Arcane
The one spoken line on the trailer is 'Can you hear it? My blood is singing'. This is spoken by one of the faction leaders of the city, the Toreador lady I think. Possibly a reference to the holy war happening in the Middle East. Possibly some hint that the Elder-protagonist has a similar effect on the vampires of the city as 'Caine' has in BL1, and the antidelluvians have all the way from the ME.

Another thing is how they'll integrate this nuclear bomb into the plot. They didn't use the word Metusellah, but presumably this 'Elder' wouldn't be doing quests. Unless those quest givers aren't really presented as quest givers at all.

The game page Roguey linked hints, to me, at some plot use or mechanic related to the Beast. Not everyone is Malkavian, so only the Beast could be the voices in the head of every type of protagonist. They also reference Masquerade mechanics, like BL1 if you fuck up too often you'll attract law enforcement and then Hunters. Though it does say 'you're not the only thing that bumps in this night'. So there could be worse than Hunters out there on Seattle. Furries maybe? Finally, that they are planning to do another sequence of clan reveals could mean they'll add more clans after all.

I'm afraid most of all of a pre-defined protagonist with their own personality.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
However you might possibly be forced to play a woman.
bloodlines is slowly becoming my 9/11
also i blame La vie sexuelle for this

Why? I'm a cute, heterosexual male!
you can't present evidence after the trial

Vampire Bloodlines makes you gay and you are projecting fears connected with this on me.

You must learn to live with this new feelings. I'm sorry.

Delterius

Arcane
Go on Brazilian disco or play in VB2, no matter what you choose, both things are equally gay.
way ahead of you, padawan
Only BioWare could have done it. They gave us gay fantasy operas, they gave us gay space operas, they were the only ones who could have given us urban fantasy operas. Note the lack of gay as an adjective. That's how in the zone BioWare would have been.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom