Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

The President

Educated
Well the perk of being an elder, at least there’s a plot reason for you to be able go around with your dick out and slap everyone around.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Go on Brazilian disco or play in VB2, no matter what you choose, both things are equally gay.
way ahead of you, padawan
Only BioWare could have done it. They gave us gay fantasy operas, they gave us gay space operas, they were the only ones who could have given us urban fantasy operas. Note the lack of gay as an adjective. That's how in the zone BioWare would have been.

Padawan? You felt insecure and you first evoked me...you flirty Brazilian.

Well the perk of being an elder, at least there’s a plot reason for you to be able go around with your dick out and slap everyone around.

It will be Antediluvian from first game. I bet for this.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Nah that's too much. If I'm not mistaken someone as old as 6th or 7th gen would already throw the balance of power out of wack. Antedilluvians and Metusellahs are straight up gods and more like forces of nature and plot points than characters.

I don't believe in their sense of scale or knowledge of lore. Besides, after the New World of Darkness, anything is really possible.

Delterius

Arcane
and a sheriff figure of sorts
You're thinking small. I'm thinking of becoming a Prince.
Well... I can see a Sheriff acting like an RPG protagonist. They are the sort to do what the Prince wants them to. They get their hands dirty. They might do espionage, interrogations, executions, exploration, and so on. It would be a strange Prince the one who down to the slums to talk to thinbloods and other dregs of the night.

To be certain, I'm saying 'Sheriff of Sorts' as the initial plot hook and a solution to the question of why an Elder is doing grunt work. The trailer talks about a power vaccuum in Seattle. So either there's no Prince at all or the Prince is weak. And so as your character navigates this weird world of steel cars and wi-fi signals, they end up playing politics with the city's faction leaders, the primogen and so on. Quid pro quos all around. You need territory, I can get you some. You need money and influence, I have both. So, uh, could you kill some Sabbat grunts pretty please?

Can't really speculate further without knowing the protagonist's motivation. BL1's protagonist was just trying to survive and learn the ropes. BL2's can be anything. Maybe you're right and the game is actually about working towards princedom. That would mean the Elder starts small as they begin their coalition building for the title.

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Bloodline is up there as one of my favorite games (and setting). All I can say is they better not fuck this up...

If TCR can actually pull off a good World of Darkness setting and a good story I'll at least be pleasantly surprised.

Also since I actually live in Seattle this will even be more amusing....

ChildInTime

Savant
Nah that's too much. If I'm not mistaken someone as old as 6th or 7th gen would already throw the balance of power out of wack. Antedilluvians and Metusellahs are straight up gods and more like forces of nature and plot points than characters.
Antes have this cool power labeled as 'plot device' in tabletop, meaning - do whatever you want, so it won't be that. You'll get someone like Christof who went into torpor half a millenia ago, lost all their skills, but has high blood potency and generation.
And you'll fight a tzimisce methuselah in the sewers under the city, as is tradition.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Antes have this cool power labeled as 'plot device' in tabletop, meaning - do whatever you want, so it won't be that. You'll get someone like Christof who went into torpor half a millenia ago, lost all their skills, but has high blood potency and generation.
And you'll fight a tzimisce methuselah in the sewers under the city, as is tradition.
Yeah somewhat thinking you might be someone along the lines of Christof who is quite ancient. He actually knew the Cappadocians, before they were all murdered.

Last edited:

ChildInTime

Savant
ihzeBaA.jpg

'An awakened elder at odds with the voice in her head.' - I hope it's voiced by the guy who voiced Darkness.

Zayne

Scholar
The real question is how you introduce the player character to computers, cars, cell phones, digital cameras, internet etc.
They can introduce player to mechanics while introducing character to concepts

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom