Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

Delterius

Arcane
In all seriousness I'm kinda surprised that these characters are being cut. Mr Damp perhaps, if he wasn't that important to the plot. He was associated with Mitsoda and maybe the new studio wants to draw their own poster kids. Or maybe the christmas trailer was that cringe and people don't want to associate the relaunch with Mr Damp.

I'd be surprised if even these secondary people like Elif have been cut from the games entirely. It would imply a bigger overhaul than I'm expecting. It hasn't been that long.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I'd be surprised if even these secondary people like Elif have been cut from the games entirely. It would imply a bigger overhaul than I'm expecting. It hasn't been that long.
"With the bonus content being updated, the prior physical edition offered items are no longer representative of the game, which includes the statue."

Elif statue doesn't represent the game because she's not in. Apparently Pinchbeck had to make the game take place in Seattle, but the characters and story are entirely his.

StrongBelwas

Arcane
Patron
If they're rebooting the entire plot like it seems, the only point in keeping the characters would be theoretically saving costs on making new models/designs, and who knows if Hardsuit hadn't managed to fuck those up somehow.

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
One screen had some new models
ss_fcd7a58d657caea29c13da86fb7402cf4b6ca65d.1920x1080.jpg

Still going for bland and janky-looking realism unfortunately.

The President

Educated
See and all the naysayers thought this wasn’t ever coming out. I always figured it would, it was just the quality that was in question.

I still have my pre order and like a million points from that blood point thing. I’m in this long so fuck it, I’ll just ride it out.

I was told they were sticking with the old game but I guess they’re just keeping the setting at this point, Christmas in Seattle. I wonder if we’re even starting as a thin blood anymore.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Keeping the old characters will only remind everyone of the Hardsuitlabs version and since Paradox actually want to sell copies, they really need to make sure everyone forgets about that game ...

See and all the naysayers thought this wasn’t ever coming out. I always figured it would, it was just the quality that was in question.

I still have my pre order and like a million points from that blood point thing. I’m in this long so fuck it, I’ll just ride it out.

I was told they were sticking with the old game but I guess they’re just keeping the setting at this point, Christmas in Seattle. I wonder if we’re even starting as a thin blood anymore.

Paradox thanks you for your loyalty. As a reward, your blood points have been nuked.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
If I was in charge of developing a game, then I’d totally have at least one brothel run by a plot-important NPC. Maybe two: one that serves a variety of vintages to night creature clientele, the other with night creature employees that serve a variety of pleasures to muggle johns to cover for their own dining habits. Even if it’s not an X-rated game it can still be a source of sidequests.

"With the bonus content being updated, the prior physical edition offered items are no longer representative of the game, which includes the statue."

Elif statue doesn't represent the game because she's not in. Apparently Pinchbeck had to make the game take place in Seattle, but the characters and story are entirely his.

Pinchbeck was directly involved in this?

Skorpion

Educated
RIP big vampire tits 2019-2023, I hardly knew ye.

Give me 24 hours.

Normally, I wouldn't care. But full-bodied redheads with ample bosoms are my jazz.

I also needed a (*coff* legally and visually distinct, not based on any real life person or copyrighted character *coff*) character for my Raven-themed vampire lineage.

gdbrthtyjmmjh_1.png
A man of culture I see, gotta love a red! :obviously:

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Give me 24 hours.

Normally, I wouldn't care. But full-bodied redheads with ample bosoms are my jazz.

I also needed a (*coff* legally and visually distinct, not based on any real life person or copyrighted character *coff*) character for my Raven-themed vampire lineage.

gdbrthtyjmmjh_1.png
Full bodied, as presented here is fine, imo. Both Christina Hendricks (late Mad Men era, when people were still obsessing over her cleavage despite her clearly having put on weight) and the dead big titty vamp model were a step too far over the line for me. Obviously tastes differ though.

Also, Bloodlines 2 is going to suck, so your game bears the sole responsibility of propping up the genre.

quixotic

Learned
It’s like waiting in the ER for word on how your girlfriend’s doing, when you've known that your girlfriend has been dead for two decades. They’ve dug up her cadaver and are pretending that what they’re doing to her will somehow bring her back. Meanwhile, you sit in the waiting room, DREADING the moment that you have to face the music and finally see what they’ve done to desecrate your girl.

Moink

Cipher
It’s like waiting in the ER for word on how your girlfriend’s doing, when you've known that your girlfriend has been dead for two decades. They’ve dug up her cadaver and are pretending that what they’re doing to her will somehow bring her back. Meanwhile, you sit in the waiting room, DREADING the moment that you have to face the music and finally see what they’ve done to desecrate your girl.

When you think about it, it's very fitting for a game about eternal curses and the undead.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
Haha, I kept telling people that having a character who looked like that was hardly indicative of an "SJW game"

I mean, I'm not exactly on the doomsday train when it comes to SJW-stuff, but this seems a grave misunderstanding of the diversity (lol) of the alleged "movement." Just like islam, ya got two SJWs in a room, ya got three opinions. And as we can clearly see from Wrathfinder, there's multiple ways to be pozzed. That game isn't very political, but it is filled to the brim with cringeinducing "sex positive" writing, much like Pillars 2 - even more so, in fact - which clearly indicates writer subscription to a certain brand IDpol. That shit always makes writing worse, even though it's more of an aside in Wrathfinder than something you run into a lot.

That vampire mommy didn't necessarily indicate non-SJW, just the lack of a certain style of SJW. As someone who thinks the "SJW threat" to gaming is incredibly overblown, even more so on the Codex, even I must admit that the quotes from Mitsoda and the female writers made it seem like they would suck a ton of the immoral joy out of WoD in Bloodlines 2. I was less worried about outright political stuff and more worried about what the game would lack. And I'm not talking about VV-levels of gratuitousness, more about the quest design etc. Every time the writers from Hardlab opened their mouth, they made their vision for WoD sound incredibly boring.

Don't see how the presence of vampire mommy did much to change that.

Hypothetical discussion regardless, I suppose.

user

Savant
The implication there is that he's about to cut off your hand with that cleaver if you take his hand. 90s edgy-cool malkavian.

From my contact with the original HSL developers I know who this was supposed to be, but any observant Bloodlines fan can figure it out ;)!

Could it be he was a modernized re-imagined Cain? That would be horrifying.

Vaporware until it releases, after that we just have to invent a new tag for these sad attempts like wouldbeware or smth.
At any case I'm more hyped about Tyranicon's game and I'm not even into these kind of stuff (swear to god).

Vincente

Arbiter
The implication there is that he's about to cut off your hand with that cleaver if you take his hand. 90s edgy-cool malkavian.

From my contact with the original HSL developers I know who this was supposed to be, but any observant Bloodlines fan can figure it out ;)!

Could it be he was a modernized re-imagined Cain? That would be horrifying.
Oh god, was it Vandal? His full name was Vandal Cleaver, and he has a cleaver in his hand too...

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom