Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming early 2025

La vie sexuelle

Learned
The usage of her instead of something gender neutral is a modern ploy to pretend that they’re pro women.

Very weird and confusing to non English speaking people. I always thought that "they" is the correct term.

Hey, are you involved as you were with Hardsuit labs? Any contact with the Chinese Room?

- Hallo. Is that The Chinese Room?
- Yes mate! :)
- I have question - why is so much trannies in your game?
- Oi! You cheeky bastard! ;P

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The usage of her instead of something gender neutral is a modern ploy to pretend that they’re pro women.

Very weird and confusing to non English speaking people. I always thought that "they" is the correct term.
it's a specific thing WoD started doing to be edgy, it's now part of their brand. that's all there is to it.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
it's a specific thing WoD started doing to be edgy
Nah, D&D 3.5E was already on that feminist pronoun bullshit.

They had a canon character for each class with a defined sex and race, and used that character's pronouns for all description involving that class. For example, the "iconic" Druid was female, so all the Druid's class description used female pronouns. The DM was also assumed to be female and they used female pronouns for it. For NPCs and other generic things, IIRC they alternated between pronouns.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Granted I know nothing about the Larps, this is interesting because maybe mitsoda and crew really departed heavily from V5.
They didn't.

Except for the Thinblood superpower bonanza needed for all their silly level traversal ideas...
Oh, Thinblood Alchemy isn't their invention either. From the wiki it's supposed to be able to mimick lesser effects of other disciplines. I'm sure there's a way to turn into mist if you can do that.
But the traversal disciplines weren't manifestations of thinblood alchemy. They were a thing of their own.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
In the trailer, the first set of arms at the very start seem to belong to a man, while later on they seem to be strictly feminine. So I assume you can pick the sex of the playable character.
Maybe you will be able to change it along the way.
love.png
You should. If you pick Tzimisce as your Clan, or ask one. Or annoy one.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

They had a canon character for each class with a defined sex and race, and used that character's pronouns for all description involving that class. For example, the "iconic" Druid was female, so all the Druid's class description used female pronouns. The DM was also assumed to be female and they used female pronouns for it. For NPCs and other generic things, IIRC they alternated between pronouns.
I can attest for DnD5, but 3.5? Naaah.

Wesp5

Arcane
Hey, are you involved as you were with Hardsuit labs? Any contact with the Chinese Room?

No. Nobody contacted me ever and I don't know what to do if they did. Of course I would like to beta test the new game, on the other hand the way they treated Mitsoda was not okay! BTW, anybody ever found a leaked video online from what HSL showed me, and the press, about the old beginning of the game? The one with the mass embrace and court session? Because this certainly will not be used anymore and thus is now lost forever...

ColaWerewolf

Educated
No. Nobody contacted me ever and I don't know what to do if they did. Of course I would like to beta test the new game, on the other hand the way they treated Mitsoda was not okay! BTW, anybody ever found a leaked video online from what HSL showed me, and the press, about the old beginning of the game? The one with the mass embrace and court session? Because this certainly will not be used anymore and thus is now lost forever...
If you're interested you should try and contact Josh Mathews, their community manager. You can find a business email and his socials on his youtube channel @StrangeAdventures

He streamed himself playing VtMB with the UP so for sure he knows about you, plus he's a big fan of B1 from even before he got onto this project. If you reach out you have good chances of getting to beta test. They have nothing to do with Mitsoda being fired.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth

No. Nobody contacted me ever and I don't know what to do if they did. Of course I would like to beta test the new game, on the other hand the way they treated Mitsoda was not okay!

The Chinese Room didn't do anything to Mitsoda...

Random question but Vandal Cleaver was supposed to be Mr. Damp, right?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.

Nigger I had the manuals open to confirm while writing.

I think it started with 3.5E and not 3E; not sure, I don't have the 3E manuals on hand anymore.

Here's part of p.33 of the 3.5E PHB, first page of the druid. Followed by p.42, the paladin. It's the same for the monk, rogue, wizard, and a lot of other stuff.

EABlviT.jpg

5IorPWW.jpg

And here is the DMG 3.5E, p.11, with the switching between male and female pronouns when refering to a player. One could even say the connotations are more negative towards players with male pronouns, but I think that would be reading too much into it.

eGWWjLX.jpg

There is more obviously, those are just random pages I flipped to, manuals are like that all over.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I think it started with 3.5E and not 3E; not sure, I don't have the 3E manuals on hand anymore.
I have a third edition phb and can confirm it universally uses female pronouns.

Shouldn't have relied on my memory I went back and checked it it bounces between the two or uses "his or her"

Last edited:

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron

skaraher

Prophet

It was all over Eberron and Pathfinder manuals, which were near the end of 3.5 cycle. Dont think there was that thing in the Core handbooks.

RagingNomad

Educated
In official discord channel community manager Deb said that they will show us something very soon

Delterius

Arcane
In official discord channel community manager Deb said that they will show us something very soon
Have they answered whether we will be able to buy guns and keep them, or we will discard them like HSL version?
i'm afraid to say that in grimdarkness of 2020 the evil (wod) government of the united states passed a new amendment to make all guns disposable. on the upside american gdp growth surged to 10% a year.

The President

Educated

You’re correct it is they. It’s weird and confusing to us native English speakers as well, but this is the idiocy coming from modern American universities.

As for the video you saw that at expo, Wesp you’ll be one of the few people to ever see it. It’s probably lost forever or on some guys hard drive.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom