Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Delterius

Arcane
Oh no, I definitely feel schadenfreude that this game I had awful experiences with the past is now being driven into the ground and alienating all but the most toxically positive fans.
sounds like shellshock have you considered therapy

Delterius

Arcane

Delterius

Arcane

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've never been more interested in industry drama than whatever the hell happened between Hardsuit and Paradox.

Spacer's Nugget

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
someone needs to find brian and get him drunk enough so he removes his gloves. thats when he'll answer all our queries
You'd have a better time with Ka'ai Cluney. That guy loves to booze. He made sure to mention it in every interview, all his Twitter jokes were liquor-related, and so on.

I just found out he's now a Creative Director at Ubisoft Stockholm. Failing upwards I see... right, Martin? Here's to you:

:excellent:

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Nano is willing to suck him off in exchange for giving the codex the story
of course all other devs are welcome to apply, with or without exclusive info

leino

Cipher

Bunch of videos from the old build resurfaced. Game had a ghost level like Ocean House.

Sorry if I missed it somewhere in the subsequent pages but were these videos reuploaded anywhere, they seem to be private now

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Will be interesting to see how they walk back the thin blood and clan choice hooks that were so prominent in the initial marketing.

Losing the main character's thin blood- lineage would be incline. Otherwise ok, but it was almost certain that the angle would've been used as an important social justice- theme throughout the game.
While thinbloods are dumb, the setup was great for gameplay reasons. It justified multiple vampire blood hunts and provided a way for the player to interact with and learn about the clans before being required to pick one.

Last edited:

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM
Will be interesting to see how they walk back the thin blood and clan choice hooks that were so prominent in the initial marketing.

Losing the main character's thin blood- lineage would be incline. Otherwise ok, but it was almost certain that the angle would've been used as an important social justice- theme throughout the game.
While thinbloods are dumb, the setup was great for gameplay reasons. It justified multiple vampire blood hunts and provided a a way for the player to interact with and learn about the clans before being required to pick one.
You’re in luck, because MoonFall is gonna do something like that.

S.H.O.D.A.N.

Learned
While thinbloods are dumb, the setup was great for gameplay reasons. It justified multiple vampire blood hunts and provided a a way for the player to interact with and learn about the clans before being required to pick one.

Is that a positive? That kind of general store approach to an element that should be the foundation of a number of unique narratives within the game reeks of taking the easy way out - why bother building a world where a Toreador's story plays out differently than a Nosferatu's would, when you can build a static one with a nondescript protagonist and a couple cosmetic variables.

It's the CP2077 shitty background choices, except somehow worse.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

You’re in luck, because MoonFall is gonna do something like that.

Well my game has the advantage in that you start off as a familiar and will have time to "choose" before you turn into a vampire. Or become a warrior-priest type slayer. Or become a full-borg Adam Smasher wannabe. Or just stay a regular human.

One of the few benefits of doing wildly ambitious solodev is that I have none of the restraints or limitations of traditional studio-style dev.

RaggleFraggle

Ask me about VTM

Is that a positive? That kind of general store approach to an element that should be the foundation of a number of unique narratives within the game reeks of taking the easy way out - why bother building a world where a Toreador's story plays out differently than a Nosferatu's would, when you can build a static one with a nondescript protagonist and a couple cosmetic variables.

It's the CP2077 shitty background choices, except somehow worse.
It’s adding more expenses to the budget. Modern games already blow their budgets on graphics, but you really expect them to afford content that players will only see by replaying multiple times?

The AAA crash cannot come soon enough. This shit is terrible for us customers.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
More reason why it should be closed but you idiots would rather let it fester.
There was news literally days ago.
Unless they release an official launch date, this game remains vaporware.

Delterius

Arcane
why bother building a world where a Toreador's story plays out differently than a Nosferatu's would
The answer to that question is ultimately up to wether the studio wants to or has the chops/budget to do it.

Consider that Bloodlines has functionally the same story regardless of your clan. You only get to approach it from a different angle. Which generally means being praised by LaCroix, or getting the Tremere Chantry, or walking the sewers as a Nosferatu, or hallucinating the script as a Malkavian. This is not a knock down on Bloodlines itself, that change of perspective is important and does factor into the player's experience - and their final choice. It is similar to how DA:O did things. The brunt of the reactivity is your choice of background. Everything else is a matter of flavor or perspective, which can change how the player approaches NPCs and their choices throught.

In ideal conditions the fact that you'd start clan-less and then would make the choice to join of the city's factions would actually be added incentive to make the story change from that point onwards. Not radically, but to at least make that perspective shift as powerful as it can be. It is quite different from Cyberpunk's background nonsense, because those lasted, what, 10 minutes? Whereas this could have been as far as the midpoint of the game. Or at least far enough where you've met the city's primogen, faction leaders, and so on. Choosing to become Tremere then would be a big deal.

In less than ideal conditions then the choice wouldn't have mattered, the brunt of your character - even mechanically - would have been defined by the thinblood experience, and you'd do the same errands regardless until the end. No matter who you (most likely) diablerized.

TL;DR this didn't mean anything by itself. If the studio was good and the project was well lead, then the experience would have been satisfying. Odds are Hardsuit was neither, though.

J1M

Arcane
i'm sure its a coincidence that you individually feel like you don't want to play a bloodlines sequel and need to post about it on the bloodlines sequel thread
Oh no, I definitely feel schadenfreude that this IP whose fandumb I had awful experiences with the past is now being driven into the ground and alienating all but the most toxically positive fans.

But as much as I delight in imagining those bullies suffering perpetual fits of apoplexy that they brought on themselves (which isn’t much, I do have other interests in multiple old dead IPs nobody else has heard of), there still aren’t any new fun urban fantasy crpgs. I’m still waiting on AI advancing to the point where I can make a decent looking game in my free time on my skillset unrelated to game design.
Maybe you are too European to sense this, but constantly complaining about people who "bullied" your vampire fan fiction with online comments makes you sound like a fag.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom