Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Unwanted

Cologno

Unwanted
ironic commie characters like Damsel
What was ironic about her?
A girl identifying with an epitome of authoritarianism and centralization fighting alongside anarchists. About the only thing not ironic about her is not being an ideological paradox. And her smelly cooter. Cuz hippies don't bathe. [Edit] Come to think of it, she's probably sporting more hair than a sadquatch down there.

Vulpes

Scholar
ironic commie characters like Damsel
What was ironic about her?
A girl identifying with an epitome of authoritarianism and centralization fighting alongside anarchists. About the only thing not ironic about her is not being an ideological paradox. And her smelly cooter. Cuz hippies don't bathe. [Edit] Come to think of it, she's probably sporting more hair than a sadquatch down there.
"B-b-but true communism has never been tried before!!1!!!11!!"

Häyhä

Arbiter
Don't listen to these Cammie square conformists babe, we'll start the revolution just you and me. Hasta siempre Comandante! :salute:

17593-lora-damsel-10-0-6-damsel-VTMB-soul3142-red.jpg

And after the Capes have been toppled we'll have all eternity for organic oppressor-blood lattes.

17799-lora-damsel-10-0-6-damsel-VTMB-soul3142-outdoors.jpg

J1M

Arcane
I think so - the production of this game started when there was a revival of interest in paper RPG games thanks to D&D. But now the trend is ending again, and even Hasbro is feeling it, much less other tabletop game companies.

BG3 just dropped last year and sold a bazillion copies.

Tabletop D&D is wildly popular, more than it ever has been in its history.

I'm not sure what you mean by interest dying, these are boon times my friend, and people are thirsty for more. There are literally people selling 5e anime settings on kickstarter and becoming millionaires.
What he means is "people stopped buying 5e books" because they were told 6e is on the way.

J1M

Arcane
The lack of an inventory, character sheet, or rpg skill mechanics is what I can’t wrap my head around. WTF were they thinking. I’m assuming the ability tree is all various combat abilities and little else.
Hire the Chinese Room, get a walking simulator

Turns out a tiger doesn't change its stripes
B-b-but they hired 80 people that never made a game before!

Vincente

Arbiter
The lack of an inventory, character sheet, or rpg skill mechanics is what I can’t wrap my head around. WTF were they thinking. I’m assuming the ability tree is all various combat abilities and little else.

At least they have one thing in common with the 98% of Codex.

J1M

Arcane
I am genuinely asking here is the dislike of a protagonist being voiced solely a personal preference or is it because they feel it limits the number of dialogue choices they are going to receive?
One thing is that bad voice acting is going to be a waste of money spent of voice acting. Another is that, indeed, voiced dialogues limit the number of dialogue options, if all have to be voiced.
In 5 years it will be possible for AI to dynamically generate voice lines at runtime at high quality and this will no longer be true.

Barghest

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech
Don't listen to these Cammie square conformists babe, we'll start the revolution just you and me. Hasta siempre Comandante! :salute:

And after the Capes have been toppled we'll have all eternity for organic oppressor-blood lattes.

So, you can normally tell what is AI art by counting the fingers. Not sure how long before skynet upgrades itself though. Sorry, what were we discussing in this thread?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They're reusing the hubs from Hardsuit, just covering them in snow.
I thought they threw everything away that HSL did and started from scratch :M
As I said 200 pages ago, all of their comments are marketing lies.
They were pretty clear from day one.
https://screenrant.com/vampire-masquerade-bloodlines-2-interview/
It's very much our vision. I've been on the project a year, but when The Chinese Room took it over in 2021, we did for our vision sort of start from scratch. So it is a new codebase, a new world, a new story, because we're a different developer, and we're building to our strengths and what we see as that fateful translation of VTM. But the things that have continued over from the Hardsuit Labs version is quite a lot of character art and environment art, especially since we chose to also base it in Seattle, because that gave us a big leg up.

You guys are just reading bits and pieces and drawing your own conclusions.

J1M

Arcane
They also said that what HSL made was completely unusable. Sounds like you are the one cherry picking. I have been consistent: all public statements regarding development are marketing lies.

AfterVirtue

Literate
They're reusing the hubs from Hardsuit, just covering them in snow.
I thought they threw everything away that HSL did and started from scratch :M
As I said 200 pages ago, all of their comments are marketing lies.
Of course they are. i mean:

https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/games/vampire-the-masquerade-bloodlines-2/news/what-is-a-brujah

The Brujah clan represent one of the oldest and most recognizable vampire archetypes: that of the eternal rebel.
For Debord's sake, no semplification of byronic heroes, no need to disturb poor Milton for this, are going to make the first part of that phrase less bullshit. As for the second part, yeah, these days i suppose it can be partly be true, given the audience. Tells you more of these days that of vampire archetypes.

Hey, I'm making Vampire 2077!

:argh::argh::argh:

Are you getting anywhere with that, or are you pulling a Cleve and you intend to jerk us around for the next 20 years or so? +M
Rumor says it is on schedule to ship in late 2076.

Lol, ain't nobody living that long.
Vampires do ;)
Of course not. They do not "live" at all.

I would honestly be 90% less bothered about this game sucking ass if, instead of "VtM: Bloodlines 2", it was called something like "VtM: Redeadening"
Yeah, this game would benefit from a more suitable title. Maybe something like, "Vampire the Masquespoken of Aveum: Miles Morales"

Vampyre: The Dumpsterphyre
No reason to be negative yet - I am content to wait and see.
Ahhh, socratic optimist at its finest, i see. And most moronic, too.

Semiurge

Cipher

So, you can normally tell what is AI art by counting the fingers. Not sure how long before skynet upgrades itself though. Sorry, what were we discussing in this thread?

Zdzisław Beksiński predicted A.I. art. Must've seen it in some feverish nightmare.

yz75wsh.jpeg

Serus

Arcane
Patron

At least they have one thing in common with the 98% of Codex.
98% of Codexers never hired anyone, sounds right. :smug:

Harthwain

Magister

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom