Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 - VTMB sequel from The Chinese Room - coming Fall 2024

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Honestly I never paid much attention to this because I don't think Bloodlines needs or deserves a sequel and I could care less - but I'm now just finding out Malkavian and Nosferatu aren't playable in the sequel? What the fuck are they thinking? Those two clans being playable is one of the main reasons Bloodlines is worth playing.
Nosferatu are too much work and hardly anyone played one (most people don't want to be an ugly vampire). Malkavian is probably a DLC clan.

Wesp5

Arcane
I am watching a playthrough of Vampire: The Masquerade - Justice right now and I can imagine that Bloodlines 2 goes into the same direction. The main character has a small stealth crossbow but ignores all weapons the enemies drop and wins 90% of all encounters just by feeding on them or punching them to death. Maybe this is exactly what TCR has in mind as well?

Baron Tahn

Scholar
It's a stealth game so I assume so...Just don't know what else it could be. Minus the crossbow of course. That would be too cool and give the player too many options.

Wish I had the faith that they would pull a big surprise somehow but it just ain't gonna be so.

It's also probably more likely why no Nosferatu- we are all going to be playing like a Nosferatu. Which doesn't make any damn sense, vampires look normal. Are we going to just be able to walk past enemies - which would have to be pretty knarly enemies to face an Elder anyway- with optional combat?

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Honestly I never paid much attention to this because I don't think Bloodlines needs or deserves a sequel and I could care less - but I'm now just finding out Malkavian and Nosferatu aren't playable in the sequel? What the fuck are they thinking? Those two clans being playable is one of the main reasons Bloodlines is worth playing.
Nosferatu are too much work and hardly anyone played one (most people don't want to be an ugly vampire). Malkavian is probably a DLC clan.

Malkavian clas is problematic, je pense, and that's why they won't be present outside of a few consulted NPCs.

Vincente

Arbiter
Dev Diary #13: What are we up to?

AL__1_.jpg

image4__1___1_.jpg

AL__3_.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
My big takeaway is that there's this Unreal editor screenshot of a city, possibly teasing some kind of freeroam. Or it may just be a background, who knows?

LD2__3_.jpg

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Well there's nothing viciously offensive about any of that but also kept it pretty safe. They must be due a trailer pretty soon as well right?

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
ASMR:

Hi, all! I've created a few behind the scenes videos showing the process of recording some of the sounds for VtM:B2. I used a variety of different microphone types and techniques to capture close detailed recordings of various textures which would work well for the blood and gore in BL2. I then processed these recordings to bring out the finer details of the sounds to help create a hyper-realistic sonic aesthetic for them bone-crunchy moments in the game.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
ASMR:

Sound

Hi, all! I've created a few behind the scenes videos showing the process of recording some of the sounds for VtM:B2. I used a variety of different microphone types and techniques to capture close detailed recordings of various textures which would work well for the blood and gore in BL2. I then processed these recordings to bring out the finer details of the sounds to help create a hyper-realistic sonic aesthetic for them bone-crunchy moments in the game.

See you in two weeks for another sneak peek like this, before we break for summer holidays. In the meantime, do be sure to join our Discord or follow us on socials! Bloodlines 2 Twitter, Bloodlines 2 Facebook & Instagram.

I like the first one (00:00-00:02), it will probably sound the same when the publisher tears down the "The Chinese Room" office walls after they have been canned.

Wesp5

Arcane
The first two screenshots give me strong "Swansong" vibes. The first looks similar to the Boston prince headquarter and the second to the Tremere dungeon...

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Yeah Wesp you could probably pitch for at least a play at the IP for an indie title you ever think about it?

Vincente

Arbiter
Wesp5, you should be making your own VtMB2 with blackjack and hookers.
I'm sure he can make his own Bloodlines 2 when he gets his hands of dev leftover levels that didnt meet the quality cut, unused soundtrack, and homosexual player histories, under the very reasonable dev time of 20 years.

Wesp5

Arcane
Yeah Wesp you could probably pitch for at least a play at the IP for an indie title you ever think about it?

No, because I am a complete layman doing this is my spare time and it is one thing to fix or restore content that is already there only broken or hidden, and another to create something new from scratch.

Gargaune

Arcane
You know, the one positive thing I can say at this stage is that's I don't hate the environmental art direction, at least not what they've shown so far. Especially with Summer Games Fest assaulting my eyeballs just these past few days, that's no small thing.

La vie sexuelle

Learned
Dev Diary #14: Hello? Hello? Is this thing still on?

To some extent I understand them, but to some extent I laugh at them because they did it to themselves. Why did they take on a project that could not be saved?
You should read the Troubleshooter updates, every other sentence is an apology. For a good game that people are actively enjoying.

Have we underestimated at Codex scope of the catastrophe that is brewing?

Vulpes

Scholar
My big takeaway is that there's this Unreal editor screenshot of a city, possibly teasing some kind of freeroam. Or it may just be a background, who knows?
I think they said the game is gonna have multiple quest hubs, so I guess this is one of them

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom