Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

Vatnik Wumao
Someone played as Russia all the way to 1936 on the leak,
am5enitiuns91.png

Malakal

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Demo.Graph

Liturgist
Why has Germany not formed? Doesn't look like Russia was actively destroying it.
AH probably won Brothers war or the war ended inconclusively.
What the fuck is with USA, why is it so small and so poor?
There're no Canada and Mexico, so Brits and Spaniards probably ran amoc in NAm. Oh, and it doesn't look like there were that many wars in Europe, so no immigration boost for yankees as well.
why does EIC exist until 1936
Because British Republic?
Japan also looks weak
Because China looks strong.
This reveals multiple problems.
No Poland? No problem!

Vatnik Wumao
I wish he would've posted some screenshots showcasing the rest of the world, but eh. Overall border gore doesn't look that grating for Africa and Eurasia, so at least there's that.

Tyrr

Liturgist
I think it needs to be mentioned of course, that this was the leaked version. A version that likely has had very limited AI testing.
Don't expect much more from the release. Don't forget the game director of Vic3 is the same who left Stellaris with a broken AI when he switched to Vic3.
I mean literally broken with large portions commented out with a "TODO" comment.

Prussia stream,

Kinda neat that national unification can now be done overtime rather than being "you must sphere everyone then annex all at once". Handling your sphere as Prussia was always a bit of an irritant in the early game so it'll be nice if we're able to just annex German minors over time. Which I assume is what happened here, I just skipped over to a few parts in the stream.

I really do wish, though, that there was an option to turn off the up close 3D map. I get that they put a lot of work into it, but it's hard to read borders in that mode.

Vatnik Wumao
Speaking of neat things, this I do like:
2fxM8LW.png

Whether it's a conservative great power wanting to maintain the status quo or a revolutionary country wanting to spread its ideals abroad, it's a neat play for flavor purposes.

How are the colonization mechanics? Is it still a matter of roflstomping native armies by dropping a stack on them, after which they quietly submit to your rule and give you money and troops?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom