Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grand Strategy Victoria 3

I believe the one and only time I gave Paracuck a single dime, was when I had an itch to play some HoI4 mod, which required an updated version of the game that was at the time unavailable on the open seas. So I bought the base game for like one euro on turkish steam lmao.

Voice of the People, DLC about political agitators. Yet Adolf Hitler is nowhere to be seen, when he should be front and center.

Oh, I don't think they'll ever again put emphasis on Hitler and the Third Reich in the future, seeing as to how with the most rudimentary historical representation in HoI4, they've created an entire legion of autistic zoomer wehraboos.

Victoria 3 has facsism mechanics, so there's little reason not to incorporate historical figures related to the ideology in the way Marx and the others are represented. Though arguably, Mussolini would be more relevant to the period than Hitler.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Paradox is roleplaying the features of the new expansion, exiling dozens of prominent Plaza dissidents into the wilds of Reddit and Twitter. Every thread you go in a different infamous username has banned listed under it.

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Paradox is roleplaying the features of the new expansion, exiling dozens of prominent Plaza dissidents into the wilds of Reddit and Twitter. Every thread you go in a different infamous username has banned listed under it.
They should really know by now how the PDX forums work.

janior

Arcane
Patron
nu paradox games are so ugly with those 3d portraits, i guess its also now a cookie clicker like ck
CK3 has good character models, but the ones in Vic 3 are ugly, samey and superfluous.
lol

kfG5mmx4bfQhjW28Y4qxEW.jpg

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Because CK3 is game about characters, where you want to see story effects on your character - like huge, ugly, one-eyed, wounded etc. It have zero reasons to put 3d models in Victoria 3, where charaters are not interacted with and serve only as a tab for several personality descriptions.

Vatnik Wumao
Because CK3 is game about characters, where you want to see story effects on your character - like huge, ugly, one-eyed, wounded etc. It have zero reasons to put 3d models in Victoria 3, where charaters are not interacted with and serve only as a tab for several personality descriptions.
And it's a shitty implementation anyway. Most historical characters look nothing like what they are supposed to (and unlike with most medieval rulers, we actually know exactly how many of the historical characters in Vicky3's timeframe are supposed to look like) and the same sort of thing applies to inaccuracies with culture-specific clothing (or lack thereof without a million flavor packs).

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
Took about a month for Vicky3 to lose over half the very minor gains it made in concurrent players. We'll see how an actual DLC stacks up vs a patch pretty soon I guess.

thesecret1

Arcane
The game would need a pretty massive overhaul in virtually every system to be fun. Hell, it would need more entirely new systems, too! The foundation is rotten, and no amount of DLCs is gonna fix it. Maybe if they were bold like in Stellaris and completely rewrote core systems several times over, there'd be hope, but I doubt they'll go that way.

Stellaris had several times the sales so it was worth it to do a deep rework in order to make the game more long term viable.

thesecret1

Arcane
Stellaris had several times the sales so it was worth it to do a deep rework in order to make the game more long term viable.
I think it may have also been the fact that it's a new IP in a genre Paradox is not all that familiar with. An experiment, basically.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
The game would need a pretty massive overhaul in virtually every system to be fun. Hell, it would need more entirely new systems, too! The foundation is rotten, and no amount of DLCs is gonna fix it. Maybe if they were bold like in Stellaris and completely rewrote core systems several times over, there'd be hope, but I doubt they'll go that way.
They would need to not hate the time period, which as far as I know is impossible.

Axioms

Arcane
Developer
First full month after the patch, the average player gain in April was +17.65% and then the loss this month was -11.33% so a 65% lack of retention. 30 days is down 1.93% from April but that's just cause monday is a slow day probably, might smooth out a bit. Rough for PDox. AoW4 is gonna be a runaway success for them as a publisher but of course the contract specifically keeps them from messing with Triumph so not sure you can credit that to them.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Start from actually doing a proper supply and demand with stockpiles and trade between spheres on the same basis and they might get somewhere. The problem with Vic 2 late game economy crashing, debt or supply/demand problems is not a valid reason to scrap that system completely and create something with artificial goods flow based on modifiers instead of actual physical stockpile value.

Start from actually doing a proper supply and demand with stockpiles and trade between spheres on the same basis and they might get somewhere. The problem with Vic 2 late game economy crashing, debt or supply/demand problems is not a valid reason to scrap that system completely and create something with artificial goods flow based on modifiers instead of actual physical stockpile value.
Yeah, one of the best parts about Vicky2 is realizing that money means basically nothing and the real wealth is in goods. But then in Vicky3 everyone is just performing alchemy and reverse alchemy.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
And it's a shitty implementation anyway. Most historical characters look nothing like what they are supposed to (and unlike with most medieval rulers, we actually know exactly how many of the historical characters in Vicky3's timeframe are supposed to look like) and the same sort of thing applies to inaccuracies with culture-specific clothing (or lack thereof without a million flavor packs).
The issue is that they have systems which dynamically generate characters. So the real historical people have to aesthetically fit with the randomly generated characters. And that pretty much requires them to make some sort of Sims character creator and do the best they can with it to represent historical people's likeness with it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom