Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Video Game Awards AKA the Dorito Pope Show 2015

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
CD Projekt is now undeniably mainstream. They may not have the megasales of a Skryim or Fallout 4 yet, but they're now the top RPG developer with critics. Bethesda and Bioware can only gawk.

A shame they're so incompetent when it comes to gameplay, making games that play worse than the two Bs.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
then Jade Raymond made that quip even after Kojima got cockblocked by lawyers and Keifer was in the audience...

Why, what happened. I haven't watched it.

Kojima wasn't allowed to attend the awards at all because of Konami's lawyers. MGSV won "best action adventure" (which it deserved, since its competition was like... Arkham Knight, lmao), but Keifer had to collect the award.

Like 10 minutes later, Jade Raymond goes on a rant about how important performances are for characters says "AND WHO COULD EVER IMAGINE SNAKE WITHOUT DAVID HAYTER" with Keifer sitting there (who had been very respectful the whole evening)

It all seemed like the perfect ruse for a Kojima reveal at the end, but nope.

Phage

Arcane
Manlet
BTW - Bloodborne deserved every award that Cucker 3: Errand Boy won, but the panel is a bunch of middle aged morons who probably couldn't get past the first boss.

Murk

Arcane
Watching this shit, the awkwardness, the mistakes, the idiotic spectacle -- just reminds me how goddamn bitter and angry I am at everything.

Cowboy Moment

Arcane
BTW - Bloodborne deserved every award that Cucker 3: Errand Boy won, but the panel is a bunch of middle aged morons who probably couldn't get past the first boss.

Not having played Bloodborne, that's probably true. Still, at least Fallout 4 didn't win. And we also get to laugh at the idiots at NeoGAF flipping out about BB not getting any awards.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
CD Projekt is now undeniably mainstream. They may not have the megasales of a Skryim or Fallout 4 yet, but they're now the top RPG developer with critics. Bethesda and Bioware can only gawk.

A shame they're so incompetent when it comes to gameplay, making games that play worse than the two Bs.
They've been mainstream for awhile now. Didn't they have some massive Witcher 3 ad up in Times Square? Never mind Conan O'Brien plugging the game.

Re: Jade Raymond. Fuck her... well... maybe five years ago. Kiefer Sutherland isn't the biggest actor today but he was a pretty major Hollywood star and still does a lot of television work. Certainly a bigger personality than most other people there... pretty dick move by her considering he could have just blown the thing off.

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
They've had shit gameplay nailed since Witcher 1.

Last edited:

Murk

Arcane
Jesus dude. Relax. It's just video games FFS.

You must be new. I envy your (soon to fade) remaining hope.

Metro at least she got a dose of instant-karma with the actress-game name fuckup.

I had no clue what the hell 'her story' was, but from the title I figured it was a non-game. Looked up the site -- and as a particularly dank m8 told me -- "even the fucking logo has chromatic aberration."

then Jade Raymond made that quip even after Kojima got cockblocked by lawyers and Keifer was in the audience...

Why, what happened. I haven't watched it.

Kojima wasn't allowed to attend the awards at all because of Konami's lawyers. MGSV won "best action adventure" (which it deserved, since its competition was like... Arkham Knight, lmao), but Keifer had to collect the award.

Like 10 minutes later, Jade Raymond goes on a rant about how important performances are for characters says "AND WHO COULD EVER IMAGINE SNAKE WITHOUT DAVID HAYTER" with Keifer sitting there (who had been very respectful the whole evening)

It all seemed like the perfect ruse for a Kojima reveal at the end, but nope.

jKYp4hO.jpg

Stargazer_

The glorious pope of Dewritos isn't alone, its time to meet his cohort the Bud Light Bishop!
1449273236377.png

"For Shitty Beer so loved the world that he gave his one and only Beverage, that whoever believes in him shall not thirst but have eternal Bud Light."

Akratus

Self-loathing fascist drunken misogynist asshole
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Watching this shit, the awkwardness, the mistakes, the idiotic spectacle -- just reminds me how goddamn bitter and angry I am at everything.

Dude it's fucking hilarious. They make up a new name, change their image, but they keep fucking it up so hilarously. It's exactly the awards gaming deserves. It couldn't be better.

Mustawd

The same type of people who watch the Emmy's, VMAs, Golden Globes, ESPYs, Oscars. It's a thing man. For whatever reason.

pippin

Who watches Game Awards? Stupid people who needs validation that their game is goty?

Some people really feel games should have their own Oscars.
Edit: Also, the industry is about marketing, not about development or content. Just like everything else.

Renegen

Arcane
This is nothing like the Oscars, the Oscars are respectable and don't have ads in the middle, they are a celebration of all cinema(mostly Hollywood) and they also vote for stuff that has artistic value. Video games awards is done by people with 20 lower IQ and no self-awareness.

Mustawd

This is nothing like the Oscars, the Oscars are respectable and don't have ads in the middle, they are a celebration of all cinema(mostly Hollywood) and they also vote for stuff that has artistic value. Video games awards is done by people with 20 lower IQ and no self-awareness.

Yes, but the point remains the same. Which is the best "XYZ" product? And that's why people watch it: To root for their favorites.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom