Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Visual Novel Recomendation Thread

Fargus

Arcane
I see the World End Economica being mentioned here. I have all of them on steam from some sale. Maybe i should give it a try...

I see the World End Economica being mentioned here. I have all of them on steam from some sale. Maybe i should give it a try...

I am half way through part 2. Really enjoying it. It is more tightly written than most VNs I have played. Little to no filler. Part 1 starts a little slow but then it becomes engaging.

Elttharion

Learned

dMa3XTJ.jpg

Finished World End Economica part 2. Was good. It's been a while since I was this enthralled by a VN. It's very good at explaining financial concepts that I didn't understand at all even when taking college courses. You understand it better when you have characters you care about being threatened by or trying to capitalize with these mechanics to achieve their goals. It is also the only game story I can think of off of the top of my head where you interact with a lot of suits such as moneylenders, shareholders, CEOs, bankers, etc, and they aren't demonized as strawmen capitalist caricatures.

3J0IZaq.jpeg

BUzo1Fx.jpeg

mxq7TGI.jpeg

egKMYIH.jpeg

6IvO8mL.jpeg

WBFmmB3.jpeg

uNzCOjp.jpeg

QgPcuEJ.jpeg

GOA2InH.jpeg

Currently half way through part 3. Things were looking so good :argh::negative:

hbTpR7X.png

Last edited:
J4aRXuq.jpeg

jq8u5Qe.jpeg

I have finished World End Economica. It was great up until the last 10 minutes. The ending was a little underwhelming. It is abrupt and there is no epilogue for a send off. Some of the music was nice but the tracks were too short, being about 60 to 90 seconds in length.

JrxXDWq.jpeg
fK5Fhgt.jpeg

zpS6viQ.jpeg

RkcEraP.jpeg

The second and third games were building up to their reunion, but Hal and Hagana only got to spend two scenes together. You never get to savor it. There is no epilogue and you don't get to see if Lisa and Serrault got their happy ending. We never found out if John Eagle survived the apocalypse or fled to Earth. Chris turned her back on the Church to focus all in on climbing the corporate ladder, but then in the credits CG she is apparently eating there again? And I was not convinced that Barton was repentant. I'd be worried that he would be back to his old ways and create another ponzi scheme/crush more people and then leave our heroes out to dry again. I was also expecting that Christianity would have established more of a presence on the moon after 8 years. Lisa and the Church being in that blockbuster movie surely would have spurred more interest in it. What about Hal's housing project? Or the other cities that were envisioned? Did he use his billions to kickstart those? Did Toyama and Chris' father and everyone else who got evicted by Barton come back to settle in Hal's new houses?

Overall very good. Up there as one of the tighter VNs I've read.

Kuruwin

Novice
Got Iwaihime recently, I might start with it today... Thoughts?
It's shit. I have already forgotten the specifics but part of it's problem was the artstyle and the story clashing. It's pretty much underwhelming all around though and eventhough it's not a long game, it's still manage's to drag on.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

it's okay. It's a little village horror story.

I can somewhat agree that the art style chosen kinda makes the horror impact not to bite as much, but in a way while Higurashi horror is there to be creepy, the horror here acts more like a shock value kind of thing

n0wh3r3

Educated

it's okay. It's a little village horror story.

I can somewhat agree that the art style chosen kinda makes the horror impact not to bite as much, but in a way while Higurashi horror is there to be creepy, the horror here acts more like a shock value kind of thing
I decided to saver it for later and started Chaos:Head instead.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom