Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

ADL

Prophet
AI squadmates, command intrisic and Corpus liches coming in 2021
New operation (with a new Warframe as a reward) coming this year

Gerrard

Arcane
You mean that mech that is locked behind massive grind with retarded skew of part drops that serves no purpose other than pissing you off, and the mods for which are also locked behind massive grind? I'm sure this event will be popular. Literally learned nothing from Failjack.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
MAKE SOMETHING ELSE DE!!! You're clearly a talented bunch, but you've beaten this horse to death.

Either that or take the game offline for a year, trim your personnel fat, integrate all the bits and pieces into some sort of coherent whole, and relaunch it as the s-f masterpiece you wanted it to be.

ADL

Prophet
From my understanding, that's what they're trying to do by fully integrating Railjack into the core experience.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
RIP Melee, again. If DE wants to buff guns they can start by unfucking the Staticor, the Opticor, the Sonicor, and several other AoE guns that don't end in "icor".

kreight

MAKE SOMETHING ELSE DE!!! You're clearly a talented bunch, but you've beaten this horse to death.

Either that or take the game offline for a year, trim your personnel fat, integrate all the bits and pieces into some sort of coherent whole, and relaunch it as the s-f masterpiece you wanted it to be.
They tried. The Amazing Eternals was their moba shooter. It was actually pretty good but they decided to stop devekopment at the beta stage.

Codex Year of the Donut
game is shit, accept it and move on.
accepting that anything that is not currently shit will -- if repeatedly modified -- eventually become shit is an important part of life

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Railjack 3.0 + Corpus faction in Railjack
AI shipmates
Zephyr rework + Deluxe

I played it. Its terrible.
The new missions are basically a 15 minute prelude to play a generic mission from the star chart. And it doesn't even work because if you play 5 waves of the defense mission and extract, you fail the mission for some retarded reason.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
AI shipmates
Zephyr rework + Deluxe

how does the crew recruiting part work? is it detailed?
I'm addicted to those kind of games :shredder:

First you dump all of your points into command so you can have 3 crew slots.
Then you go to that Ticker guy in Fortuna, see what Crew he has to sell, see that they are all shit and wait 12 hours to get a roster of crew that's less shit.
Also, the price of the crew depends on syndicate standing.

You can also use Liches as Crew, but they can only defend the ship, they can't use any systems or repair.
You can also give crew weapons, so that Veldt in your armory now has a use.

Codex Year of the Donut
AI shipmates
Zephyr rework + Deluxe

Then you go to that Ticker guy in Fortuna, see what Crew he has to sell, see that they are all shit and wait 12 hours to get a roster of crew that's less shit.

ah, so it's not similar to say, Star Trek Online?
I haven't even played since they added railjack so I don't really know what it is tbh

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
AI shipmates
Zephyr rework + Deluxe

I haven't even played since they added railjack so I don't really know what it is tbh

I didn't play Star Trek Online so I don't know how to compare it, but the Railjack Crew system is basically a way of playing Railjack solo without having to do everything yourself, as you have AI crew taking care of repairs and weapon systems.

AI shipmates
Zephyr rework + Deluxe

not even close to STO. deeply unfortunately. you can have a crew of 3 and assign them a single role between piloting (feels pretty random, still better than some people), gunnery (reliable, i started a low level solo to try them out and he killed a dozen enemies before the mission properly loaded), repair (hadn't chance to test) or ship internal defense (same). when i checked the crew shop almost all had one max stat (maybe because i'm rank 27? or 28? might be) making the extra training points useless. their looks are fixed, as long as i know. you can give them a primary weapon, no idea why because only the ship defense crew member should roam and fight*. finally a reason to build more than a single ignis wraith. during missions they speak, they have quite a lot to say, mostly blurb or lore related to the faction they belong to.
there's very little to do with them, huge shame, but they're a nice sink for sick larpers like me who'll check market some more to put together a whole single-faction crew.

*: slight correction, the repairers walk the ship too.

Last edited:

Bliblablubb

Arcane
not even close to STO. deeply unfortunately
I am pretty sure he meant:

"Can you have 3 scantly clad bridgebunnies running around on your ship, preferably being able to dress them yourself in whatever bikini color you like at that day?" :obviously:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom