Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warframe

inaros & xoris vs the noobs. void defense, i was happily introducing everyone to my laserdisc until some idiot noob activated the laser (which you should never ever ever ever do, they're there to hamper the team), which didn't outright kill me but first procced radiation. my disc bounced on the defense pod. 50k red crit. mission over.

yeah, somehow i want to play the game again after few months of only collecting the daily lottery.

arcane trickery: 15% to become invisible for 30s on finisher kill
ash 4: counts as finisher
max range, strength and efficienty build, no duration whatsoever: AHAHAHAHAH i'm permanently invisible and i can kill as many of you as i want with minimal effort and expense of energy

if you still feel insecure, there's arcane ultimatum: +1200 armor every finisher kill for 45s. even while visible, still invincible.

i need all of you to come online and thank _DM_Darkness because he made me the most famous player ever in history of everything. according to him, i'm serverwide known for being the reason people don't play past wave 1 in elite onslaught. he got upset because i wished all the early leavers eternal blue balls.

i met him again so i gave up to curiosity and peeked at his profile: pink frame, pink operator, danger haired, heavy makeup, paid skins. [surprised kirk] probably he got upset at the joke because he cut off his own means to have blue balls.

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
Is it worth purchasing if interested getting into the game? Should I or better to stay away?

Get it for the platinum alone. As much as I'd say get it for Nidus too because he's a pain in the ass to farm out... Nidus Prime is coming in the next two quarters so that's kind of a moot point but for mastery and Helminth consumption still worth it.

Use the plat to buy a comfortable amount of slots and forma to kickstart your playthrough. Don't be an idiot and waste it on cosmetics.

play the game as is, without spending a dime. IF you're enjoying it and don't get caught by that retarded mindset "long crafting times are there to leech money off people", then and only then when you get a 75% discount from the daily lottery you can evaluate if it's worth spending 10-20 euros. my first purchase has been 20, i bought a cascade of slots, two weapons, a frame, a colors set, some rare crafting materials (they're not on sale anymore), some essential mods and the remaining platinum lasted me for almost a year. grinding through the syndicates and opening relics will give you more than enough money to buy all the slots you need. hell, now the nightthing gives slots for free.

Lhynn

Arcane
Dont play this game, its a waste of time that will leave nothing to you. You wont get an anecdote, you will never feel like you achieved anything.

Xelocix

Learned
play the game as is, without spending a dime. IF you're enjoying it and don't get caught by that retarded mindset "long crafting times are there to leech money off people", then and only then when you get a 75% discount from the daily lottery you can evaluate if it's worth spending 10-20 euros. my first purchase has been 20, i bought a cascade of slots, two weapons, a frame, a colors set, some rare crafting materials (they're not on sale anymore), some essential mods and the remaining platinum lasted me for almost a year. grinding through the syndicates and opening relics will give you more than enough money to buy all the slots you need. hell, now the nightthing gives slots for free.

Purchasing platinum is cucked, I've made hundreds of plat in Warframe by selling all my useless mods, weapon parts, frame blueprints, etc on Warframe Market. I constantly have enough plat to purchase anything I want in the game just by playing the game.

the very beginning is harsh without a little help, and you can't work through syndicates (that i already mentioned) right away.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

This review mirrors my thoughts pretty well.

Yeah it's a good review. One wonders if he'll get the bug and keep playing. (If he does he'll find some excellent story bits in the future :) )

I think I would be physically sick if I played WF ever again, I soooo burnt out on the game several years ago after being obsessed with it for like 3 years.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Nah, this guy played for too little to reach the final realization stage, he is still on the "ninjas in space are cool phase" yet, typical youtuber, his soul wasnt even consumed by the piles and piles and piles and piles of superfluous and useless progressions bars that are only there to give an "incentive" to waste time on the proc generated levels that have that "charm" that only proc generated levels have to reach the final realization yet.

Warframe is the most outrageous case of the best 4 hour gameplay tech demo stretched into 500 hs.

They are farming blood from the stone for the last few years, they got to a point where they not only farmed the stone, they farmed the sand the stone released, then they farmed the molecules, then they farmed the atoms and are taking blood from the sub atomic molecules that previously made the stone.

So, after a certain point, I passed a sanity check and noticed the game is a huge trap made by Cthulhu entities to see how long a human being will waste his time on the vague promise that a game will eventualy become good. Even the story the shills promised would be cool, it pretty much ruined for me, you are just playing with a bunch of teenagers saving the universe straight from a JRPG and when I saw that, damn, what those shills on youtube are smoking? The problem is that you only discover this when you are pretty close to the end game.

I mean, the whole story of the game is: a)Ancient super awesome Empire makes machines that rebel against it (Oh, such surprise here!), b) To kill the evil machines they make warframes controlled by teenagers, c)The teenagers save the universe, d) The teenagers do a literal temper tantrum when their mommy is killed, e) They kill the super advanced civilization on their temper tantrum as if nobody on this super awesome civilization never had the tought of having killing switches on the warframes or just built something else that could kill them all this time. Damn, I know most those F2P games just come up with bs as they go along but you really needed some effort to just screw things up on that level.

ADL

Prophet
It's always interesting to new player reactions and how unfriendly the game still is to them. It has gotten slightly better since I started in 2013 but I totally understand why someone would say fuck this and exit the game never to return. Brozime did a response video to it (he agrees with all the major points) and I completely agree that there should be a default mod loadout for the starter weapons, there should be some sort of extensive walkthrough on how mods work, put stance on the default melee weapons automatically and the opening questline should cover at least three planets before the game throws you into it all.

I'd be interested in knowing how many players drop the game after completing the new intro and seeing the mod screen for the first time with zero explanation of how it works.

Great first impression then sucks shit once gear grind and damage bloat kick in. One of the better movement and combat systems of recent years crushed under an avalanche of freemium MMO garbage; literally disgusting.

Make it a linear ARPG for fucks sake. Pick a frame and gear at the start, play through a 10-20 hour campaign with well-designed levels, upgrade frame abilities and gear along the way. Rinse & repeat with a new build at NG+. Sell it as a normal game.

DE could have been 3 to 4 entries into a successful game series by now if they'd been able to resist the temptation to go whaling.

DeepOcean

Arcane
Make it a linear ARPG for fucks sake. Pick a frame and gear at the start, play through a 10-20 hour campaign with well-designed levels, upgrade frame abilities and gear along the way. Rinse & repeat with a new build at NG+. Sell it as a normal game.
This, I really dunno why they dont have real levels to this day and no, proc generated garbage doesnt get close to something that is acceptable as a video game level.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Nah, this guy played for too little to reach the final realization stage, he is still on the "ninjas in space are cool phase" yet, typical youtuber, his soul wasnt even consumed by the piles and piles and piles and piles of superfluous and useless progressions bars

Eh, a few years ago I played Warframe for 2 months straight, 12 hour sessions 6 days a week. A complete obsession. Overall I had a blast. I only lost interest when I exhausted the core progression content - i.e. exploring the solar system - and started the endgame grind, the operator skills, Plains, shit like that. Then the game became boring fast. But those two months are still super memorable for me. Up until the endgame it's a grate gaym.

forget the lore, it's retarded, makes no sense, it's a frankensteined patchwork of failed nonsensical ideas made by too many people who left their work and no one knows what they were thinking.

proc generated levels that have that "charm" that only proc generated levels have to reach the final realization yet.
the point in warframe is learning those tiles and progressing through them with a selection of frames and weapons balanced between fun and efficiency. i'm 2000 hours into the game and still trying new stuff. before the latest big patch hit with the nerfbat, i had been looking into frames and abilities with immunity to knockback to better use a specific glaive specifically made to be thrown and built around a specific mod.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
DE has never been able to adhere to their own story. At this point they don't really know what they're doing anymore and they keep throwing shit at the wall hoping to find something that will stick.

Nah, this guy played for too little to reach the final realization stage, he is still on the "ninjas in space are cool phase" yet, typical youtuber, his soul wasnt even consumed by the piles and piles and piles and piles of superfluous and useless progressions bars

Eh, a few years ago I played Warframe for 2 months straight, 12 hour sessions 6 days a week. A complete obsession. Overall I had a blast. I only lost interest when I exhausted the core progression content - i.e. exploring the solar system - and started the endgame grind, the operator skills, Plains, shit like that. Then the game became boring fast. But those two months are still super memorable for me. Up until the endgame it's a grate gaym.

I did about 50 hours at first. Started to get fucked off by damage bloat. Got my hands on a then new and meta Fulmin. Brute forced the rest of the solar system. Dropped the game shortly after the operator unlock.

The core gameplay loop is an attractive facade over rotten architecture. Every single aspect of the experience has to be yoked to monetization and grind to service the business model; a millstone around the game's neck.

Codex Year of the Donut
The main problem with warframe is that there's too many fucking frames now. Half of them are basically just deviant art-tier OCs of existing frames, the other half are trannies.
Feels like you're playing a cheap chinese mobile game.

Gerrard

Arcane
Don't worry, soon you will have 2 more sets of mods to grind for the Corpus and Grineer modes.

The most hilarious part of the presentation was how a random Grineer mook with a basic gun destroyed all those Sentients.
>Warframe
>lore

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom