Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Wrath fans also appreciate how empowering it is to have a transgender half-orc as your lieutenant for the majority of the game. I'm sorry was there a point to this statement?

The half-orc is a lesbo. Her human lover is the tranner.

I'm not discussing the solution for me specifically playing with WotR:s clown crew. We are talking more broadly about race presentation and the incessant need to shove in as many different races as possible into the roster, rarity in the context of the gameworld be damned. From this point the "just use custom party" is a nonsensical argument.

They're being self-indulgent and pandering to the Pathfinder audience and it's working. Most people who play Pathfinder don't want to play a bunch of boring humans, they want to be special minorities.

Big step for owlcat. I guess they might still use one of the free d20 rulesets (including pathfinder minus the setting?). I expect it might be kinda garbage, but we'll see.

It's an action RPG, no d20s here.

Makes sense, but why most "special" persons are non humans?

In D&D verse, humans aren't in the bottom of food chain. Even limiting to casters, Karsus, Elminster, the Sorcerer Kings of Athas, the leaders of Thay(....) all are humans.

Having Elminster or an Elminster-level companion would be inappropriate. Have to be special without being "What do we need the player character for?"

Saravan

Savant
The half-orc is a lesbo. Her human lover is the tranner.

Apologies for mixing up the correct sexual orientation of two shit characters.

They're being self-indulgent and pandering to the Pathfinder audience and it's working. Most people who play Pathfinder don't want to play a bunch of boring humans, they want to be special minorities.

To nobody's surprise Wrath fans enjoy indulging in degenerate gameplay.

Ryzer

Arcane
The Downward spiral of RPGs developers:
- Develop CRPGs with tabletop rules -> Success
- Decide to iterate on the precedent success -> Success
You're here -> If the two steps above worked: go straight at making: First/third person action RPGs with everything dumbed down
- End up like Bioware
- Profit? Profit

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Having Elminster or an Elminster-level companion would be inappropriate. Have to be special without being "What do we need the player character for?"

I know. I'm not saying that we should have guys like this in our party, my point is just that there are lots of strong humans in D&D/PFverse. If was up to me, the companions would be :

• Human barbarian with suicidal hatred towards sorcery who blames sorcery for the existence of the world wound and will NOT join in your party deepening on the PC class, maybe even will attack your camp if you are a Wizard/Sorcerer with a horde of relative powerful Barbarians believing that your sorcery will make the problems even worse(liches would get a way to reanimate them as undead servants and get a companion + unities for teh Cruzade)
  • Human female blonde, blue eyed gorgeous winter witch who hates civilization and only joins you if you are of chaotic alignment.
  • Male Human zealot fallen paladin who wanna regain his paladin powers.
  • Half elf thief chick who was an slave from Numeria but fled to the worldwound.
  • Female Human druid who hates civilization
  • Lawful neutral gnome illusionist/transmuter who believes that Gnomes should rule everyone
  • Token 6 INT extremely dumb half orc who is enslaved by the gnome above.
  • A Wryven ridding human male cavalier.
  • Dhampir male necromancer who can either become human again or a full blown vampire depending on player choices
  • Female generic human cleric
  • Human sorcerer of abyssal bloodline who hates her ancestry but depends on the power of her ancestry
  • Elf Cleric similar to Glorianna from Ravenloft : Strahd possession
  • Gnome alchemist akin to Jubilost
  • A Succubus who will poses as "wanting redemption" but try to kill the MC and enslave MC and that works as spy for demons and make things harder if is in PC party.
Nothing ordinary as "normal human soldier"

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
You're here -> If the two steps above worked: go straight at making: First/third person action RPGs with everything dumbed down
- End up like Bioware
- Profit? Profit
One might suppose that the RPG tools they built for Unreal to make this simpler-by-comparison game will benefit the Unreal Pathfinder game (which is probably why they decided to make even more Wrathfinder DLC; need to buy more time to make the big engine switch).

vortex

Fabulous Optimist
- End up like Bioware
- Profit? Profit
If only they could make a game like Mass Effect.

mondblut

Arcane

"Normal human soldiers" are the best. All these snowflake races and speshul classes are just DIE by any other name. An outlet for believers in 69 genders.

6 races and 6 classes (+ multiclasses and dualclass) of SSI games were more than enough. In fact, if halflings and gn*mes were cut, nothing of value would be lost.

Sarathiour

Cipher
A Succubus who will poses as "wanting redemption"

I did not mind the concept of aru, but she has dogshit writing and the fact that everyone except regill, greybor and galfrey to some extend give her a free pass for whatever she's done before is ludicrous, the only one that should somewhat trust her should be ember, end of story.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath

I know. I'm not saying that we should have guys like this in our party, my point is just that there are lots of strong humans in D&D/PFverse. If was up to me, the companions would be :

• Human barbarian with suicidal hatred towards sorcery who blames sorcery for the existence of the world wound and will NOT join in your party deepening on the PC class, maybe even will attack your camp if you are a Wizard/Sorcerer with a horde of relative powerful Barbarians believing that your sorcery will make the problems even worse(liches would get a way to reanimate them as undead servants and get a companion + unities for teh Cruzade)
  • Human female blonde, blue eyed gorgeous winter witch who hates civilization and only joins you if you are of chaotic alignment.
  • Male Human zealot fallen paladin who wanna regain his paladin powers.
  • Half elf thief chick who was an slave from Numeria but fled to the worldwound.
  • Female Human druid who hates civilization
  • Lawful neutral gnome illusionist/transmuter who believes that Gnomes should rule everyone
  • Token 6 INT extremely dumb half orc who is enslaved by the gnome above.
  • A Wryven ridding human male cavalier.
  • Dhampir male necromancer who can either become human again or a full blown vampire depending on player choices
  • Female generic human cleric
  • Human sorcerer of abyssal bloodline who hates his ancestry but depends on the power of her ancestry
  • Elf Cleric similar to Glorianna from Ravenloft : Strahd possession
  • Gnome alchemist akin to Jubilost
  • A Succubus who will poses as "wanting redemption" but try to kill the MC and enslave MC and that works as spy for demons and make things harder if is in PC party.

obbzTvE.png

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
A Succubus who will poses as "wanting redemption"

I did not mind the concept of aru, but she has dogshit writing and the fact that everyone except regill, greybor and galfrey to some extend give her a free pass for whatever she's done before is ludicrous, the only one that should somewhat trust her should be ember, end of story.

Nice point, but would be interesting if for eg, the succubus is seducing the MC and more sex he had with her = more control of her over the MC she has, at first the PC only has some wet dreams with her, then kneeling to her and massaging her feet + buying expensive gifts and if you sleep too much with her, she can throw you against your own party in the worst possible moment, and the DC to break free would be proportional to how much sex you had with her. My greatest critique towards romance in CRPG's is that it rarely affects the gameplay in a substantial matter.

"Normal human soldiers" are the best. All these snowflake races and speshul classes are just DIE by any other name. An outlet for believers in 69 genders.

6 races and 6 classes (+ multiclasses and dualclass) of SSI games were more than enough. In fact, if halflings and gn*mes were cut, nothing of value would be lost.

I like exotic races but don't think that they should be "snowflakes", special and powerful. In fact, I think that they should come with crippling hindrances. Like Drows with -6 to hit while exposed to sunlight and shunned by everyone. Dhampirs in Pathfinder has lots and lots of vampire benefits and very few drawbacks.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

rojay

Scholar
Nice point, but would be interesting if for eg, the succubus is seducing the MC and more sex he had with her = more control of her over the MC she has, at first the PC only has some wet dreams with her, then kneeling to her and massaging her feet + buying expensive gifts and if you sleep too much with her, she can throw you against your own party in the worst possible moment, and the DC to break free would be proportional to how much sex you had with her. My greatest critique towards romance in CRPG's is that it rarely affects the gameplay in a substantial matter.

I bet what you wrote has a very different meaning in the context of your native language.

Reinhardt

Arcane
well, paying demons for sex was one of the things victor loudly praised in wrath of trannies.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
You hate the current roster, including the two black humans, what makes you think you'd like other characters any more just because they happen to be human? The solution to "I hate how companions are written in this game" is to not take any of them. Nenio and Greybor and Camellia and so on wouldn't have radically different personalities if they were conceived as humans.

The game would have one less furry, though.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom