Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
This doesn't surprise me. Owlcat still hasn't gotten out of Russia enough to not be part of the sanctions, at least according to them, which is why they still haven't managed to fulfill the last of the physical kickstarter stuff. They said that the shipping company is in possession of their inventory and is just sitting on it. Paizo probably literally can't deal with them atm.
They're making Wrath DLC and working on another Pathfinder game. The thing is that Starfinder is trash. :M

They have three confirmed projects on the go atm? Huh. I thought it was just the last DLC and whatever this space game is.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Do we know if the woke stuff came from Owlcat or the source material? Paizo is notoriously woke.
A lot of it right from the source.
https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...ompilation-thread.140072/page-23#post-7591377
A lot but by no means all. During the AMA a year or so ago, one of their character writers made a point of saying she tried to push diversity/inclusion wherever possible. I assume that's where we get things like the Storyteller suddenly being gay, etc.

I don't really care, tbh, but it would help if the writing quality hadn't also nose-dived as they further focused on appeasing Biodrones.

Humbaba

Arcane
A lot but by no means all. During the AMA a year or so ago, one of their character writers made a point of saying she tried to push diversity/inclusion wherever possible. I assume that's where we get things like the Storyteller suddenly being gay, etc.
Storyteller isn't gay. There is nothing gay about enjoying a glass of wine with your homie alone in your wizard tower. He never refers to him as anything more than a friend.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
They have three confirmed projects on the go atm? Huh. I thought it was just the last DLC and whatever this space game is.

As I posted earlier they have a couple of job listings calling for Pathfinder designers who can script in Unreal. Wouldn't be able to tell it was a new project if not for the change in engine.

mediocrepoet

Patron

As I posted earlier they have a couple of job listings calling for Pathfinder designers who can script in Unreal.

I saw that, but that doesn't imply that there's a third project. DLC are in Unity, this space thing could easily be in Unreal.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I saw that, but that doesn't imply that there's a third project. DLC are in Unity, this space thing could easily be in Unreal.
The space game is Unreal. The Pathfinder game is also Unreal. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...or-their-next-game.143159/page-5#post-7951463

Literally "We are looking for a Pathfinder Core Mechanics Designer / Game Designer." Says Unreal, not Unity (as opposed to other listings which either list both Unity and Unreal or just Unity).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I think that they will do another Pathfinder game. Why? Because they have lots and lots of assets that can be easily imported into a new module and have a guaranteed profit with relative low money input. Unless Paizo is not allowing it to happen(ie - sanctions or they wanting to impose the atrocious pf2e). As for their sci fi game, can be ANYTHING, from a shooter to a retroclone similar to Spelljammer.

Last edited:

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
8 pages for a game that
a) we know is going to be garbage on release
b) is going to be woke as fuck
c) will only appeal to autistic buildfags

Thank you for your valuable contribution. With more posts like this, we can reach page 100 without anything meaningful being exchanged.

Nu-Dexers will do that by themselves. See also the BG3 thread.

How about some more Victor-sperges-about-magic posts? Those always get the replies going.

Ryzer

Arcane
Playtime is over kids, go back to class and learn well your lessons for tomorrow. There will be a test.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Yet I have better taste than the lot of you. Weird.

Then how do you explain your gf?

9Cj6Gpe.jpg

Wunderbar

Arcane
What if Owlcat were developing a Starfinder game, but after losing a licensing deal with Paizo due to political reasons they had to rebrand it as a standalone project?

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't really care, tbh, but it would help if the writing quality hadn't also nose-dived as they further focused on appeasing Biodrones.
1623624631845.png

people who "don't really care" are the exact reason this happens because they have lobotomized their own innate pattern recognition

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom