Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
idn't know their team is getting that big.

Their games sell relatively well and they live in Russia, not in Commiefornia, so they don't need to spend US$300k/year for diversity chief officers.

Wrong country and the diversity chief officers were replaced by every NPC in WotR.

I've heard that they are publishing from Cyprus but most workforce is in Russia. So, they have no need to pay astronomical high wages for a "chief diversity officer". If someone thinks that I"m exaggerating with US$ 300k/year " The average Chief Diversity Officer salary in the United States is $224,500 as of April 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $193,300 and $271,600." hsource - Salary.com

If only I had majored in Women's Studies or Indigenous Oppression or whatever the fuck.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Their games sell relatively well and they live in Russia, not in Commiefornia, so they don't need to spend US$300k/year for diversity chief officers.

Wrong country and the diversity chief officers were replaced by every NPC in WotR.

I've heard that they are publishing from Cyprus but most workforce is in Russia. So, they have no need to pay astronomical high wages for a "chief diversity officer". If someone thinks that I"m exaggerating with US$ 300k/year " The average Chief Diversity Officer salary in the United States is $224,500 as of April 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $193,300 and $271,600." hsource - Salary.com

See, this is what makes me sometimes think that the closer parallel to current times is the French revolution. Weimar is a good comparison for obvious reasons, but the condition of a big, useless class of cultural pseudo-elites vampirizing off the body politic is quite like the French revolution preconditions.

Wunderbar

Arcane

they are located in M*scow.

M*scow and the rest of Russia are not the same thing.

Saravan

Savant

Not disputing clown America but the "muh based Russian Owlcat devs" narrative is such an obvious lie. Don't even know why you are trying just look at their games.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
(...)
Not disputing clown America but the "muh based Russian Owlcat devs" narrative is such an obvious lie. Don't even know why you are trying just look at their games.

Everyone knows that PF:WoTR has awful writing and atrocious woke BS, but besides OwlCat, there is any studio which din't "fired" Chris Avellone by a merely accusation?

M*scow and the rest of Russia are not the same thing.

Russia is a continental country. There are lots and lots of internal differences. What is normal in Moscow can be a aberration in Chechen and vice versa.

Aarwolf

Learned
If i can kill goblins dwarfs and haflings in space , i'm fine with whatever. Manlets should never go to the stars

What's wrong with sending them to space Laika style as probes and watching them burn like meteors while coming back?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

If only I had majored in Women's Studies or Indigenous Oppression or whatever the fuck.

You would need to be a black trans disabled lesbian as well.

Dodo1610

Arcane
Really hope Owlcat learns what immersion means every location in their games feels dead since day night cycle has no impact, no idle chatter or animation. I don't understood why no one else complains about this but people won't accept more dead locations in action RPGs.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Really hope Owlcat learns what immersion means every location in their games feels dead since day night cycle has no impact, no idle chatter or animation. I don't understood why no one else complains about this but people won't accept more dead locations in action RPGs.

I always liked the Sigil ambience in PST for that. If you were outside the smouldering corpse bar there was voiced touts in the audio ambience yelling "Hey you Cutter, want to see a burning corpse?" and similar, also the general hubbub of a busy and chaotic city.

Owlcat have never really been able to capture that kind of ambience.

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

I always liked the Sigil ambience in PST for that. If you were outside the smouldering corpse bar there was voiced touts in the audio ambience yelling "Hey you Cutter, want to see a burning corpse?" and similar, also the general hubbub of a busy and chaotic city.

It's something that makes all IE games so charming in general. It has all been completely neglected in modernfag RPG's.

Tyrr

Liturgist
Everyone knows that PF:WoTR has awful writing and atrocious woke BS, but besides OwlCat, there is any studio which din't "fired" Chris Avellone by a merely accusation?
Do we know if the woke stuff came from Owlcat or the source material? Paizo is notoriously woke.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

It's something that makes all IE games so charming in general. It has all been completely neglected in modernfag RPG's.

Most memorable thing playing BG for first time were the crickets leaving Candlekeep.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Most memorable thing playing BG for first time were the crickets leaving Candlekeep.

BG2 also had a lot of impressive ambience around Amn. Waukeen's promenade for instance sounded exactly like a massive urban trade centre should.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

Eh? There's city ambiance, street cries, bar ambiance and bar music, etc., in both Owlcat games, as well as different animal cries (e.g. birds and deer, etc., during the day, mournful owl hoots during the night) in the country. They could probably do with more (and there's more in WOTR than in PFK) and with more of the types of amusing specific comments from street vendors, etc., but it's not like they totally neglected that aspect.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron

Eh? There's city ambiance, street cries, bar ambiance and bar music, etc., in both Owlcat games, as well as different animal cries (e.g. birds and deer, etc., during the day, mournful owl hoots during the night) in the country. They could probably do with more (and there's more in WOTR than in PFK) and with more of the types of amusing specific comments from street vendors, etc., but it's not like they totally neglected that aspect.

Feels a bit "Generic city ambience pack #12" from the asset store.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

*shrug* seems fine to me.

Aarwolf

Learned
I miss birds singing in the wilderness in original Baldur's Gate. I used to play the game all through the night until dawn and the birds ingame mixed with the real birds outside. Magical time, I miss it much.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Wouldn't know since I play with sound down to avoid waking boys. I’m told that voicing is pretty annoying if you turn it up.

Sotomonte

Learned

*shrug* seems fine to me.

Where are the cheeky prostitutes, the limping beggars, the heart-rending cries of some poor victim who has found "something" that has come out of the sewers, the friendly members of the city's thieves' guild ready to offer you some profitable business (or stab you in the back and take all your gold)?... I really miss the nights cities of the BGs series.

Last edited:

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Idk someone mentioned but... This game has nothing to do with Paizo. Like at all

This doesn't surprise me. Owlcat still hasn't gotten out of Russia enough to not be part of the sanctions, at least according to them, which is why they still haven't managed to fulfill the last of the physical kickstarter stuff. They said that the shipping company is in possession of their inventory and is just sitting on it. Paizo probably literally can't deal with them atm.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This doesn't surprise me. Owlcat still hasn't gotten out of Russia enough to not be part of the sanctions, at least according to them, which is why they still haven't managed to fulfill the last of the physical kickstarter stuff. They said that the shipping company is in possession of their inventory and is just sitting on it. Paizo probably literally can't deal with them atm.
They're making Wrath DLC and working on another Pathfinder game. The thing is that Starfinder is trash. :M

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom