Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Infinitron my post contained information about the next Pathfinder game
? They're doing another season pass with three more DLCs.

Seems people have kind of memory holed this? https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1184370/view/3218394291607266174

Its an intriguing enough idea to rope you in and the first couple areas have some of the feel of the Varnhold DLC but the execution isn’t close to there. You don’t get EXP from fighting, suggesting you should be able to bypass fights with skills or whatnot (not true, at all), they revealed that they still have no clue why people were having trouble with swarms in P:K (14 Touch AC and the Bombs that do all of 1d6 are a big production number just to make 3 or 4).

I rolled a Kinnie for that shit but most inexperienced players are going to just get owned *even if they follow the intended play pattern*. Again.

To add insult to injury they added a First Aid Kit requirement for Treat Affliction just in time for the DLC and there’s a grand total of one to be found in the whole DLC.

Sure looks like the intended design is a “living with Disease” attrition mini game.

By the time you get to the graveyard it’s just pathetically mailed in. Repetitive foes that offer no meaningful loot and no experience. Alternative ways of winning fights with clunky UI. Quests without rewards. Promises of Statues that are supposed to zap undead that can’t be activated.

It’s just sad. Got to the Rich Quarter and wasn’t able to force myself to finish it.

Desiderius

Patron
On the other hand they did manage to create a scenario where Divine Zap (only ability in game guaranteed to do at least one damage?) is in fact reasonably solid on half the fights.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Imagine all this space teasing just for them to settle on another Pathfinder adventure path like Iron God (which, admittedly, still have something to do with sci-fi)
Well they're doing both another Pathfinder adventure path and a third person action rpg with cinematic dialogue. :M

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Glad that is not starfinder. Anything is better than this aberration. Hopefully is Iron Gods.

Humbaba

Arcane
ROOOOOOOOGGUUUUEEEE TRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADEEEERRRRRR
letsgooo-letsgo.gif
You joke but imagine if they got their hands on that loicence. The idpolfags would have nothing left to complain about seeing as 40k is idpol free.

jungl

Augur
they could make one of those space simulation games like space rangers. I want them to make one that is actually good to humilate paradox cucks with their bare bone simulation fag games and spite the owlfat pathfinder fans by being too different from autismo build simulators.

Orud

Scholar
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Hopefully no more extended rule shit, like epic or mythic levels. Just give me the basic ruleset.

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Owlcat...

Action RPG...

Third Person...

Sci-Fi...

But not StarFinder...

...My god. Guys, it couldn't be more obvious.

They're going to make the next Mass Effect game!

Is it confirmed that is action crap and third person?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Imagine all this space teasing just for them to settle on another Pathfinder adventure path like Iron God (which, admittedly, still have something to do with sci-fi)
Well they're doing both another Pathfinder adventure path and a third person action rpg with cinematic dialogue. :M

So we can get Rise of the Runelords? Please be 1e, please 1e, please 1e...

Desiderius

Patron
Owlcat...

Action RPG...

Third Person...

Sci-Fi...

But not StarFinder...

...My god. Guys, it couldn't be more obvious.

They're going to make the next Mass Effect game!

The Pozz Singularity

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
Is it confirmed that is action crap and third person?
Yes. https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads...or-their-next-game.143159/page-2#post-7950571

Seems extremely unlikely they're making two sci-fi games on top of Wrathfinder DLC and another Pathfinder installment built with Unreal instead of Unity.

Thanks, Roguey. So, we will be getting another Pathfinder isometric game and this action oriented rpg? That's incredibly good news, then. Didn't know their team is getting that big.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
idn't know their team is getting that big.

Their games sell relatively well and they live in Russia, not in Commiefornia, so they don't need to spend US$300k/year for diversity chief officers.

Wrong country and the diversity chief officers were replaced by every NPC in WotR.

I've heard that they are publishing from Cyprus but most workforce is in Russia. So, they have no need to pay astronomical high wages for a "chief diversity officer". If someone thinks that I"m exaggerating with US$ 300k/year " The average Chief Diversity Officer salary in the United States is $224,500 as of April 26, 2022, but the range typically falls between $193,300 and $271,600." hsource - Salary.com

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom