Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
P.S. Roguey don't overinterpret job ads.

Ah, I see Owlcat uses the same definition of "action rpg" as VD. Defeated again by ESLs.

Its looks like its still on unity engine

Owlcat still has the same artists. A game of theirs is going to look like a game of theirs regardless of engine.

40K is a mixed bag of a setting, but it’s better than Pathfinder and I enjoyed both of those.

Nice surprise that it’s not the First-person perspective we all expected, although a move from Unity to Unreal would have been welcome.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Nice surprise that it’s not the First-person perspective we all expected, although a move from Unity to Unreal would have been welcome.

The job listing said "third-person" not first. I guess pseudo-isometric is technically third-person. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Delterius

Arcane
step 1: pay 100,000 Codex Dollars to insert obnoxious turn based only sci fi dungeon into fantasy crusade game
step 2: wait

image.png

Mauman

Scholar
Huh....and here we thought that their next game was going to be Starfinder (or whatever the sci-fi pathfinder is called).

Harthwain

Magister
I was thinking about how to make a video game about exploring a Space Hulk and the first-person exploration mode came to mind naturally. You can always make combat use a different perspective (if you want turn-based tactical one with multiple combatants), so perspective as such is not much of a limit, depending on how you approach it. What I would like to see is lethal combat with extremely heavy emphasis on being tactical, but I doubt it will go much beyond the usual "XCOM-like" formula.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Koronus expanse is interesting, that's the sector of space FFG got to create for their TT rogue trader adaptation(which has rules for personal combat and ship combat, as well as some basic systems for managing your trader economy). I wonder if this means this is a stealth adaptation of FFG's sourcebooks and systems? I would have assumed not since I think the rights for the FFG books are in a bit of a limbo, but it's weird to set it in the koronus expanse otherwise.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom