Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Saravan

Savant
This is another standard defence mechanism prevalent among retards like yourself. If you have played WotR and dislike it, why would you play it? If you didn't play it and dislike the game, then you don't "know enough" to criticize it.
Okay, name a female character, other than a companion or Areelu Vorlesh that is successful in any meaningful capacity. Name 1 transvestite or minority character that is successful in any meaningful way. Name any man that isn't really successful other than any that are under the direct command of a woman.

I mean, you can call me retarded, but then if I ask you to thoroughly analyze what Baphomet's plan is, you're going to start really thinking, and then you might look real awkward with all those retarded ratings dished out.

Like... you have to imagine that I'm not shy to go back and rate all your dumbfuckery as it should be, right? You are smart enough, because you're smarter than me, right... to realize that I'm baiting you.

I'm not going to participate in your retarded quiz for you to gauge whether I'm "allowed" to criticize the game. You already tried this shit a year ago in the Cringefinder compilation thread to which I categorically disproved your bullshit accusations by posting screens of completing the game.

Just face it, you seem absolutely allergic to questioning WotR by acting like some rabid fanboy.

I give absolutely zero fucks how you rate me, lmao imagine caring about this shit like a little child.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Don't feed the troll.

Feed the faint traces of valid critiques.

The woke stuff does crowd out what would otherwise have been writing better integrated with the setting, gameplay, and meaningful character development. The female characters are especially one-dimensional and forced.

Stat buffs are too prominent and ultimately boring. Buffs should be about properly preparing for specific challenges and should come with difficult trade-offs. Abundant Casting + always good buffs are poor design. The same problem is even more glaring with the HoMM piece.

The Dispel minigame at least makes the game less trivial but that's a low bar, and it's only present in maybe 10% of encounters.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Okay, name a female character, other than a companion or Areelu Vorlesh that is successful in any meaningful capacity.
That's easy. Nocticula. She makes Baphomet her bitch and in most ends, she got a possitive outcome for her.

Last edited:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don't feed the troll.
I can't wait for his interactions with the personality of someone like Pink Eye in 15 - 20 years, or so, and that person coming at him telling him WOTR is the best game ever because of "this and that". And the "this and that" would be my exact arguments. Imagine I'm still here and I can bring in the quotes? Imagine the butthurt?

Saravan

Savant
>i played the game seven times
>oh yeah what happens at the beginning
>i refuse to be interrogated

I played the game once, never stated otherwise. I stopped giving a shit about the story after Wintersun and completely stopped bothering reading in the Abyss. For the past three pages we have been talking about the combat. Please tell me again how accounting for a successful tranny is relevant.

What's the matter, did you suddenly realize "just dispel lmao" isn't the great argument you thought it was?

The_Mask

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
That's easy. Nocticula. She's makes Baphomet her bitch and in most ends, she got a possitive outcome for her.
Yeah, I was actually waiting for that answer, and I have a rebuttal:

- she loses crystals from her realm, which means that by the time she closes traffic, she has lost a significant amount of power
- she tries to cling to the protagonist, with more or less success, because she can't face anyone in 1 on 1 combat, really.

So, in the end, I feel she comes out mostly even, considering. But you know what... ? That would've been his best bet, and he didn't take it.

Saravan

Savant
That's easy. Nocticula. She's makes Baphomet her bitch and in most ends, she got a possitive outcome for her.
Yeah, I was actually waiting for that answer, and I have a rebuttal:

- she loses crystals from her realm, which means that by the time she closes traffic, she has lost a significant amount of power
- she tries to cling to the protagonist, with more or less success, because she can't face anyone in 1 on 1 combat, really.

So, in the end, I feel she comes out mostly even, considering. But you know what... ? That would've been his best bet, and he didn't take it.

Yeah exactly my point. You were baiting for some standard answer so you could showcase your prominent knowledge about successful trannies. Problem is, it has zero relevance to the discussion at hand which was the combat.

What did you think you would achieve with this? That you are an expert on tranny lore?

The_Mask

Patron
You were baiting for some standard answer so you could showcase your prominent knowledge about successful trannies.
Okay, I think you got me here, the creators of this setting never specifically say that she is a woman, because we're discussing aspects of a Demon Lord. But I'm looking at her wiki page and everywhere, and everyone seems to be using "she" and "her", and everyone seems to be reaching the consensus that this Demon Lord's favourite aspect is a female one.

Picture below.

Nocticula.jpg

But, you know what... you're right... Nocticula might be able to change gender at will, so... point for you.

Now... my counter-point would be that as an Outsider he/she doesn't count. Your move. :D

jackofshadows

Magister
This is all "fascinating" but personally I'm excited to see the reaction of DnD fans on this new apparantely non-DnD game. Unclouded perception and all that.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
If is WH40K, will have good spellcasting?

Played : Dark Sun : Shattered Lands/Wake of the Ravager, Ravenloft Strahd possession/Stone prophet, NWN1, NwN2, IWD, IWD2, Menzoberranzan, Dungeon hack, BG1/2/ToB, Eye of The beholder 1/2/3(…) PFKM, PFwotr, as an arcane caster. I have zero interest in playing with other type of class.

Humbaba

Arcane
I mean even Areelu ultimately completely fails. Even in the endings where you don't kill her, she spends the rest of her life in a secluded shithole and dies.

smaug

Secular Koranism with Israeli Characteristics
Patron
Dumbfuck
Insert Title Here
Pathfinder was a dogshit game. The combat seemed similar to the amazing IWD/BG, but the transition to 3.5 E was terrible. Combat is completely braindead, and I couldn't get past more than a few hours of the terrible companions and bland setting. How anyone can enjoy Poncefinder: Cuckmaker, D:OS2, or even BG2, with their amusement park philosophy of game design I'll never understand.
Every IE game and it’s bastard successors are trash.
:balance:

Sarathiour

Cipher
You were baiting for some standard answer so you could showcase your prominent knowledge about successful trannies.
Okay, I think you got me here, the creators of this setting never specifically say that she is a woman, because we're discussing aspects of a Demon Lord. But I'm looking at her wiki page and everywhere, and everyone seems to be using "she" and "her", and everyone seems to be reaching the consensus that this Demon Lord's favourite aspect is a female one.

Picture below.

But, you know what... you're right... Nocticula might be able to change gender at will, so... point for you.

Now... my counter-point would be that as an Outsider he/she doesn't count. Your move. :D

By the way, what the fuck is the difference between an incubus and a succubus if everyone genitalia is liquid ?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom