Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ulfar portrait: https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/news/en/25

ULFAR: THE LONG NIGHT OF THE HUNT​

The enemies of the Imperium are countless and terrifying, but among its defenders there are those who know no fear. Those from whose souls the very capability to sense terror has long been etched away by the sacred gene-seed, exhausting trials, sophisticated hypno-training, decades of rigorous drills, and unshakable devotion to the God-Emperor. Clad in ceramite and adamantium, armed with the finest weapons of Humanity, they march proudly, their massive, genetically enhanced bodies driven by the blood of the Emperor himself. The Space Marines keep their vigil.

The culture, customs, and appearance of the Space Marines vary from Chapter to Chapter. Some brotherhoods are few and little known, others are innumerable and trace their history back to the time of the Great Crusade. But few can compete in glory with the Space Wolves - the furious and proud sons of Leman Russ, bloodthirsty hunters from the Death World Fenris. Just as their ancestors sailed drekkars into the harsh Worldsea to slay krakens and sea dragons, so today they voyage out into the Sea of Stars to make battle against the vile and blasphemous enemies of the Allfather.

Wrathful Ulfar stepped on the hunting path many decades ago, and ever since, a trail of blood has followed in his wake. With triumphant howl, he thunders into every fight without fear - for there is no fear of death for one whose saga will be forever sung with reverence by their brothers in the Hall of the Great Wolf. His violent temper and youthful craving for fame and boasting has not simmered with years of campaigns. His loud laughter instills awe in the hearts of ordinary mortals, and his stern roar wrings horror from his enemies. His memory is as strong as the jaws of a wolf, holding the saga of each battle-brother and his every deed.

But now his brothers are lost. The proud Wolves have not returned from the hunt, and it is not known whether they are alive or feasting with the Allfather in his Hall. But Ulfar will find out, for such is he - unstoppable, stubborn, driven by instinct. If needed, he will sweep across the Koronus Expanse like a bloody blizzard, but he will find his pack. The void will tremble in fright, hearing his mighty battle cry, and will return to the stubborn Ulfar his kin!

For the Allfather!

1000wd.jpg

Vatnik Wumao
The Convictions system is still under development. The beta has a prototype just to taste it
I'm guessing that it's too late in development for such a thing, but... any chance of splitting Hereticus into two distinct paths as to mirror Imperialis vs Benevolentia? It would make more sense to have a proper Chaos-themed conviction path alongside a distinct 'renegade' one that represents a RT who isn't pro-Chaos but who disregards Imperial norms and is overall self-interested in his various pursuits. This could also play nicely into portraying two different possible paths to corruption - proactive fall to Chaos for the boons offered by the Ruinous Powers by following the Chaos-themed conviction path versus a 'quiet fall' over time for those following the renegade one.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
any chance of splitting Hereticus into two distinct paths as to mirror Imperialis vs Benevolentia?
To say again, I would stop assuming that Imperialis/Benevolentia choices keep you safe from being chaospilled. Ideally (IMO) the third conviction would just be pirate/privateer profitmaxxing themed and your heretic points hidden until you "buy in" or fuck up enough.

Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane
The Convictions system is still under development. The beta has a prototype just to taste it
I'm guessing that it's too late in development for such a thing, but... any chance of splitting Hereticus into two distinct paths as to mirror Imperialis vs Benevolentia? It would make more sense to have a proper Chaos-themed conviction path alongside a distinct 'renegade' one that represents a RT who isn't pro-Chaos but who disregards Imperial norms and is overall self-interested in his various pursuits. This could also play nicely into portraying two different possible paths to corruption - proactive fall to Chaos for the boons offered by the Ruinous Powers by following the Chaos-themed conviction path versus a 'quiet fall' over time for those following the renegade one.
"can we have hurr-durr kaos retard and durr-hurr haos retard path?"

Togukawa

Savant
Patron
I didn't like the locked dialog choices in mass effect and I feel iffy about them now.

Content being locked by npcs reacting to your reputation feels a lot more natural.

hayst

Educated
Beta survey was announced in a Steam post. https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2412890/view/3699190964657835090?l=english

BETA survey
Lord Captain!

Another transmission was intercepted by your Vox Master! It says that those Rogue Traders who own the BETA version can already share their impressions of Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader and take part in a survey! Your feedback is very important to us and it can significantly help enhance the game.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CWH7DLW

Please note that the survey will be open until June 15th! Thank you for helping us make the game better!

e766e24ae9a7277cd0adea73a746eaafea572dc9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Currently there is 1 in 1000 chance to win this. And in case you're not interested, you can still win it, and just pass it on to someone else here that does want to play it.

Also... happy birthday, Owlcat.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
This thread is so positive and heartwarming!

It must be purged.
Haha, okay. Then... tell me how you liked the first encounter with the
Chaos Space Marine
after Act I? If you've played the beta already.

Last edited:

Longes

Augur

It must be purged.
Haha, okay. Then... tell me how you liked the first encounter with the (spoiler) Chaos Space Marine after Act I? If you've played the beta already.

Spoiler tags don't work for me for some reason...
It's an interesting encounter. I hope we can become buds with Word Bearers on Hereticus, Word Bearers are cool.

Difficulty level and your build affect it a lot. On Normal it's pretty easy, on Core it's brutal.
Build-wise, an Adept MC can wipe single-target enemies no problem by stacking Insight turn 1, and doing big burst fire turn 2. Idira and Pasqal are bad at this, so if you are not an Adept yourself boss fights get a lot harder.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

It must be purged.
Haha, okay. Then... tell me how you liked the first encounter with the (spoiler) Chaos Space Marine after Act I? If you've played the beta already.

Code:
[spoiler]Insert spoiler here[/spoiler]

Insert spoiler here

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Parks n Rec memes are obvious pandering, Owlcat. I will not paste obvious pandering. I'll let Infinitron do that one.

I'll have you know that it hasn't gone by unnoticed, though.

Last edited:

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/3663162167641475583
Update 0.2.1aj for Rogue Trader beta is live!

f0b3a7d530baf9cba665f66232dabb97389b71bb.jpg

Update 0.2.1aj is live!

Changelog (beware of possible spoilers below!):
  • In some cases the additional portal in Commorragh Arena which allowed players to skip most of the Chapter 3 content, continued to appear - fixed;
  • A new settings slider has been added, allowing to adjust the difficulty of space combat;
  • Fixed an issue, where after entering the zone from the system map, all covers would be shown as destroyed;
  • Fixed an issue, where buttons “Continue game” and “Load game” would sometimes disappear in the main menu;
  • Added a link to the community survey in the main menu.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
First enemy encounter balance change I remember from Kingmaker was act 1 swarm, most of people got filtered by it

I have soon probably finished Rogue Trader beta and Im pretty confused...
its relatively bug free

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer

It must be purged.

It's an interesting encounter. I hope we can become buds with Word Bearers on Hereticus, Word Bearers are cool.
Oh yeah, they're cool. When they are burning in the Emperor's name, hehe
Jokes aside, Chaos Path will give you a lot of... Opportunities
Difficulty level and your build affect it a lot. On Normal it's pretty easy, on Core it's brutal.
Build-wise, an Adept MC can wipe single-target enemies no problem by stacking Insight turn 1, and doing big burst fire turn 2. Idira and Pasqal are bad at this, so if you are not an Adept yourself boss fights get a lot harder.
I played as a fighter and this boss was... challenging on Core. His melta gun gave me a hard time

Joyvankek

Learned

It must be purged.

Oh yeah, they're cool. When they are burning in the Emperor's name, hehe
Jokes aside, Chaos Path will give you a lot of... Opportunities
I played as a fighter and this boss was... challenging on Core. His melta gun gave me a hard time
Yeah fighting him on core was something.
He chewed my tank in like 2 shots. While most of my companions weren't focused enough on AP to make my fight any easier.

I also enjoy voidship combat much more than in Alpha. Though it's a shame that what we have is https://warhammer40k.fandom.com/wiki/Tempest-class_Strike_Frigate, so not even light cruiser as more successful Rogue Trades employ.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

It must be purged.

I was able to beat it first go with a fighter biomancer main. CSM was utterly obliterated by Pascal using a plasma rifle and Argenta bolter bursting. Abelard and my main kept using endure and getting buffed by the Navigator to keep the CSM distracted.

I stacked insight for Pascal against the chaff first up and used his great axe on a horde of enemies. Then focused fired down the CSM.

That combat was the first where I felt I had to actually stretch though. I hope there will be more optional encounters of a harder variety. Honestly the best encounter I've seen so far.

Skorpion

Educated
Pretty sure the QA of the previous titles was done on livestreams by someone that has a hard time with english so a step up!
Now fix the camera/background blocking please. I stopped playing the beta because it was more a time-sink of 'move the camera constantly so I can see whats happening' than a game.

razvedchiki

Magister
the overall performance of the game seems to be a bit better than wrath, loading times are faster but i constantly get stutters/lags especially during cutscenes.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom