Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Skorpion

Educated
My MC is a gun bro (blanking on the class name) alongside Argentina, hail of doom before they can get to us then the fighter does well so YMMV.
Have to say the seneschal is so far my favorite companion though, he's just so imperial I love it! Although just got Pascal and hes catching up on cool factor pretty fast.

Skorpion

Educated
Holy fuck this chaos artifact i jusy picked up is busted 4 wounds 10 toughness and 1 wound healed per level of heretic per turn
Be not tempted my brother for the powers of chaos are ruinous indeed!
dont worry I shall not
Also how do i equip a multimelta? Trying to give argenta some REAL fuck you firepower
I believe you need to pick the skill on level up, could be wrong as Im still getting to grips with the game but yeah I think you need a proficiency for it.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Finished beta content, roughly ~45 hours on normal. Only had one quest bug out, I didn't bother going back through the map to check all the rumors.
Act 3 is brazenly unfinished and shouldn't have been included at this point.

Longes

Augur
Is it just me, or is the alignment scaling really weird? The first choice in the prologue gives +12, and then it's a tiny trickle of +2. I'm finishing the starter system, and I feel like my rating barely budged from the level 1 Imperialis where it started.

I don't really like Abelard, but I'm tempted to keep him around just so I have the "Abelard, introduce us" option every time. It's the best option for saying hi 100% of the time.

Skorpion

Educated
Is it just me, or is the alignment scaling really weird? The first choice in the prologue gives +12, and then it's a tiny trickle of +2. I'm finishing the starter system, and I feel like my rating barely budged from the level 1 Imperialis where it started.

I don't really like Abelard, but I'm tempted to keep him around just so I have the "Abelard, introduce us" option every time. It's the best option for saying hi 100% of the time.
I keep choosing that option also :D

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
You have to create a "control rod" to access her chamber at the Navigator station, you find documents and various items, that seem to be necessary to create the rod and there is a machine which would seem to require you to place the components into various slots, but it is not possible to use, instead you just click on "create control rod and it gets done.

You are able to make at least two groups of consumables using items you find in the area and following the hints found in texts scattered about the place. Nothing very powerful mind you

Saravan

Savant
It's a bit concerning that I'm scrolling through the last few pages and I can't see Desiderius sperging out with 15 posts in a row about his builds. Is the build complexity bad in the beta?

Longes

Augur
It's a bit concerning that I'm scrolling through the last few pages and I can't see Desiderius sperging out with 15 posts in a row about his builds. Is the build complexity bad in the beta?
Kiiiiiinda? A lot of stuff feels like placeholders, and there's some amount of one-true-build-ism going on. There are a lot of active abilities that give you fiddly stat modifiers, but most of them are just not as good as "have Sister Argenta/Marksman MC shoot more".

Adept is a great boss killer if built right, but NPC adepts (Idira and Pasqal) are not built right. Most Adept skills are bugged, and the Good Adept build is putting all your Clues on one mook, killing that mook to quickly stack Insight, and then unloading burst fire into a beefy enemy to get a ton of extra damage from your Insight stacks. Neither Idira nor Pasqal are good at making a lot of small attacks to maximize the Insight benefit.
Leader makes Sister Argent/Marksman MC shoot more, but the class is explicitly tagged as incomplete so nothing much to discuss. Cassia is a Leader, but her Navigator powers are so good that taking Leader perks is a waste. But even at base Leader makes good classes way better, so it's good.
Marksman is good.
Fighter is fine. It's good in the early game, because melee attacks always hit and tend to one-shot enemies, but it drops off in the late game when the enemy armor and parry climb up. Plus the Inquisitor Fighter/Psyker is spread a bit too thin, and Abelard is the Straight Man companion to your wacky cast and thus a bit boring.

Psyker is not a real class, but we can still talk about it - it's very unfinished, and what's there isn't too exciting. The buffs are useful, but right now psykers are firmly stuck in the support role. I mostly just use Idira to give Cassia better stats so she can blow up people with her navigator shit harder.

Last edited:

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
so is it gud?

It's OK for chapter 1

Writing has 0 subtlety on Chaos related thing. And so far writing is relatively drama free. You can order a group of enfoncer to shoot protesting worker in your ship if you want so they doesn't really to railroad shit.

It's a bit concerning that I'm scrolling through the last few pages and I can't see Desiderius sperging out with 15 posts in a row about his builds.

I don't even think he buy this game beta. He bought PF because its DnD 3.75 but he is pretty frontal about how Owlcat sucking and not even fixing some bugs known since release and is adamant of buying this iirc

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Sudden spike in crashes on Kiava Gamma is brutal. I can't finish one fight, game crashes non-stop. I didn't have any performance issues while in alpha, nor in beta (aside from frame drops here and there), but now i hit the wall. I know that I'm not the only one, many people are reporting this issue on discord or reddit.

Owlcat_Eyler
I passed it on to our devs, thank you for noticing!

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Sudden spike in crashes on Kiava Gamma is brutal. I can't finish one fight, game crashes non-stop. I didn't have any performance issues while in alpha, nor in beta (aside from frame drops here and there), but now i hit the wall. I know that I'm not the only one, many people are reporting this issue on discord or reddit.

Owlcat_Eyler
Can you assist us and send files from the folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
It would be very helpful in solving the problem.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Let me ask it like this:

If the writing in Baldur’s Gate 2 made me roll my eyes and restart the game partway through so I could make my own party that would never, ever speak again

If the writing in Wrath of the Righteous made me projectile vomit and throw my hard drive into a bucket of bleach to cleanse it of the taint

If the writing in Fallout 1, Morrowind and Disco Elysium made me smile because it was good

Would I think this game has good writing?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Feels like fighter outperform all Class right now or maybe its bugged or something

The old dude can cover the whole map in 2 turns and kill any high threat ranged enemy

Due to how melee works, they are still the best defense against big melee demons/spawn/alien best anyway

Probably just standard early game martial buffness.

I don't know how the Rogue Trader pnp works, but I'm assuming you'd need to stack on a lot of cybernetics and stuff to be viable as a martial class in late game. Especially when you're competing with space marines and spess elves, etc.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/3685679532815807430
Update 0.2.1ag is live for Rogue Trader Beta

c2850d48bf6238945656343269014b4613df78fd.jpg

Update 0.2.1ag is live for Rogue Trader Beta!

Changelog (Beware of possible spoilers below!):
  • Fixed an issue, where players couldn't start Jae's quest from her dialogue, if they earlier refused to help her on Footfall or chose the "I need to think" dialogue option.
  • Fixed an issue where Ulfar had the voice of Heinrix;
  • It’s no longer possible to start an unfinished dialogue in a secret room on Dargonus;
  • Fixed a dialogue loop in the Arena in Act III, which blocked further progress;
  • In dialogue with Idira on the bridge, some dialogue options appeared incorrectly, blocking access to multiple other dialogue options - fixed;
  • Ram now properly does damage in space combat.

Joyvankek

Learned
You have to create a "control rod" to access her chamber at the Navigator station, you find documents and various items, that seem to be necessary to create the rod and there is a machine which would seem to require you to place the components into various slots, but it is not possible to use, instead you just click on "create control rod and it gets done.

You are able to make at least two groups of consumables using items you find in the area and following the hints found in texts scattered about the place. Nothing very powerful mind you
Huh, I thought it was bugged, since in the papers I just found what exactly was I able to mix. Yet I couldn't put any of these items into the Navis machinery.

Joyvankek

Learned

Owlcat_Eyler
Can you assist us and send files from the folder C:\Users\Username\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
It would be very helpful in solving the problem.
You should tell them to fix Cassia's Spot of Apathy.
If you cast it and send someone on it aoe, that character will be stuck in endless running loop and you will be stuck on his turn.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Let me ask it like this:

If the writing in Baldur’s Gate 2 made me roll my eyes and restart the game partway through so I could make my own party that would never, ever speak again

If the writing in Wrath of the Righteous made me projectile vomit and throw my hard drive into a bucket of bleach to cleanse it of the taint

If the writing in Fallout 1, Morrowind and Disco Elysium made me smile because it was good

Would I think this game has good writing?
I think you should not be playing games with anyone talking. Try Pacman. Or Tetris.

Smashing Axe

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin

Huh, I thought it was bugged, since in the papers I just found what exactly was I able to mix. Yet I couldn't put any of these items into the Navis machinery.
There are at least two recipes which adds confusion. There's also a trash set of ingredients (Or I haven't worked out what to do with them)

You can make six consumables that give poison resistance and another six consumables that give warp damage resistance

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Apparently act 3 has a nasty bug that sends you forward in time?? towards the final dungeon with the captured Farseers which is what happened to me.
Going back through my saves to see exactly what the fuck caused this but I'm fairly certain it's because I went through the wrong portal after the first arena fight, make sure to go back the way you came in if you haven't got there yet.

Joyvankek

Learned
Is there any viable way to counter the dodge stat, other than aoe attacks and psyker powers?
I know some weapons do reduce it, but it seems to do shit when fighting eldars.

Last edited:

Edgetard

Educated
so is it gud?
Depends did you like wotr's mechanics if so youll like this one as its less gay (jae is the biggest offence so far but she can be kept on my ship)
Also its pretty gud on not sodomizing the lore like I expected then again disclaimer ive only just got the xenos companion and havent commited vile heresy with it so dont know how they bridge that nor have I gone down the heretic path so again dont know if they lore rape there
The only thing I can think of is that I can pick up chaos shit and not get mind raped by it

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom