Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
So, no posibility for "Slaanesh corrupted Sister of Battle" subplot? Bummer...

On one hand, I think there's only been one or two cases where a SOB actually fell to chaos corruption. They're supposed to be notoriously incorruptible.

On the other hand, if the game's popular enough there'll be plenty of fetish mods.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

On one hand, I think there's only been one or two cases where a SOB actually fell to chaos corruption. They're supposed to be notoriously incorruptible.

On the other hand, if the game's popular enough there'll be plenty of fetish mods.
Fetish mods are mostly poor quality, besides, Owlcat games are not famous for their modding community.

Let's think for a moment about possibilities - first temptations in the prologue, then rejection of heresy in the first chapter, apparent win then fall in third. All forth chapter as long way to damnation, when former sister destroys everything what she believed.
Killing former friends, overthrowing statues of the false god, hard decisions...and yes, also fetishes for embellishment! Sex is a natural fuel for story with personal conflicts.

Joyvankek

Learned
I wonder how they will work if there is Sisters of Battle player character. Space Nuns are quite fanatical.
Idira and Sister Argenta shit on each other constantly.
There's at least one moment where you have to order Argenta to step back. Otherwise she outright executes Idira.
Or you can do it yourself.

Can we execute Sister Argenta?
So far from what I've seen you can execute/kill:
Henrix The Interogator.
That black criminal lady.(Or brown, I'm not sure here, she looks kind of Spanish to me)
The black, possibly chaos worshipping, pskyer lady with male's haircut.
Eldar female.

Last edited:

Aarwolf

Learned
What is Owlcat Studio stance on the Russo-Ukrainian war? The only Russian that is gonna get my money is one who demonstrated at least lukewarm oposition to the invasion. Sorry for being an asshole about it, I know regular Russian people have no say in these matters but on the other hand it’s their country so they have to be held to some minimal responsibility.
Do you happen to have ukrainian flag in you twatter's profile pic as well?
I don't get it. Yeah I want ziggers to fuck off back to their country, since... you know... my country is next door to ukraine. But what exactly boycotting an unrelated company that's just wanting to make games will achieve is beyond me.
Especially since they pay their taxes in Cyprus, so the new iteration of stalin don't even get any shekels out of it.

Because the ziggers will stay untill they are either removed by force or Russians start rioting. Boycoting their products is way to eventualy get them to riot (after a brief period of rallying around the flag) and every little bit counts.
Funny, that's what people said when the war started and it became cool to hate Russians and boycott their companies.
One year later, and the war is still going on and Putin is still in power. Its almost as if there's a little more to ending a war than not buying video games.
Nobody in their right mind expected it to be over in a year. This is long efford, five more years minimum.

So how's your 3-day special operation, commander Putin?

Apparently, there are many hints that not everything is ok with our dear sister. If you ask Cassia, you may find telling quote about dark colours behind Argenta, same happens when you talk to Idira. And people are wide speculating that
Argenta killed our dear aunt.

La vie sexuelle

Learned

Apparently, there are many hints that not everything is ok with our dear sister. If you ask Cassia, you may find telling quote about dark colours behind Argenta, same happens when you talk to Idira. And people are wide speculating that

Maybe by more of that in full game. Owlcat have grains of greatness, but Twitter and Reddit audience could take them from the right path.

Joyvankek

Learned
What is Owlcat Studio stance on the Russo-Ukrainian war? The only Russian that is gonna get my money is one who demonstrated at least lukewarm oposition to the invasion. Sorry for being an asshole about it, I know regular Russian people have no say in these matters but on the other hand it’s their country so they have to be held to some minimal responsibility.
I don't get it. Yeah I want ziggers to fuck off back to their country, since... you know... my country is next door to ukraine. But what exactly boycotting an unrelated company that's just wanting to make games will achieve is beyond me.
Especially since they pay their taxes in Cyprus, so the new iteration of stalin don't even get any shekels out of it.

Because the ziggers will stay untill they are either removed by force or Russians start rioting. Boycoting their products is way to eventualy get them to riot (after a brief period of rallying around the flag) and every little bit counts.
Funny, that's what people said when the war started and it became cool to hate Russians and boycott their companies.
One year later, and the war is still going on and Putin is still in power. Its almost as if there's a little more to ending a war than not buying video games.
Nobody in their right mind expected it to be over in a year. This is long efford, five more years minimum.

Yup she have problems on her own.
I didn't do her later stage quest yet, but I think there will be more info in there.
Still from what I've gatherer she probably ran from battlefield, or did commit other act of cowardice so it would be nice if chaos characters could corrupt her.
Same with Eldar. Though not sure what that would make her. She couldn't fall to chaos, at least not in conventional way for obvious reasons.

Reinhardt

Arcane
r0g51yz.jpg

Aarwolf

Learned

I didn't do her later stage quest yet, but I think there will be more info in there.
Still from what I've gatherer she probably ran from battlefield, or did commit other act of cowardice so it would be nice if chaos characters could corrupt her.
Same with Eldar. Though not sure what that would make her. She couldn't fall to chaos, at least not in conventional way for obvious reasons.

Nearly everyone have something rotten in their closets:

- Idira is outright heretic and witnessed many Theodora's "adventures" with chaos
- Heinrix is marked by chaos and we can push him towards chaos on Kiava Gamma
- Argenta was involved in some shady operation, where all but herself perished to chaos and she claims she was heavily wounded and that she remembers nothing
- Pasqal was involved with heresy and bid some time on prison planet and later on he lies to you that he don't have the heretic scrap code (you can expose him)
- Cassia is a mutant and has implanted artifact that enables her to control other members of house Orsellio; she has a habit of killing people, but she says she didn't know
- Jae is a smuggler and a pirate of sorts; she hides her past, but she's linked to local mafia; people has datamined that her augments were of drukhari origin
- Yrliet is an outcast and she sells you to dark elves at the end of act 2

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane

- Idira is outright heretic and witnessed many Theodora's "adventures" with chaos
- Argenta was involved in some shady operation, where all but herself perished to chaos and she claims she was heavily wounded and that she remembers nothing
- Pasqal was involved with heresy and bid some time on prison planet and later on he lies to you that he don't have the heretic scrap code (you can expose him)
- Cassia is a mutant and has implanted artifact that enables her to control other members of house Orsellio; she has a habit of killing people, but she says she didn't know
- Jae is a smuggler and a pirate of sorts; she hides her past, but she's linked to local mafia
Sounds like someone's in need a purging.
> Start game
> Immediately kill every companion
> Uninstall the game without comment
> What a chad

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
I've looked a bit at some videos, and it seems the builds here will be extremely limited. 4 classes, leading into 3 prestige classes. Bit unclear to me if the companions have unique classes or if they also use those 7, but even if it's just the pc it's not very impressive, especially since they all seem like combat focused classes.

Longes

Augur
I've looked a bit at some videos, and it seems the builds here will be extremely limited. 4 classes, leading into 3 prestige classes. Bit unclear to me if the companions have unique classes or if they also use those 7, but even if it's just the pc it's not very impressive, especially since they all seem like combat focused classes.
In the full release there are supposed to be three tiers, four doctrines in each.

hayst

Educated
Out of the 7 companions I've used they use the same classes available to the player. Noticed a few unique abilities to specific characters such as an AoE attack for the navigator.

Longes

Augur
Owlcat_Eyler I forgot to bring this up in the survey:

The level-up system needs to take into account previously taken upgrades. Right now if you have two levelups and you take, for example, Biomancy - you can not get any Biomancy powers. They will only appear the third time you'll get a level-up. Basically, ability/talent lists do not get refreshed to consider prerequisites until leveling is fully completed, even if you have multiple levels stockpiled.

Joyvankek

Learned

- Jae is a smuggler and a pirate of sorts; she hides her past, but she's linked to local mafia; people has datamined that her augments were of drukhari origin
Well, Yrliet did exactly what everyone on codex expected her to do. In fact that everyone with half a brain and 2 braincells to rub together in IoM have seen that one coming from a light year away.
Chaos should have option to trade her soul for some useful trinket. Imperialis is still superior path, you can get her to help you kill xenos from her craftworld and then after that you can just execute her on the spot.
Jae... Yeah pretty much expected that, though it's strange that my tech skill check couldn't spot augmentations of xeno origin.

Bohrain

Liturgist
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Game could definitely use a willpower-focused support class. Idira's statline doesn't really fit any of the classes. Pasqal should be a fighter with some int scaling things from his background.
Also fought that one battle against the eldar warlock that has 95% dodge chance. Even with all the buff and debuff stacking in my lineup the best hit chance I got was 45%. He couldn't really hit any of my dudes, so it was like 4 rounds of stacking shit and hoping a hit goes through with minimalistic chances.

Joyvankek

Learned

There are some mentions of Eldar either worshipping or tainted by chaos in the lore, some fairly fresh.
Eldars always were a bunch of degenerates. In fact warp is in such a sorry state thanks to them. So again they are not only corrupted, they are the very source of certain type of corruption.
Well... I'm giving them too much credit here. Eldars were the final nail in Realm of Souls' coffin, after what Old Ones and Necrons did with the place.

They were creating Gods as tools until they fucked up(literally), and created the very God/ess that ate around 90% of their kin. In fact those who survived. Now they're either go full degenerates to replenish their souls with pain and suffering of others, since Slaanesh is constantly draining their souls. Or go for the paths approach so they don't get too much of hard on, which would attract the unwanted attention.
Now you're telling me, that some of them are mad enough to worship chaos, and not getting instantly eaten by Slaanesh? How does that work in their very special case?
Is this yet another case of GW having no idea what they're doing with the lore?

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom