Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

ArchAngel

Arcane
From an immersion point of view, they should be denied that prior knowledge.
This is purely marketing. It's not like their sexuality and relationship status is right there on the character screen in-game. Don't want spoilers? Don't pay attention to the marketing, same as always. They're putting this information out there because there's a demand for it.
And they ignored all straight men wanting action with the Sister but put in globohomo shit with neutral body types?! Neither has a place in WK40K cRPG unless we are playing Slanesh cultists from the start.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Fuck the owlcuck rats who fled their nation to set up a sketchy money laundering operation in Cyprus. Cyprus officials should deport them back to Russia to be shipped to the front lines.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Everyone pirate this game don't give a cent to those hashish dealing ruskies.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
i'm not playing some chaos spawn.
1699277386250.png

Shaki

Arbiter
This is purely marketing. It's not like their sexuality and relationship status is right there on the character screen in-game. Don't want spoilers? Don't pay attention to the marketing, same as always. They're putting this information out there because there's a demand for it.
And they ignored all straight men wanting action with the Sister but put in globohomo shit with neutral body types?! Neither has a place in WK40K cRPG unless we are playing Slanesh cultists from the start.
I mean, Sororitas aren't celibate in canon, they can have relationships and fuck, (Also didn't they basically start as Vandire's enforcers + private whores?) so it technically does have a place in WH40k, as much as any other romance. That being said, no romance really has a place in the universe, because this is not the setting suited for this kind of story, it's about simping for the Emperor, not simping for thots.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I mean, Sororitas aren't celibate in canon, they can have relationships and fuck, (Also didn't they basically start as Vandire's enforcers + private whores?) so it technically does have a place in WH40k, as much as any other romance. That being said, no romance really has a place in the universe, because this is not the setting suited for this kind of story, it's about simping for the Emperor, not simping for thots.
Fuck the Emperor, I am simping for Salamanders.

Harthwain

Magister
since this isn't an actual dating sim where every character is on the table, people like knowing up front "Should I try to pursue this character?"
Sure, but that's not what Lacrymas is saying. He's trying to put an equals sign between developers informing players about potential romanceable characters and "owing the knowledge of your sexuality to anybody". Which is a retarded statement when you consider there are laws in place that protect much more than just your gender or sexual preferences in real life. "Invading a person's privacy"? We're talking about NPCs here. In the Imperium of Man. Don't expect something like privacy there, because the whole of Imperium of Man is a giant police state (if only because the people in power realize they need to watch out for enemies within as much as for enemies without).

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
since this isn't an actual dating sim where every character is on the table, people like knowing up front "Should I try to pursue this character?"
Sure, but that's not what Lacrymas is saying. He's trying to put an equals sign between developers informing players about potential romanceable characters and "owing the knowledge of your sexuality to anybody". Which is a retarded statement when you consider there are laws in place that protect much more than just your gender or sexual preferences in real life. "Invading a person's privacy"? We're talking about NPCs here. In the Imperium of Man. Don't expect something like privacy there, because the whole of Imperium of Man is a giant police state (if only because the people in power realize they need to watch out for enemies within as much as for enemies without).
Are they trying to imply that this information has been discovered through illicit/clandestine methods because it's the Imperium of Man or are they telling you, the player, who you can stick your dick in? I'll accept the former if stated in-game, but the latter is a bit gross from where I'm standing. There's sex-obsessed and then there's invasive listing of a character's intimate/inner world like an inventory check.

Gahbreeil

Learned
I was about to say "Do you people remember PoE? This game makes me feel like the past mattered to someone and now there is a new hope. And I am not a Warhammer person."...

Meanwhile, turn-based combat. :( Thankfully, BG3 got me used to turn-based RPGs at least a bit. Still, looks like that Lamplighters League game published by PI. :( Well, the character creation looks rather well-crafted.

Reinhardt

Arcane
So you aren't doing a Hereticus playthought? :M
is it not the only available playthrough now?
I guess we can play as a straight Imperium fanatic and the game would often consider it evil like in the WotR. Reddit SJW morality would be yellow axis like Azata playthrough in the WotR and Heretic axis is obvious.
snapshot.jpg
how can you be straight imperium fanatic if you are body type xxx chaos mutant?

Lamiosa

Educated
Some interesting equipments just showed on Werglia's stream. Combat in unfair is tense, but I like it, noticeable incline from wrath. Maybe I'll try unfair first playthrough.

Untitled.png

Harthwain

Magister
Are they trying to imply [...]
They aren't implying anything. Implying means a suggestion. You don't suggest anything when you're being direct.

There's sex-obsessed and then there's invasive listing of a character's intimate/inner world like an inventory check.
I would wager that "sex-obsessed" sites do indeed have such listings.

Lamiosa

Educated
Combat in unfair is tense, but I like it, noticeable incline from wrath.

Is Unfair just stat bloat? I doubt the encounter design is different.
Kinda, but that forces you to use good tactics and plan your builds properly. Using the battle map is really important too: considering cover, using spells that make enemies move (provoking attacks of opportunity, moving them to traps, etc.). Some fights you have to turtle, others you go all in, try to kill the weak ones to get momentum or rush the higher threat, etc. I feel it works better than pathfinder, due to the mechanics being designed from zero for a pc game. It feels less like a numbers stacking game and more like a tactics and build planning one. Obviously not for everyone though.

Vasya

Novice
Kinda, but that forces you to use good tactics and plan your builds properly.
You mean forces you to save in combat every turn and reload 100 times waiting for enemy to miss with certain ability? That's my impression from Werglia's fight with chaos marine. I don't like his builds, but I doubt it will make much difference at that level.

Nm6k

Scholar
So you aren't doing a Hereticus playthought? :M
is it not the only available playthrough now?
I guess we can play as a straight Imperium fanatic and the game would often consider it evil like in the WotR. Reddit SJW morality would be yellow axis like Azata playthrough in the WotR and Heretic axis is obvious.
snapshot.jpg
Ehh so far at least in the beta it's a mix of making pragmatic choices for the greater good (Launching a exterminatus against a planet that's about to turn into a demon world) and being a asshole (Shooting someone for telling you info they were not supposed to after you a Rouge Trader talked them into it). Also fun stuff like blowing up a big new hole in
Commorragh
It's only the hereticus choices that are full 100% evil asshole

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom