Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Lamiosa

Educated
Kinda, but that forces you to use good tactics and plan your builds properly.
You mean forces you to save in combat every turn and reload 100 times waiting for enemy to miss with certain ability? That's my impression from Werglia's fight with chaos marine. I don't like his builds, but I doubt it will make much difference at that level.
Yeah that fight should definitely be nerfed, Werglia agreed about that too. At least the sniper should be a lot weaker. But most fights took 2 or 3 tries max for him, and for me that's reasonable for the hardest difficulty of a game like this, especially one with chance to hit/skill saves.

CaesarCzech

Scholar
since this isn't an actual dating sim where every character is on the table, people like knowing up front "Should I try to pursue this character?"
From an immersion point of view, they should be denied that prior knowledge.
Sure, but that's not what Lacrymas is saying. He's trying to put an equals sign between developers informing players about potential romanceable characters and "owing the knowledge of your sexuality to anybody". Which is a retarded statement when you consider there are laws in place that protect much more than just your gender or sexual preferences in real life. "Invading a person's privacy"? We're talking about NPCs here. In the Imperium of Man. Don't expect something like privacy there, because the whole of Imperium of Man is a giant police state (if only because the people in power realize they need to watch out for enemies within as much as for enemies without).
Are they trying to imply that this information has been discovered through illicit/clandestine methods because it's the Imperium of Man or are they telling you, the player, who you can stick your dick in? I'll accept the former if stated in-game, but the latter is a bit gross from where I'm standing. There's sex-obsessed and then there's invasive listing of a character's intimate/inner world like an inventory check.

Begone Foul Demon. Or in language that you will Understand. Fuck Off Faggot. :M:M

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I may be in the minority here, but I'm willing to give the game a lot of points if the ship building/customization is top notch. I love me building my own engine of space domination. :D

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
You can build the ship, but can you romance it?

Makes sense that if you build a voidship, it's to fill a void, isn't it? wink wink

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
You can build the ship, but can you romance it?

Makes sense that if you build a voidship, it's to fill a void, isn't it? wink wink

-Techpriesting intensifies-

I guess I can repost this work of art:
1699402471653.png

Last edited:

CaesarCzech

Scholar
Owlcat_Eyler question regarding Win 10. Is it hard requirement or is just that you dont Guarantee it will work ? i tend to like my Win 7 and basically only use Win 10 for games like Jagged Alliance 3 that have no working bypass for Win 7.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Is it hard requirement or is just that you dont Guarantee it will work ? i tend to like my Win 7 and basically only use Win 10 for games like Jagged Alliance 3 that have no working bypass for Win 7.

The beta at least in my pc worked fine in my Linux with Proton. You could try it. Some old gamess like Jade empire, I can't run in M$ bloatware but can run in Linux. Jagged Alliance 3 is platinum in protondb > https://www.protondb.com/app/1084160

Rogue trader is also platinum in Linux : https://www.protondb.com/app/2186680

ChildInTime

Savant
Owlcat_Eyler question regarding Win 10. Is it hard requirement or is just that you dont Guarantee it will work ? i tend to like my Win 7 and basically only use Win 10 for games like Jagged Alliance 3 that have no working bypass for Win 7.
Our programmers say that it should run just fine. But no guarantees
Should've sided with normal people, shill.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Some interesting equipments just showed on Werglia's stream. Combat in unfair is tense, but I like it, noticeable incline from wrath. Maybe I'll try unfair first playthrough.

Untitled.png
I am way more worried about stuff like this than body type. Equipment with random magical effects is not very 40k.
None of the pnp's had anything like this.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
Some interesting equipments just showed on Werglia's stream. Combat in unfair is tense, but I like it, noticeable incline from wrath. Maybe I'll try unfair first playthrough.

Untitled.png
I am way more worried about stuff like this than body type. Equipment with random magical effects is not very 40k.
None of the pnp's had anything like this.
Notice how the left boots have a wrong cargo categorie. Willing to bet this will not going to be fixed upon release, and for a year after it.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
>Body of flames: The psyker gains +(8*Psy Rating)% additional armor against fire damage.
>Death World characters take Toughness less damage from fire damage effects.
sF22Lv0.jpg

It's time for my Warrior/Assassin Pyromancer
dragons-dogma-capcom.gif

CaesarCzech

Scholar
>Body of flames: The psyker gains +(8*Psy Rating)% additional armor against fire damage.
sF22Lv0.jpg

dragons-dogma-capcom.gif

If there is equipment with fire resistance that stacks you might make baneling Jihadi.

lightbane

Arcane

sF22Lv0.jpg

dragons-dogma-capcom.gif

If there is equipment with fire resistance that stacks you might make baneling Jihadi.
That's oddly specific, as Deathworlds can be frozen wastes too. But clearly they're going for a gamey pyromancer route, totally. There is fire resistance in all pnp games, so this will be here as well. So far, it seems some of the pnp was changed for balance reasons, but there are also new gear that is quite gamey, like the ones that give a minimal boost in specific circumstances. Oh well, you won't have to worry about hoarding 100 lasguns all to craft an uber-gun, as you could just buy a master-crafted gun instead.
Hopefully.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Did anyone happen to extract the avatars from the beta? Looks like they changed or removed a few.

Vasya

Novice
sF22Lv0.jpg

dragons-dogma-capcom.gif
Forge world also gets deflection for fire damage.
Burning damage is 10 per tick, so you probably won't need Body of flames.

This is how much damage burning deals to slightly tanky fodder:
7xOozIC.jpeg

so it may not be worth it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom