Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
What else could you strive for
Breaking the meta. Enjoying process of mastery itself. Groking the intent of the designer. RPing. A lot of things.
== Having fun.
Desi has evolved beyond such plebeian concepts such as "fun".

Why strive for fun when you can run the same sections of a game ad infinitum in pursuit of perfection, never actually completing any game as you pierce to its heart and drain its essence?

Fun? Pfeh!

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
That *is* fun.

They’re not the same if you’re playing them a different way with different characters.

It’s like when Ice Age came out and I was the only one running Necropotence and everyone was giving me shit for it. I was playing a different game.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
It’s like when Ice Age came out and I was the only one running Necropotence and everyone was giving me shit for it. I was playing a different game.

I was scanning my memory for a game called Ice Age when I realized you were talking about OG MtG.

Brah, that was almost 30 years ago. You have a pretty good memory.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

I was scanning my memory for a game called Ice Age when I realized you were talking about OG MtG.

Brah, that was almost 30 years ago. You have a pretty good memory.
(I found Robinette’s speck 15 years before that)

Squats keep the mind sharp. Tricks the body into thinking it’s still growing. This mind was never all that sharp to begin with though, so it needs the help. That early Necro deck had Oath of Lim-Dul and Sunstone in it.

I’ve been doing the same thing with games ever since, so it serves as both a good example and a window into how much practice I’ve built up with it.

The ironic thing is that the meta can now be broken by simply playing the game as designed instead of chasing the weird tricks (as I myself spent a year and a half doing).

Last edited:
I have beta access to this game but haven't played it. Should I do it or wait for the final release? How "content-complete" is the beta?

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
I have beta access to this game but haven't played it. Should I do it or wait for the final release? How "content-complete" is the beta?

dude game is out in a month, just wait. Chapter 4 and 5 was clearly unfinished in Beta so you are prolly talking about 60 - 70% done.

But they seemed to develop a lot on mechanic side from the Beta (which doesnt get updated) so just wait

dude game is out in a month, just wait. Chapter 4 and 5 was clearly unfinished in Beta so you are prolly talking about 60 - 70% done.

But they seemed to develop a lot on mechanic side from the Beta (which doesnt get updated) so just wait
Okay, i'll play more Wrathfinder instead in the meantime.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
As far as I know, there's no viable unarmed build in the game (can you even unequip all weapons and attack with fists?). But Argenta is literally a space nun.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Ulfar got reworked:
XPqpjr9.png
qNGU3VK.png
n5WcSLK.png

Probably a response to how viciously he outclassed Abelard and how stupidly OP his 0 AP cost knife was paired with Warrior's momentum ability.

*Idira and Jae still have their shitbuilds though, lol.

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
The best way to balance a Space Wolf is to have them be nigh-invincible, but get infested with fleas every once in a while.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Here's Marazhai:
xpcTWCs.png

They gave him some meme pinball build where he has several different charge attacks and some bonuses to DoT effects, Wergila insists he's good though.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
S: Argenta.
A: Yrliet (Your mileage and tolerance for Eldar horseshit may vary)
B(ro): Abelard, Pasqual, Heinrix.
F: Everyone else.
Nice. Happy to see Marazhai rated F for fucker. I still regret not killing Woljif on my first Wrath playthrough. Maybe this time I'll be able to compensate for that.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom