Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader Pre-Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The sticking point is "men"-at-arms.
Yep. And it's not just a trick or technicality to circumvent the ban. It's intended by the originator of the ban (Thor).

Yeah, Frateris Milita has always been legal - the thing is that it is not a standing army but a militia mobilised ad hoc when needed. And Sororitas are women at arms so its all cool. There is an illegal sect called Temple Tendency (basically Goge Vandire era Ecclesiarchy oppossed to reforms of Sebastian Thor that survives to this day in secrecy, it was featured in the Disciples of Dark Gods supplement of Dark Heresy) which actually maintains a standing army based on the model of Frateris Templars (which used to be official army of the Ecclesiarchy during the Age of Apostasy).

Vermillion

Educated

thinking.png

https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/news/en/9

HOW TO: IMPERIAL CREED​

While he walked among His people, the Emperor denied His own divinity, yet His final, eternal sacrifice and interment upon the Golden Throne served to prove His godhood to the bereaved masses. Eventually, the Emperor came to be worshipped by a staggering array of different groups, often possessed of highly divergent ideas regarding His life, death, and continued existence. It must be noted that seeds of this religion were sown by those who are now viewed as heretics of the highest order by the Imperium - the ultimate irony of the Imperial Creed.

It was perhaps inevitable that conflict should ensue between the divergent sects, but within a thousand years of the Emperor’s ascension, one had risen above them all. The Ecclesiarchy achieved dominance by a process of absorbing other groups, adapting doctrines, and forging links in order to make it appear they had been there all along - though the roots of their beliefs still go back to the time when even a mention of the Emperor’s divinity was prosecuted in a brutal fashion.

01.jpg

In the 41st Millennium, the Ecclesiarchy (known officially as the Adeptus Ministorum) holds sway over the hearts of all but a few of the Emperor’s subjects. It is a galaxy-spanning order based on Terra that holds a strong grip on the minds of the whole of Humanity - something the architects of the Imperial Creed could only have dreamed of before being cast out into the shadows.

Yet despite its deep-set roots and overbearing presence in the Imperium, the Adeptus Ministorum must constantly assert itself against those who would threaten or challenge its sanctity. Uprisings of the faithless are a constant scourge, as are traitor and xenos incursions onto shrine worlds. And when such hostilities pose a significant threat, the Ministorum deploys the Adepta Sororitas to eradicate the enemies of the faith. Without hesitation or mercy, they administer the wrath of the Ecclesiarchy to the enemies of Mankind, and by their deeds are malefic cabals of psykers, heretics, and mutants scoured from existence.

02.jpg

The Adepta Sororitas track their lineage back to the small cult known as the Daughters of the Emperor, members of which were entirely devoted to worship of the Emperor and maintaining inner purity. They studied the ancient arts of war, clearing their minds of worldly considerations in order to hone their battle skills over the course of a lifetime. They are both an obdurate military force and a beacon of faith, and with unflinching might, they crush all who oppose the will of the Ecclesiarchy or the sanctity of the Emperor’s domain. Where the Daughters of the Emperor formed but a single sect, the Adepta Sororitas comprise multiple Orders scattered across the galaxy, allowing them to combat threats to the faith wherever they arise.

The most widely known Orders of the Adepta Sororitas are the Orders Militant, also known as the Sisters of Battle. The warriors amongst their ranks dedicate themselves to achieving purity of spirit through martial perfection and follow the most stringent training regimes and doctrines. The number of Sisters who compose the Orders Militant pales in comparison to the sheer scale of soldiery wielded by the Astra Militarum, but the Adepta Sororitas boasts a degree of elite martial prowess that is almost unmatched amongst the Imperial Guard.

Alongside the Orders Militant are manifold non-militant Orders. Their duties include the provision of medical care both on and off the battlefield, interpretation of holy texts and cryptic xenos communiqués, as well as instructing the Imperium’s ruling elite in the correct implementation and practice of the Imperial Creed.

All in all, Sororitas, be they from Militant Orders or not, play a significant role in the life of the Imperium. We can not wait to introduce you to the one present in the Rogue Trader.

P.S. Not only will you meet her soon, but the servants of the Ruinous Powers are also waiting for their turn to burst into reality. Warriors of ancient age, coming to take what is theirs by birthright.

03.jpg

Here's the spoiler: Owlcat did all their research on 1d4chan, the sister of battle will not be a real SoB at all but instead a secret Khornate/undivided cultist and can only be recruited if you prove yourself a powerful warrior. Incidentally, this allows us to reach our cannibal romance quota. Now before you question the Tzeentchian tactics at play here: Devs don't care, even Azariah Kyras praised the blood god in the end.

Sarathiour

Cipher
There seems to be some leeway to that ban (i.e., regarding small bodyguard, internal "police" forces, and paramilitary/militias), but the above quoted text doesn't even deal with those... ? If I didn't skip something by accident it covers mostly the Adepta Sororitas.

I'm surprised that they talk about the daughter of the emperor, but not why they are the only allowed military force of the Ecclesiarchy, hence my question about the lore nowadays.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Before I start following this thread to keep up with the development of this game I need to know if even here I'll be pestered by Desiderius posting 82 screenshots of his combat log every two pages or so.
In the grim darkness of Owlcat threads, there is only Desiderius.
Even more so when he still had the lengthier ignore list. Pretty sure the threads on Desi's browser looked like him having PMs with Haplo, maybe Daidre. :lol:

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
It was implied on the devs discord:

“You see outcasts. Scum. The filth of humanity. Nothing to work with, just a prey to hunt upon. You are wrong. True Gods can embrace them, make them something bigger, something holy. I will turn them into the most useful and dangerous thing in the galaxy. Into believers.”

Quote for the second picture
“Some of them even made their first steps. Rebelled against the corpse Emperor, and tried to break the shackles of the False God. They shall be the backbone of my flock. A tide that will crush anything under my command. Chaos Gods will it, and I’m nothing but their true servant”

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom