Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Lemming42

Arcane
This game is simultaneously making me think "maybe I should give the Pathfinder games another chance, this game's okay and it's basically the same" and "oh, fuck, this game's reminding me of Pathfinder, I fucking hate Pathfinder". Not sure what that means but it feels like my brain is suggesting two entirely contradictory responses to the game at the same time.

GloomFrost

Arcane
This game is simultaneously making me think "maybe I should give the Pathfinder games another chance, this game's okay and it's basically the same" and "oh, fuck, this game's reminding me of Pathfinder, I fucking hate Pathfinder". Not sure what that means but it feels like my brain is suggesting two entirely contradictory responses to the game at the same time.
While it certainly is very similar to Pathfinder in many aspects but it is also more, so much more. It would simply be just silly to miss out on this gem because of some Pathfinder resemblances.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
I hear that this thing doesn't have an option to automatically level your companions, which is concerning because both Pathfinder games had this, and it is quite exhausting to make a bunch of comparison-decisions for half a dozen or more people. Something worth patching in later
They also didn't included a Auto stop mechanic when you find a trap unlike Pathfinder.

Sentinel

Arcane
NyFY01.jpg

Is the 17 the difficulty class of the check?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
I hear that this thing doesn't have an option to automatically level your companions, which is concerning because both Pathfinder games had this, and it is quite exhausting to make a bunch of comparison-decisions for half a dozen or more people. Something worth patching in later
They also didn't included a Auto stop mechanic when you find a trap unlike Pathfinder.
It's actually in the options.

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
So, how shit is this?
Well you look at character builidng screen for 30+ minutes, split between two classes, and then you need to run to the toilet because of "not prostate".

Male portraits are shit.

Vasya

Novice
90% is max reduction from armor. I hoped for at least 95. Deflection is applied before %. I guess tanking is not an option.

4gsaUDw.jpeg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I know it's frowned upon (apparently), but the combat feels like nuXcom. Sure, since it uses an AP system, you could argue it's much more in line with Phoenix Point which is a combo of the two. Then why can't I fire more than once per turn? I can see the AP cost, why I can't spend that AP? So it's basically the move-and-shoot thing from nuXcom, even if it uses action points. I'm a bit confused here.

Shaki

Arbiter
WLTAhKS.png

Ohoho, here we go. Fancy me, do you?

Too bad, Mr. Fucking Haircut. I don't like you and you won't be in my party from here onwards. Enjoy festering in the corner of the bridge, pup.
Bear Gay 3 gave you PTSD my dude, the inquisitor is not a fag, only male gay romance is with the dark eldar, which actually is pretty fitting

Trithne

Erudite
Haven't got the game yet but character building seems a little boring and uninspired compared to pathfinder from what I've seen. Clearly 2 officers is optimal and there's not that much interesting stuff to play around with
Curious. Never played the setting before, and I have leveled up twice now. Is it more to the leveling or is it one pick per level? The first time I leved up and got a stat pick, but the next time the game seemed to pick the ability for me. Is that how it works? Do I get to experiment a bit further on or something?

Every spoke on the wheel has different things. You can check ahead by clicking the circles and seeing what it says, but the first 5 levels of an archetype are usually preset core features of that archetype, then after that it branches out into picking talents you want.

NyFY01.jpg

Is the 17 the difficulty class of the check?

17 is what you rolled. 85 was the difficulty, in that you needed to roll under that value. RTs system is "roll under your character's relevant stat, modified by variables, on a d100". It makes it easy to see the success chance on the tabletop, since you just do a little math and work out a fallout-style target number.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
First they made it so I couldnt play coop because my friend had deluxe and I didnt

Now they're making me reinstall the entire game again for no reason. Fucking owlcat wasting hours of our time two days in a row.

My hate for russia is reaching a nuclear peak

You cant even just disable the dlc because if they chose the DLC ship there's no way to revert it so you have to just restart and make a brand new playthrough

Update: ok it may have been steams fault, it was trying to install it on E drive when I had it on B drive. I'm still mad about the DLC ship though

Last edited:

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Yea owlcat what's with the idea that both people needs some DLC for playing coop? You disable DLC and let them play. Auto disable stuff that's incompatible...

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
So I am stuck at the end of Chapter 1, the Boss does not spawn. I'm getting my Kingmaker PTSD triggered again.

Owlcat_Eyler Are you guys able to fix a save right before heading back to the landing pad in after fighting Aurora?
The only one good way to know that is to send a bug report

I already sent it, there have been reports about this since january on reddit. What is your average response time?

I got the game on GoG I can still return it, I would rather not but I am not willing to wait weeks until you got your bugtracker unclogged. (I worked in QA I can imagine there is a lot right now)
tnx, I'll try to look for your report manually and pass it on to QA team later. But I'm not sure about save fixing :/

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom