Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

REhorror

Educated
Is this or Baldurs Gay 3 a better game? I am tired of managing my inventory of rotted mushrooms and hunks of yak cheese, balls of yarn etc.. in Baldurs Gay 3'...is this a better experience or do you also end up with useless inventory overload BS, looting rotted tree stumps for alien rot worms etc?

So bored of the inventory management in Baldurs gay 3, not sure I can finish the game.....How is this game overall, less tedious?
Unfortunately this game has a VERY basic bitch inventory system very messy, you can sort it by newest or type, but the best thing to do is remembering how the item is called so you can literally search for it (there's a search box).

Is this or Baldurs Gay 3 a better game? I am tired of managing my inventory of rotted mushrooms and hunks of yak cheese, balls of yarn etc.. in Baldurs Gay 3'...is this a better experience or do you also end up with useless inventory overload BS, looting rotted tree stumps for alien rot worms etc?

So bored of the inventory management in Baldurs gay 3, not sure I can finish the game.....How is this game overall, less tedious?
Unfortunately this game has a VERY basic bitch inventory system very messy, you can sort it by newest or type, but the best thing to do is remembering how the item is called so you can literally search for it (there's a search box).
is there endless crap you need to horde? Do you become like a walking/flying dollar store in space with all sorts crap you need to hoover up because you never know if you might need it or how many you might need 44 hours of game play down the the line?

ArchAngel

Arcane

is there endless crap you need to horde? Do you become like a walking/flying dollar store in space with all sorts crap you need to hoover up because you never know if you might need it or how many you might need 44 hours of game play down the the line?
No. All trash items go automatically into your ship's cargo hold and are automatically sorted into groups. Then later you bulk trade whole groups for special items. It is one of the better inventory systems. And you can also send all extra weapons, armor and other body items into cargo to bulk trade it later

TheDarkUrge

Educated
Whose dick do I have to suck to get them to fix
uralon the CSM
already. He literally doesnt work at all in act 5 :negative:

notpl

Arbiter
Whose dick do I have to suck to get them to fix
uralon the CSM
already. He literally doesnt work at all in act 5 :negative:
Hey, cut them some slack: they're still working on chapter 4 of the game they released a month and a half ago and charged people money for. Chapter 5 is going to have to wait.

Harthwain

Magister
Heretic does not mean Chaos
Except in games. In games heresy or heretic is always connected to Chaos. Even in Rogue Trader Heretical options are strictly related to Chaos, not just breaking away from the dogma.

I do not know how Heretic playthrough works but Dogmatic has shown all cultists being straight evil or crazy.
Again, depends on whether we're talking about games or lore. In games the knowledge of Chaos seems to be pretty much in the open. In lore not so much. Also, how the cultists operate is going to vary as well. I doubt you will see a depiction like "The Enemy Within" by Richard Lee Byers, where the cult is shown as almost sympathetic and does a good job of warping the perception of people involved in it. It may even start innocently: from trying to improve agrocultural output to turning people into literal human furniture, just because it's so exquisite.

But in a game where combat is the main dish (pretty much all WH40K games, if I am not mistaken) you shouldn't expect a lot of nuance. Which is sad, considering this is an RPG and it totally COULD go that route (going undercover, for example. Something Dark Heresy RPG is very well suited for). Frankly, I wouldn't mind Warhammer (either Dark Fantasy or 40K) in the vein of Waiting For The Raven (a spy-/conspiracy-like game).

Also so far no attempts to present good sides of Khorne (like honor) or Nurgle (no pain) that are used to lure common people into the fold.
I think there is one instance in Eisenhorn books. One noble goes Chaos because he was getting a kick from fighting in the area and accepted a special token from one of his more worthy opponents (a Khorne worshipper, in one of his many forms, if I am not mistaken). From that point on it goes downhill, obviously.

You can put useless (outdated) inventory as cargo to clean it up (and sell it for reputation to factions). You do get some medpacks, stims and throwables in addition to weapon, armour and lore-/story-related items. There is no crafting as such, except some environmental puzzles here and there that are more or less obvious.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
RE, all Eldar should die, but murderfucking a bunch of kids and grandparents to death you you can hang out with the Krab Klaw Kunts and grow lots of apples is Heresy Extremis and can only be flamer with extreme prejudice….

That dopey governor should have known better, and if she didn’t she deserves ventilation for being such a dope. Plus she’s a closet dyke most likely.

The Emperor does not approve.

It's a bit sad because if you don't kill her immediately and talk a bit, she's just on the verge of coming out of mind control and realizing, with horror, what she's done (and then doodah kills her). OTOH maybe that's for the best :(

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Reinhardt

Arcane
There is none of these duped to become a cultist types.
nigger, literally first chapter prison world. reminder that it all started from 3 meals a day.
and that's why if you have only one bullet left you shoot iconoclast first. and then beat heretic with butt of your rifle.

Reinhardt

Arcane
dogmatic is the ONLY way. on janos you kill all xenos, purge governor and her cultists AND execute rebels. mercy is not an option. feels good to be good.

REhorror

Educated
dogmatic is the ONLY way. on janos you kill all xenos, purge governor and her cultists AND execute rebels. mercy is not an option. feels good to be good.
I kneel....
I still keep the xeno pets under the mighty rule of humanity, let's wait for the ending slides.

jf8350143

Liturgist

In RT your inventory is made up entirely by all kinds of equipments. No random junk allowed. Still there are so many equipments in the game it turns into a mess in the late game anyway, unless you throw everything you don't use away.

REhorror

Educated
RE, all Eldar should die, but murderfucking a bunch of kids and grandparents to death you you can hang out with the Krab Klaw Kunts and grow lots of apples is Heresy Extremis and can only be flamer with extreme prejudice….

That dopey governor should have known better, and if she didn’t she deserves ventilation for being such a dope. Plus she’s a closet dyke most likely.

It's a bit sad because if you don't kill her immediately and talk a bit, she's just on the verge of coming out of mind control and realizing, with horror, what she's done (and then doodah kills her). OTOH maybe that's for the best :(
I've made every unknowingly Chaotic characters redeemed themselves a bit before their big death.
Even Caligos LOL, he even tried to say nuuu I'm not dead yet, and I'm like "no, you rest now".

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In

I've made every unknowingly Chaotic characters redeemed themselves a bit before their big death.
Even Caligos LOL, he even tried to say nuuu I'm not dead yet, and I'm like "no, you rest now".

Speaking of Calligos, I was glad of the opportunity to get rid of him. Not that I hated him, but I always suspected there was something off with him and the big guy. The way it started, communicating with his vox guy on the ship, I had a mustachio-twirling moment when I realized I could probably kill him on the planet and nobody would be any the wiser (in fact it seemed like his vox guy was subtly egging me on to doing that, since Calligos was obviously neglecting his demesne, and wiser heads among his people must have been sick of it). I though there would be more responsiveness from the game to that decision, but it seems that there's just a fight between his heirs. Bit disappointing. At least it gets them out of my hair, and I get another planet out of it (eventually, after the game lol).

REhorror

Educated

Speaking of Calligos, I was glad of the opportunity to get rid of him. Not that I hated him, but I always suspected there was something off with him and the big guy. The way it started, communicating with his vox guy on the ship, I had a mustachio-twirling moment when I realized I could probably kill him on the planet and nobody would be any the wiser (in fact it seemed like his vox guy was subtly egging me on to doing that, since Calligos was obviously neglecting his demesne, and wiser heads among his people must have been sick of it). I though there would be more responsiveness from the game to that decision, but it seems that there's just a fight between his heirs. Bit disappointing. At least it gets them out of my hair, and I get another planet out of it (eventually, after the game lol).
Yep, the game isn't even subtle about it since there's multiple awareness check, you RESCUED his son beforehands in the prison planet and there's a deal you can make with his vox-master about him being dead.

Like the guy is MADE to be heroic killed for propaganda so his son, who owns you a favor, become the leader.

It's like Theodora too. But I still get Steam users who try to shame Argenta for being a loose cannon for killing her LOL. If she's indeed a heretic, it would be much worse PR for everyone than being assassinated on the ship.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

You can be dogmatic and not be kill them all type I spared the young rebel cause unlike those decadent s... worshiping wardens he had cojones and took part in loyalist uprising against heretics and wounded some of them, there is option there to put him under arrest until later, the empire needs the people like him.

Also spared the rebels and those prisoners who fought against Drukhari on prison planet and those who followed the ''commissar'', My Commissar-Trader was more like Cain or Gaunt, I killed only heretics, traitors and cowards but not brave men who might be... led astray, after all they were just commoners and should be led better.

Totally shot this arab mystery meat slooot though when she admitted to be IG deserter, should do it earlier but unfortunately her contacts did gave me mucho Profit points, some xeno-trade is allowed for Rouge Trader to do, heck you are allowed to ''ally'' with Eldars to fight Heretics as long as you remember to... take care of them later which my CT did.

Game needed more morality points in game cause some Iconoclast options were simply much better like selling the food to the Liedge or destroying rather than turning off false beacon, I took all dogmatic ones I could and still was behind the curve.

Sometimes you also do dogmatic choices and are not giving points this game really needs one year more in beta testing before the release, its heresy to sell it in such state but what you expect from heretics who escaped Holy Imperium of Man to Cyprus.

REhorror

Educated

You can be dogmatic and not be kill them all type I spared the young rebel cause unlike those decadent s... worshiping wardens he had cojones and took part in loyalist uprising against heretics and wounded some of them, there is option there to put him under arrest until later, the empire needs the people like him.

Also spared the rebels and those prisoners who fought against Drukhari on prison planet and those who followed the ''commissar'', My Commissar-Trader was more like Cain or Gaunt, I killed only heretics, traitors and cowards but not brave men who might be... led astray, after all they were just commoners and should be led better.

Totally shot this arab mystery meat slooot though when she admitted to be IG deserter, should do it earlier but unfortunately her contacts did gave me mucho Profit points, some xeno-trade is allowed for Rouge Trader to do, heck you are allowed to ''ally'' with Eldars to fight Heretics as long as you remember to... take care of them later which my CT did.

Game needed more morality points in game cause some Iconoclast options were simply much better like selling the food to the Liedge or destroying rather than turning off false beacon, I took all dogmatic ones I could and still was behind the curve.

Sometimes you also do dogmatic choices and are not giving points this game really needs one year more in beta testing before the release, its heresy to sell it in such state but what you expect from heretics who escaped Holy Imperium of Man to Cyprus.
Some options which seem Dogmatic don't give points, like praying to the Emperor or giving the Emperor's mercy.
Meanwhile Icon shit is everywhere.

Reinhardt

Arcane
My Commissar-Trader was more like Cain or Gaunt, I killed only heretics, traitors and cowards but not brave men who might be... led astray, after all they were just commoners and should be led better.
my rt was warrior priest from death world. zero tolerance.

Harthwain

Magister
I just found out that's you're an obscenely rich Rogue Trader who can gift people a medical universitity with a wave of the hand, but for some reason you can't buy extra melta charges when you realize you need them (and are apparently extremely rare). Who thought this was sensible design? My option now is to get reputation with Fellowship of the Void up to level 9(!) just to obtain 3 charges, use a mod or hope I find some more during Act 3.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
My Commissar-Trader was more like Cain or Gaunt, I killed only heretics, traitors and cowards but not brave men who might be... led astray, after all they were just commoners and should be led better.
my rt was warrior priest from death world. zero tolerance.

"There is no place for the weak-willed or hesitant. Only by firm action and resolute faith will mankind survive. No sacrifice is too great. No treachery too small."

Liber Doctrina Ordo Hereticus, Chapter XXVIII, "Exterminatus"

:bravo:

Indeed when I tried to show a modicum of so called ''reason'' and ''understanding'' towards the heretics, the mutant, the xeno and witch game never failed to show me how stupid I was by making those choices hinder me later.

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
I just found out that's you're an obscenely rich Rogue Trader who can gift people a medical universitity with a wave of the hand, but for some reason you can't buy extra melta charges when you realize you need them (and are apparently extremely rare). Who thought this was sensible design? My option now is to get reputation with Fellowship of the Void up to level 9(!) just to obtain 3 charges, use a mod or hope I find some more during Act 3.
This is one of those moments where I used toybox with no bad feelings, simply because it felt like a balancing issue that is unlikely to be looked into. Cargo is pretty limited as well, and you'll be able to, at most, max 2 reputations by the end of the game, which is unfortunate. There's a few colony buildings that regularly give consumables, but I don't remember if any of them actually give Melta Charges.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom