Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
So you have student Rogue Trader and to what other student are you comparing it to?
You failed at reading comprehension.
Read again what you wrote and what I wrote.
You do not even know what average means, I guess also self awareness is lacking.
This said, talking with you is a complete waste. I may as well reach the same conclusion, which is pretty negative on Rogue Trader, but I am pretty sure it will be for different reasons so just by coincidence, as any reasoning on your side is completely lacking.
Do you happen to like also BG3, I think it would clarify why you seem to not make much sense.
Nice try. I don't even own Baldur's Gate 3.
Doubt.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
Story in RT is really nothing special. There are really cool moments and quests and side quests here and there but as a whole thing it is pretty average.
Especially the motivation part. After you get your kingdom together and you are supposed to start ruling, you just keep getting pulled into specific situations with no real choice on how to deal with stuff or avoid it. Even in BG2 you could skip whole Underdark part of the game, no such thing exists here.

And it does not even feel like "In 41st millennium there is only war" as you do not even get to do any real military stuff, you are still just pulled along by others.

Harthwain

Magister
You do not even know what average means, I guess also self awareness is lacking.
the average value in a set of numbers is the middle value, calculated by dividing the total of all the values by the number of values.
5 is the midpoint between 0 and 10.

I think you ought to focus on your own awareness (or the lack of thereof).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
the average value in a set of numbers is the middle value, calculated by dividing the total of all the values by the number of values.

I think you ought to focus on your own awareness (or the lack of thereof).

Midpoint is not average, open a dictionary.

Let me help you.

eIaamN6.png

So again, you claim it is below the typical, and again I will ask you who did better in the last 5 years and you won't have an answer.

Harthwain

Magister
You really are retarded: in the case of 0 to 10 the midpoint and the average are the same. Trying using less semantics and more brain, if you have any.

Let me help you.

eIaamN6.png

So again, you claim it is below the typical, and again I will ask you who did better in the last 5 years and you won't have an answer.
Uh-huh:
Adjective. below average (comparative more below average, superlative most below average) Worse or lower than average.
If the average is 5 (as proved in my previous post), then below average is anything between 4 and 0. I don't need to give examples of other games to state that I rate Rogue Trader's story between 5 and lower (5 is at best), because the story itself is not good (good is above average).

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
You really are retarded: in the case of 0 to 10 the midpoint and the average are the same. Trying using less semantics and more brain, if you have any.

Let me help you.

eIaamN6.png

Uh-huh:
Adjective. below average (comparative more below average, superlative most below average) Worse or lower than average.
If the average is 5 (as proved in my previous post), then below average is anything between 4 and 0. I don't need to give examples of other games to state that I rate Rogue Trader's story between 5 and lower (5 is at best), because the story itself is not good (good is above average).

You make zero sense, I feel sorry for you as you are probably disabled. So no reason to carry this on.
Also, the mathematical mean between 1 and 10 is 5.5 not even 5, but it doesn't even matter.

Harthwain

Magister
Also, the mathematical mean between 1 and 10 is 5.5 not even 5, but it doesn't even matter.
Yes? And you would be correct, only... I am talking about 0 and 10, not 1 and 10.
So *ekhm* "You make zero sense, I feel sorry for you as you are probably disabled. So no reason to carry this on". Seriously, learn to read before you try to make an argument to show off your crazy math skills.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
When you need to self limit yourself to get some fun and balance out of combat you know it is a shit system.

When they started adding busted items in Wrath's DLCs that killed the fun I said the same thing, so obviously I agree.

But what is curious is mediocrepoet, agreeing with your post while he sperged hard about "muh single player game" and "just don't use the busted items hurr hurr".

So, mediocrepoet did you mature in the meanwhile? Got a brain transplant?
What are you on about?

Given the rest of your moronic butthurt posts, I can only assume you've forgotten your meds and this is some sort of Tourette's episode.

ga♥

Arcane
Vatnik
What are you on about?

Given the rest of your moronic butthurt posts, I can only assume you've forgotten your meds and this is some sort of Tourette's episode.

What about contingencies, thief traps and all the other BG2 spells?
Just the fact that it makes the fight vs Icasaracht so easy should be a crime.
Again to the "just don't use it bro" argument :roll:, "just lower the difficulty" then.

But that's just don't use it, bro! Like even with all the different classes, feats, and combinations available, he can't not use the ones he thinks are most OP. I think it's a symptom of testosterone deficiency.

Friend, as already suggested to you many times by multiple people, Canada has a very open policy regarding euthanasia. Think about it.
All this suffering does not need to continue.

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Story in RT is really nothing special. There are really cool moments and quests and side quests here and there but as a whole thing it is pretty average.
I admit that game has huge issues tying plot together in chapters 4 and 5, but writing for the most quests and characters interactions is pretty damn good, at least in Russian, and there are a lot C&C callbacks to some choices (nothing story-changing, but landing on Footfall quietly/publicly for example affects more than dozen dialogues in the city). Companion's participation in dialogues seems to be even higher than in Wrath, or at least on the same level, and their personalities a lot more... balanced compared to Wrath, with its excess of cannibalistic females.

Also, extra points for almost nonexistent woke trash in the game.

Rhobar121

Scholar
In fact, after the third act, the plot no longer makes any sense and it happens because the scriptwriter wants it and the player has literally no choice.
Also, the level of reactivity is even lower than in Kingsmaker for some reason, let alone Wrath.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
What amazes me is that people are actually able to finish this. I just booted RT for the first time since December and the game bugged out on me on the very first encounter. Guess I'll come back to finish this in 2025.

First and only time I'm ever doing a day one purchase for an Owlcat game.

Last edited:

Harthwain

Magister
I admit that game has huge issues tying plot together in chapters 4 and 5
The issue with the story begins a lot earlier than that. I'd say Janus was the point where the cracks were starting to show (at least for me) and it only became worse from there.

and there are a lot C&C callbacks to some choices (nothing story-changing, but landing on Footfall quietly/publicly for example affects more than dozen dialogues in the city).
There are some major decisions that do get mentioned, but the problem is that there are too few of them and even they don't really have that much of an impact (as you yourself have said: "nothing story-changing"). Rykad Minoris is a good example of a big nothing-burger. Your background doesn't play any role whatsoever outside of getting mentioned a few times in the tutorial/prologue and 95% skills checks during exploration are worthless (realistically there are only there for flavour and to offer you a pittance in XP/money).

Daidre

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Your background doesn't play any role whatsoever
Yes, choices made at character creator lacks in reactivity, and it is extra annoying when you play psyker, due to lore, but it was the same in Kingmaker. But reactivity on in-game decisions is higher than in Kingmaker, especially in companion's quests and events. And there some story parts

Lord Inquisitor in chapter 2 finale and Nomos, who tracks a bunch of decisions

Where a lot of choices is discussed at length - nothing like this is in Kingmaker. I am not talking about Wrath, where reactivity for mythic path is either higher and more detailed... or glaringly missing in some chapters and events.

Harthwain

Magister
But reactivity on in-game decisions is higher than in Kingmaker, especially in companion's quests and events. And there some story parts who tracks a bunch of decisions
"Some story parts" is key here. The amount of choices where your choice doesn't matter is too overwhelming for me to ignore. Saving the sacred Archeotech (a major decision at the end of Act I) being worth +2 Profit Factor? That's laughable. How about earning a lot of reputation with the Adeptus Mechanicus faction? That alone would be actually worthwhile benefit gameplay-wise, while also making it feel like your choice matters. To offset this you could make it so that the Holy Inquisition is more vary of you (or limit it to Drusians getting a negative view of you, because it is simpler way of handling this, given the state of the game). Honestly, reputation should be bigger currency when it comes to your C&C than how they actually handled it.

Last edited:

ArchAngel

Arcane
New patch: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/6488076199785150487
Finally some useful and long awaited mechanics fixes:
Mechanics:

• Bounty Hunter's "Savour the Kill" talent no longer activates when an ally destroys a cover or another destructible entity;
  • Dominate telepathy psychic power had no type assigned and therefore wasn't present in the Warp filter during level up - fixed;
  • Bounty Hunter's "Claim the Bounty" kills with overpenetration sometimes didn't count as kills - fixed;
  • Open to the Warp Navigator talent affected allies - fixed, it no longer does;
  • Voidborn "Be Smart" talent in some cases did not apply its effect - fixed;
  • Ulfar now always correctly attacks with his melee weapon with "Go for the throat " ability;
  • Wounds sometimes didn't update with level up correctly - fixed;
  • Fixed an issue where you could land on Eurac V with more than 6 characters in the party if you hired mercenaries before landing;
  • Bounty Hunter's "Claim the Bounty" ability had incorrect damage percent calculation in the description - fixed;
  • Arch-Militant's "Confident Approach" and "Cautious Approach" buffs could, in some cases, display as "Versatility" buff in terms of the icon and text, while retaining their original mechanics. Fixed, now they are always displayed correctly;
  • Confusing psy-rating requirement texts have been replaced with five unique levels of psykers' powers;
  • In come cases, Operative's "Expose Weakness" ability could remove all stacks of Exploit from the target even if it reduced enemy's armour to zero - fixed;
  • Marazhai could not take Aeldari Armour Proficiency as an Exemplar talent - fixed;
  • Yrliet could not take Drukhari Armour Proficiency as an Exemplar talent - fixed;
  • Analytics System feature was using the target's Intelligence bonus, instead of the owner's - fixed;
  • Fixed an issue with Heinrix's event, that could block the transfer to Act V;
  • C'tan Shard
    no longer goes into an infinite loop of attacks in response to Reckless strike;
  • Bounty Hunter's "Savour the Kill" talent no longer activates when an ally destroys a cover or another destructible entity;
It only took them 5+ months to fix this shit..

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
New patch: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/6488076199785150487
Finally some useful and long awaited mechanics fixes:
Mechanics:

• Dominate telepathy psychic power had no type assigned and therefore wasn't present in the Warp filter during level up - fixed;
  • Bounty Hunter's "Claim the Bounty" kills with overpenetration sometimes didn't count as kills - fixed;
  • Open to the Warp Navigator talent affected allies - fixed, it no longer does;
  • Voidborn "Be Smart" talent in some cases did not apply its effect - fixed;
  • Ulfar now always correctly attacks with his melee weapon with "Go for the throat " ability;
  • Wounds sometimes didn't update with level up correctly - fixed;
  • Fixed an issue where you could land on Eurac V with more than 6 characters in the party if you hired mercenaries before landing;
  • Bounty Hunter's "Claim the Bounty" ability had incorrect damage percent calculation in the description - fixed;
  • Arch-Militant's "Confident Approach" and "Cautious Approach" buffs could, in some cases, display as "Versatility" buff in terms of the icon and text, while retaining their original mechanics. Fixed, now they are always displayed correctly;
  • Confusing psy-rating requirement texts have been replaced with five unique levels of psykers' powers;
  • In come cases, Operative's "Expose Weakness" ability could remove all stacks of Exploit from the target even if it reduced enemy's armour to zero - fixed;
  • Marazhai could not take Aeldari Armour Proficiency as an Exemplar talent - fixed;
  • Yrliet could not take Drukhari Armour Proficiency as an Exemplar talent - fixed;
  • Analytics System feature was using the target's Intelligence bonus, instead of the owner's - fixed;
  • Fixed an issue with Heinrix's event, that could block the transfer to Act V;
  • C'tan Shard
    no longer goes into an infinite loop of attacks in response to Reckless strike;
It only took them 5+ months to fix this shit..
Nooooooooo my unintended Pyromancer with infinite turns is done for. Now i only get 3 extra turns instead of 50.

ArchAngel

Arcane
After release and first bigger patch I said they will need 6 months to fix the game but now if they continue going with this speed they will need 1 to 2 years if they do not quit before. And DLCs might make the game worse instead of better..

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/6488076199784799267

Warhammer Skulls 2024 — Announcement
Greetings, Lord Captain!

We report that no incidents were registered on your voidship, and all systems and mechanisms are operating within normal parameters. However, the ship's crew has gathered on the bridge — they have something intriguing to tell you, Lord Captain!

Your loyal crew is proud to announce that we’ll be a part of the grand annual event, Warhammer Skulls 2024 (https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer), which will be held on
May 23, 2024, 5 PM BST
. We’re preparing a report with some long-anticipated news, so make sure not to miss it!

The crew remains silent and refuses to spoil the surprise or reveal any details ahead of time, so you’ll have to be patient and wait for the big event! What possible news could they be keeping?

ICYMI, you still have a chance to get your Collector’s Edition with a stunning Cassia figurine on our website, https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/. Don’t wait too long, the offer is limited!

May the Omnissiah’s blessing be with you, we await your presence at Warhammer Skulls 2024, Lord Captain!

DLC announcements?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Even with all problems this is one of the better cRPG I've played and I am not against buying the DLC if it will be good. Also the upcoming 1.2 patch better have some real balance and combat fixes instead of mostly cosmetic like 1.1 was.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
We're planning to prepare an article with all the big changes that will be included in the 1.1.2 big patch. But this will be closer to the patch itself

Dayyālu

Arcane
Death Cult and Genestealers, me likey.

I'd like to like this, then I remembered I paid for an unfinished, broken product done by borderline scammers that can't even design a functional combat/character system.

Maybe I'll check some vids or pirate it in three years' time, if the entire dev team doesn't get dumped in a trench in Donbass like they deserve.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom