Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut

Mortmal

Arcane
It's cheaper to use the regional prices than to back the game as usual. Now i dont know if i should play asap and risk game breaking bugs or wait in case it's the same kind of broken bugged piece of shit like kingmaker and wotr.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
So far so good. Playing on unfair.
And? Is there complexity to levels or is it just kill all that moves, pick four weapons or armor, read a lot of text, and move on?
Act 1 is supposed to be slower and with more lore dumps. And everyone has less options in combat and you don't have many companions yet.
I beg your pardon, but I was asking about complexity of levels/areas, not about how combat and companions are. Strangely enough, every video shows only the latter.
I have finished both Pathfinders and I liked them, but I always found them inconsistent in their message. Epic, wast games posing as adventures, but maps too often short of adventuring—generally just talking, looting, and fighting.
Adventure as in the older sense. From adventure games: 'You can't traverse to next area unless you find a de-coupling tool. In the next area, there is only a strange statue. Perception > 15 = you found that it's missing a digit. Later you find it, put it back on the statue, it turns, and reveals a treasure, etc.
So, I would like to know first.

Ryzer

Arcane
The codex received a message today, alerting the staff that Owlcat studio is litteraly a Z office lmao.

TheDarkUrge

Educated
And? Is there complexity to levels or is it just kill all that moves, pick four weapons or armor, read a lot of text, and move on?
Act 1 is supposed to be slower and with more lore dumps. And everyone has less options in combat and you don't have many companions yet.
I beg your pardon, but I was asking about complexity of levels/areas, not about how combat and companions are. Strangely enough, every video shows only the latter.
I have finished both Pathfinders and I liked them, but I always found them inconsistent in their message. Epic, wast games posing as adventures, but maps too often short of adventuring—generally just talking, looting, and fighting.
Adventure as in the older sense. From adventure games: 'You can't traverse to next area unless you find a de-coupling tool. In the next area, there is only a strange statue. Perception > 15 = you found that it's missing a digit. Later you find it, put it back on the statue, it turns, and reveals a treasure, etc.
This isnt MIST it's 40k where you roleplay as a genocidal ancap.

Ryzer

Arcane
It's weird, the marketing for this game is scarce, if not for the codex I wouldn't have heard about its release or anything.

santino27

Arcane
Patron
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
wtf fam

I got a notification yesterday that the beta would be removed, but I haven't got my key for the full game

:x

It's not here? https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/preorder/en/profile/digital-download

nvm, I forgot about the "backer portal" (I thought those were dead? My last kickstarter was a while ago).
This wasn't a kickstarter game. You backed it directly through their website, the same place you go to get the key.

0sacred

poop retainer
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
wtf fam

I got a notification yesterday that the beta would be removed, but I haven't got my key for the full game

:x

It's not here? https://roguetrader.owlcat.games/preorder/en/profile/digital-download

nvm, I forgot about the "backer portal" (I thought those were dead? My last kickstarter was a while ago).
This wasn't a kickstarter game. You backed it directly through their website, the same place you go to get the key.
You're right. In b4 old

it's a weird way of selling your game and I hope it won't get popular

Aarwolf

Learned
Peak Owlcat experience: game froze and shut down my computer during character creation.
But after that everything works perfectly and I'm happy.

Owlcat_Eyler tell your coworkers that I love you guys.

:love:

Mortmal

Arcane
Peak Owlcat experience: game froze and shut down my computer during character creation.
But after that everything works perfectly and I'm happy.

Owlcat_Eyler tell your coworkers that I love you guys.

:love:
yes how much we bet on a very polished act 1 then everything falling into pieces next as owlcat tradition demands it ?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
This isnt MIST it's 40k where you roleplay as a genocidal ancap.
An ad absurdum remark is unneeded. You may feel different, but I always felt that story-based RPGs needed adventure elements, or else they felt too barren in an important regard. Both previous Owlcat's games were missing out on that, and I couldn't care for more right now. I just want to know if I will like this one or not, that's all.

jungl

Augur
50 reviews so far on Steam with 90% positive. Noice!
pretty normal for games with fanbase and shills. Have to wait a month or two for the negative reviews to get the real perspective on the game.

Terra

Cipher
Any way to hide the little bug report icon from the right side of the screen? There's already a hotkey combo to bring it up so I don't know why it needs to be a permanent feature on-screen. Looked through the options but saw nothing that hides it, though maybe I overlooked something.

Stormcrowfleet

Aeon & Star Interactive
Developer
I didn't like Kingmaker because there was too much grind, walking around, weird encounters, and the system (Pathfinder) is not my favorite. However, I really like 40k and Dark Heresy (from which I think they based their RPG system for the video game?).

How does this one compare to Kingmaker?

TheDarkUrge

Educated
I didn't like Kingmaker because there was too much grind, walking around, weird encounters, and the system (Pathfinder) is not my favorite. However, I really like 40k and Dark Heresy (from which I think they based their RPG system for the video game?).

How does this one compare to Kingmaker?
The levels seem much more streamlined and less aimless wandering in the map, but it still has the overworld things like spaceship battles. You can probably mod those to insta kill the enemy ships though. I would say they learned their lesson from kingmaker maps because even WOTR was more focused and it's still pathfinder. There's no buff-spamming either pre-combat so that cuts a lot of chaff out too. I'm not a 40k guy lorewise only played a couple of games never read anything, but it seems to do the setting justice and apparently people say the combat system is more 40k than modern 40k because it's the original table top rules. Feels cool and faithful to the universe.

I would definitely give it a try you'll get something out of it I'm near certain :positive:

Darkwind

Liturgist
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
Any way to hide the little bug report icon from the right side of the screen? There's already a hotkey combo to bring it up so I don't know why it needs to be a permanent feature on-screen. Looked through the options but saw nothing that hides it, though maybe I overlooked something.

Sort of speaks volumes that the one constant of the UI even during in game cutscenes is the bug report icon. Tell me your game isn't finished without telling me your game isn't finished...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom