Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
But having to do multiple roles which you then have to times or divide by other roles

Played tons and tons and tons of GURPS and I have no fucking clue what the hell you're talking about. I don't much like GURPS (used too, don't anymore) but their rolls are objectively some of the most simple of the entire catalogue of complex systems

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Luckily I have so much piled on my backlog right now, otherwise I might not be able to resist. Sounds like waiting at least a couple months would be a good move. Owlcat really needs to learn when it's time to release their games, rather than treating full price paying customers as their testers.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I, for one, don't care much about bugs and inconsistencies, as those will be fleshed out sooner or later. However, I am afraid that this will be another Owlcat game in terms of 'not much to do on a map' except for combat and picking up several items.
Is there complexity in the areas? Places to use various items, players compelled to think what to use where and how, revealing hidden approaches, architectonic or navigational puzzles, stuff like that?

Last edited:

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
The website is still not working for me, I'm starting to get an eye twitch. Why do I preorder Owlcat games again??

Edit: In case anyone is having the same issues for some reason I can go on the website if I use a VPN to change my IP address to an American one

Last edited:

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I've got to say, this mature content warning is nicely monocled.

1701976406029.png

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
cutscene.jpg

The cutscenes are p. rad tbh fam. The full game remembered my saves from beta, but I made a new character now that the full char creation is in, now going through the first act again. Didnt see any bugs so far, though I dont really remember many problems from my beta playthrough either. Anyway, the gaym is gud and I am glad the first 40K RPG turned out like this. Now excuse me, I got to find out how OP my backer void ship actually is.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Review roundup:

But Why Tho? 7.5/10
Dexerto 4/5
Digital Trends 3.5/5
Gamers Heroes 75/100
GameSkinny 9/10
GameSpace 8.5/10
GamesHub 4/5
GamingBolt 8/10
NME 4/5
PC Gamer 59/100
PCGamesN 6/10
PlayStation Universe 8.5/10
Polygon
Push Square 7/10
Screen Rant 4/5
TRG 3/5
TheGamer 4/5
Wccftech 8/10
Why do you believe anyone here cares about mainstream games journalism?
Imagine caring about what some faggy "game journalist" thinks in 2023.

Last edited:

Humanophage

Arcane
Review roundup:

But Why Tho? 7.5/10
Dexerto 4/5
Digital Trends 3.5/5
Gamers Heroes 75/100
GameSkinny 9/10
GameSpace 8.5/10
GamesHub 4/5
GamingBolt 8/10
NME 4/5
PC Gamer 59/100
PCGamesN 6/10
PlayStation Universe 8.5/10
Polygon
Push Square 7/10
Screen Rant 4/5
TRG 3/5
TheGamer 4/5
Wccftech 8/10
Why do you believe anyone here cares about mainstream games journalism?
Imagine caring about what some faggy "game journalist" things in 2023.
Le2dQgB.png

BA Theatre from North Utah State University

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
gore is turned off by default so might want to change that

unfair difficulty seems pretty mild so far but not many hours in yet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom