Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

ArchAngel

Arcane
For my first run I decided to make Fortress World Army Commander Operative focusing into ranged weapons. Going to go full Zealot.
I am keeping Psyker for Demon run and not yet decided for the "good" guy run.
Playing on 2nd hardest difficulty.
Playing on Xbox X and game runs smoothly there. I am going to need some time to get used to UI and all commands.
Considering game will ask me to do a lot of reading, it will be nice to do that one big screen where my eyes will not need to strain as much.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1702027351733.png

lmao

Ryzer

Arcane
The main theme is a pure banger, Owlcat_Eyler, you guys nailed it.
:mca:
One thing I don't like however is how they kept the Pathfinder models for the characters, it doesn't really fit and looks like modeling clay.

Last edited:

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
yeah be smart don't work for skill checks, fel->int requires forge world talent. should work for everything else.
you can respec after u finish prologue
Voidborn also gives you the option to roll Int, if higher, when a Fellowship roll is required.
I've started as Voidborn Psyker(the Emperor Buffs variant) Officer, with Willpower/Intelligence focus to be ultimate support/skillmonkey character.
The first problem arised when I realised that "Be smart" talent won't give me Int bonuses so persuasion/trading. But it should work for Officer's abilities, right?

Played for 3 hours, the atmosphere and music are really good. Big fight against psyker-turned-demon was surprisingly difficult (on Daring), he managed to down Idira and Argenta, but Abelard came through. Still, I have no idea what I am doing with builds, hopefully there will be respec later.
I did decent there, tho I moved Argenta out of position and wasn't able to pull her back. Will need to invest in some disengage tactics later on. I'm building her up as Crowd Control so far. Playing on Daring as well.

Sooo is there any point in putting points into Fellowship, if you are Voidborn, other than scenario skill checks? The Be Smart talent seems to take care of everything else.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Also Be Smart is not listed in the Talent section in-game. Is that a bug or am I missing something?

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
So, from what I understood so far, Rogue Trader is something like an X-COM2 but in the W40 universe and with seriously expanded RPG mechanics; instead of missions, there are classical cRPG areas to traverse and quests; there are some—albeit very little—adventuring elements; maps are more tight, and less bloated than the previous Owlcat titles; and the word huge doesn't even start to describe the lenght. Did I get it right?

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah, pretty much. I've heard people compare it more with Wasteland instead of X-Com 2 tho. Haven't played either title so I can't say which one is the better comparison.

ArchAngel

Arcane
So, from what I understood so far, Rogue Trader is something like an X-COM2 but in the W40 universe and with seriously expanded RPG mechanics; instead of missions, there are classical cRPG areas to traverse and quests; there are some—albeit very little—adventuring elements; maps are more tight, and less bloated than the previous Owlcat titles; and the word huge doesn't even start to describe the lenght. Did I get it right?
Mostly except it has nothing to do with Xcom 2. Only thing common is both games are TB but in that case BG3 is also like Xcom2

ArchAngel

Arcane
Yeah, pretty much. I've heard people compare it more with Wasteland instead of X-Com 2 tho. Haven't played either title so I can't say which one is the better comparison.
If those are only two choices then Wasteland for sure, especially Wasteland 3.

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Ehhh, nu X-Com kinda rejuvenated the genre. It's normal it'd get mentioned left and right.

user

Savant
went on reddit to see what people are saying and the top question is "can i romance the sister of battle" thanks larian

With not even dick physics, this game doesn't stand a chance for goty

Vyvian

Educated
It even has cover shields and half shields just like XCOM let's be honest with ourselves here.

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
You were forced into throat a black character in WotR in the beginning, and if your main character wasn't tank
I know you don't like black characters but at least get mechanics right. Camellia or a pet could tank as well, if not better than Selaah.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
The character models look too WoW-esque with their oversized boots and gloves.
Also TTN (Time to Nigger) is roughly a minute from the first convo. (One of the crewmembers when the servitors go rogue is a nigress).

Axel_am

Exploring and Enjoying
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
The character models look too WoW-esque with their oversized boots and gloves.
Don't mind this so much. WoW copied Warhammer first anyway. You can't really say that the WoW aesthetic is bad without being in denial.
I was expecting the models to look far worse, but I'm pleasantly surprised.

What are you rolling as, Fedora?

ArchAngel

Arcane
went on reddit to see what people are saying and the top question is "can i romance the sister of battle" thanks larian

With not even dick physics, this game doesn't stand a chance for goty
I've played Batman Arkham Knight game recently for the first time and I noticed it has boob physics. I do not think we are getting something like that back any time soon :negative:

Serus

Arcane
Patron
Fuck, I can no longer pay in Argentine peso :despair:

qZkiGyY.png

https://steamdb.info/app/2186680/

What about the trash encounters? Is it Pathfinder tier? Encounter design was one of the worst aspects about their previous games.

I can only talk about beta.

I would say that is much better than Kingmaker/Wrath but much worse than Knights of the Chalice.

game doesn't flood you with as much useless loot, and combat is pretty simple but better than Pathfinder.

What I liked about combat is how impactful things are

Can you be a melee pyro psyker or do I need to have int for it how the fuck does this work.

You can. And there are force swords are in the game.

For psykers, WILLPOWER is the most important stat. I would suggest getting some biomancy powers too as it can help you in melee with some buffs.

Jesus Christ, Vatniks are poorer than Khazaks, South Africans, AND Hohols? How is that even possible? Hohols don't even have a country anymore and all their men are dead. Vatniks make Europoors look like US citizens.
It isn't based on wealth. At least not directly. Potatos pay more than the honorary Aryans do in Japan. More than almost anyone in the world outside EU.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom