Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
So tell me how this game is playing now. I've been actively avoiding it and this thread, waiting for it to stabilize and hopefully be irritant-free playing it.

It was stable for me till end of act 3, then CTDs and random errors started to show up.

Any glaring Unity-based issues? Does it scroll and perform smoothly, even in heavy combat?

Many, especially save files gets bigger over time and loading times gets longer.

Any show-stopping bugs warranting further waiting for more patches?

I haven't encountered for main quest but one of the side quests in act 4 was unsolveable unless you pick a spesific route. Lost my all permanent buff that gained via character choices or colony buildings. Some skills started to work different all of a sudden as well.

Any idea when its price might drop?

I forsee an Easter sale.

std::namespace

respeced idira into a hilariously whacky murdermachine
and i dont even understand whats happening anymore... that mandrake just died...
no damage done to him or anything, he kills heindrix and dies... full 350hp... kek
tgZrSca.jpeg

ArchAngel

Arcane
To the surprise of none at least one of the two items is bugged (cloak). It gives +5 to all stats while at full wounds but if you lose wounds and recover them you do not get the +5 back..

thats fine! boss has 1111 hp, whats 5 stats between friends

hello owlSCAT!

NONE!
UQEGTcb.png

OF THESE ITEMS!
Rms80uN.png

RECOVER AP!
InOiaYK.png

they recover MP! big fucking difference

the scorcher doesnt do shit to psy power abilities cooldowns either, at least the 1 ap gained is for the next turn

now this
loops infinitely for some reason, after an extra turn by an officer
9dfIFPN.png

dH2hScL.png

bcvIjUv.png

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/2186680/view/3982938673422687298
Patch 1.0.102 is live!

Lord Captain!
Further improvements were prepared for your Voidship. Please, allow your tech-priests to apply them! By the will of the Holy Omnissiah, we present you with Patch 1.0.102!

Check https://steamcommunity.com/app/2186680/discussions/0/4027970580228219058/ for up-to-date information on known issues and upcoming patches.

Please be aware of plot spoilers in the description below!

Narrative

• Fixed a bug when

• Fixed a bug due to which some players could not land on a planet during the story mission;
  • Between some of the Bridge events the player could get stuck on another map - fixed;
  • Fixed a small possibility that

• Fixed a bug with the chain of rumors about the pirate ship "Elusive Contempt". Now the rumors will end after the space battles;

Items

• Fixed

Locations

• After passing the Machine Temple location, you will no longer be able to get to the final arena and stuck there;

Visual

• Invisible

was fixed;
  • Fixed hammer attack animations;

User Interface

• Freezes when opening the ship customization window and dialogue window at the same time - fixed;
  • Context loot menu did not work correctly - fixed;
  • Сontrols may be broken when opening colony management window right after getting a reward in planet exploration window - fixed;
  • Rewards window could appear without an option to close it, while dialog window is opened: fixed;
  • Opening colonization window while in ground exploration could cause crashes or incorrect display of colonization window - fixed;

Miscellaneous

• Fixed a bug due to which in some cases there might not be a message about a Drukhari attack on a merchant ship;

n0wh3r3

Educated
Is this now playable without game-breaking bugs? I previously encountered one that didn't allow me to complete a quest.

oh look, a RELOAD! good thing i saved on the previous map, before the previous fight
W7KUTJe.jpeg

now we all know that owlscat is a bug generator bar none but holy shit,
i have never even heard of shit similar to this:
this helmet is the only decent psyker headgear, its a reward for a lvl5 colony building on kiava gamma
i cant equip it, idira cant equip it, none can, right click - equip doesnt work, pulling it doesnt work,
here is the magic though - if i pull items over it -> they disappear! they dont get reordered, just gone, it eats them lul
at least RELOAD somehow fixed it...
how, owlscat? how?
FHReSGz.jpeg

(also fuck you owlscat, i spent at least 2 hours clicking on your imbecilic pointless garbage colony shit game just to get a psyker helmet, fuck you and kill yourselves)

Rhobar121

Scholar
now we all know that owlscat is a bug generator bar none but holy shit,
i have never even heard of shit similar to this:
this helmet is the only decent psyker headgear, its a reward for a lvl5 colony building on kiava gamma
i cant equip it, idira cant equip it, none can, right click - equip doesnt work, pulling it doesnt work,
here is the magic though - if i pull items over it -> they disappear! they dont get reordered, just gone, it eats them lul
at least RELOAD somehow fixed it...
how, owlscat? how?
FHReSGz.jpeg

(also fuck you owlscat, i spent at least 2 hours clicking on your imbecilic pointless garbage colony shit game just to get a psyker helmet, fuck you and kill yourselves)
Your fault, true believers in the Emperor get a helmet that adds your dogmatic rank to your psi rating.
Of course, it's also bugged, so instead of giving it only against demons, you get it against everyone. I'm not complaining because it's the only psyker item that is bugged for the benefit of the player and makes psyker playable.
The other items don't even work.

where is the +30 parry owlscat? where iiiiis eeet?
ZwbnG7A.png

but at least it stacks with the fencing boots and abelard gets 2 attacks on every parry kek
YOOhYoU.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
where is the +30 parry owlscat? where iiiiis eeet?
ZwbnG7A.png

but at least it stacks with the fencing boots and abelard gets 2 attacks on every parry kek
YOOhYoU.png
Ah it stacks lol. I didn't even try it assuming it would not stack..
Only thing more bugged than skills and talents are items. Rarely any do what description says.
Also a bunch of them have bonuses stated nowhere. Like knifes get a big bonus vs dodge.

Erebus

Arcane
Just started Act 3.

I don't necessarily hate twists that have your super-powerful PC suddenly fall into a trap that'll leave him extremely vulnerable, with nothing but sa bite et son couteau (his dick and a knife) to face terrible dangers. But I do appreciate it when the trap isn't so fucking obvious. And the fact that there's a second obvious trap right after that makes it even worse.

Last edited:

makes psyker playable
i mean, im gonna post heretic idira's gear and build later but holy kek she certainly is playable, warp conductor gloves + spirit drape + grimoire with 1 seizeinitiative officer make it possible for her to kill everyone before anyone moves even...
she basically triggers as many warp phenoms as possible and collects psyrating and momentum on each to get enough momentum for finesthour after seizeinitiative and bringitdown from the officer
and at level 22 she can get precognition ...which i thought was utter garbage... but with spirit drape it becomes super nasty, she bascially casts it for free 3 times, moves 6 places in the init queue earlier and probably gets a second turn in the first turn roffles... if cassie casts bringitdown on her, than idira can cast precogntion 5 times, including her own turn, and move 10 places in the init queue... its fun! and of course dodge goes into 3 hundreds always...
THE WARP PROVIDES!
jqNZJL0.png

there is also a reason to pick 1 level of pyro at lvl16 when you pick assassin abilities, cause pyros basic attack spell is not on cooldown after casting idiras basic shriek hehe and costs 1 ap, and backdraft talent adds even more spreading damage

the writing in this game is tldr, absurd, eyeroll
most of it is just straight up tldr i dont give a fuck level drivel
most heretic parts are absurd in context of a party and where and how shit happens
the trap is eyeroll

btw, guess what happens if your officer takes a 8 rate-of-fire gun and bursts down 2 of your dodgy people standing in a row after his seize-initiative turn...
and at what "next turn" does the psykers actually get the 2 ap :smug:
sAEUW40.png

ArchAngel

Arcane
If they ever fix cooldowns that say 1 round to actually work all this abuse for all classes can be fixed

Harthwain

Magister
Your fault, true believers in the Emperor get a helmet that adds your dogmatic rank to your psi rating.
:shunthenonbeliever:

MUTANT!

Of course, it's also bugged, so instead of giving it only against demons, you get it against everyone. I'm not complaining because it's the only psyker item that is bugged for the benefit of the player and makes psyker playable.
It gives psi rating against demons AND based on Dogmatic rank of the user. Unless you mean that when demons are present on the battlefield you have +1 psi rating against all targets?

Ulfar's "Go for the Throat" (Charge, in other words) is funny. Instead of charging he fires his Bolt Pistol. I guess he is an Ultramarine at heart...

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Welp, stuck in a combat with the Necrons in act 5. One of the fuckers are immortal and can't be targeted with any single target attacks, all aoes miss it. A true immortal Necron lord indeed...
Tried the fight a few times but same thing happened again and again....

ChildInTime

Savant
Welp, stuck in a combat with the Necrons in act 5. One of the fuckers are immortal and can't be targeted with any single target attacks, all aoes miss it. A true immortal Necron lord indeed...
Tried the fight a few times but same thing happened again and again....
Kill it with Toybox

ArchAngel

Arcane
:shunthenonbeliever:

MUTANT!

It gives psi rating against demons AND based on Dogmatic rank of the user. Unless you mean that when demons are present on the battlefield you have +1 psi rating against all targets?

Ulfar's "Go for the Throat" (Charge, in other words) is funny. Instead of charging he fires his Bolt Pistol. I guess he is an Ultramarine at heart...
It is because they forced his ranged weapon to go into slot 1 and charge always used that slot for its attack.
At first I thought it didn't even attack but that was because of the other bug where using one handed bolt guns with him disables them when in melee range unless you pick up archmilitant talent that lets you use all weapons in melee range.
I never picked up that talent and later when I found a Plasma Pistol for him I noticed he would shoot that pistol after a charge as it was not as bugged as bolt ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom