Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Lemming42

Arcane
i6KgJC1.png

Showing up at a funeral and confiscating the inheritance while the heirs watch in dismay. Ahahaha.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
This game could really use a better line of sight indicator. I just fucked up by moving Idira into a position that looked good but where she can't actually target anything because there's a giant honking pillar in the way, that the game only wants to render if you're viewing from a very specific camera angle.
There is a line of sight indicator, when you click first time on a position where you want to move, the hologram of your character appears there, you see lines to the enemies you can target with your weapon, and you can also preview the targeting for any ability you have. Did you skip the tutorials?
That's only displayed if you have a ranged weapon selected, and only inside the area you're allowed to move, so no planning ahead. It should be improved.

jungl

Augur
Visually its jarring how lame melee looks compared to burst weapons and flame throwers.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Did they remove the bug where the cutscenes decide to play in Russian or something?

It was very memorable :D

Shaki

Arbiter
I respecced from Rigorous Training since it was broken, took Clenched Teeth instead. It's also broken. Well, tough luck, no dmg reduction build, no mobility build, maybe I'll go for dodge, thankfully I have Survival Instinct death world feature, for that 20% dodge bonus synrgizing really well with warrior. Nope, Survival Instinct is also broken. :M

Btw. Endure, the first ability you get as a warrior, is ALSO broken, it gives 2x less deflection than it should, TGH/2 instead of TGH. 50TGH character gets deflection of 2 instead of 5. Brilliant. Charge also has the same bug that it had since Kingmaker, with chars sometimes stopping at the end without attacking. Srsly, is there ANY ability/talent on warrior that isn't broken in some way?

Is there any logical explanation how a turn based tactical game can apparently have majority of basic, ultra early game core talents/abilities, fucked up so hard? Shouldn't it be like #1 priority to have at least the few things you pick literally in the first 30 min of the game, working as intended?
Like, Pathfinder/Wotr didn't even came close to this, this is new level of just not giving a fuck about the state of the game at release :positive: I accepted Owlcat launches to be basically a fully priced beta test, but this feels more like pre-alpha. Owlcat_Eyler y'all should be ashamed.

Last edited:

Lemming42

Arcane
Just got to the galaxy map. Ah, I see I've been tricked into playing Pathfinder 3. Oh well, at least this time I have my great pal Argenta by my side instead of that absolute arsehole Linzi.

just

Liturgist
man you alpha/beta fags did a poor job
owlcat should never let you test the game

Rhobar121

Scholar
Considering Owlcat is a bunch of Russian morons, I don't know what you expected. Have you ever tried writing code when you were drunk? Russians can't do anything right unless they have at least one rifle aimed at their backs.

just

Liturgist
Considering Owlcat is a bunch of Russian morons, I don't know what you expected. Have you ever tried writing code when you were drunk? Russians can't do anything right unless they have at least one rifle aimed at their backs.
*cyprian moronos

Shaja

Educated
About Chapter 1 last boss:

WTH am I suppose to do? The CSM doesnt need an army and a sniper, he alone can kill all my party. I´m lvl 13

Incendax

Augur
The number of enemies is fine because you have so many AoE attacks (plus the Psyker's chain lightining which just turns everyone to mincemeat). It's the sluggishness of movement combined with the scope of the arenas that's causing the pacing issues in combat I think.
Agreed. It feels like the default is 20 feet of movement, making that +2 movement talent almost mandatory.

stendhal

Novice
About Chapter 1 last boss:

WTH am I suppose to do? The CSM doesnt need an army and a sniper, he alone can kill all my party. I´m lvl 13
You're a bit underleveled, but there is a psyker staff with Vision of Death. It can hit for a ton of damage and the % to hit is not too shabby (mine was around 15%, multiple times a turn with officer abilities). Also, spread your party during deployment phase to avoid getting multiple members murdered by AoE.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
Reached Footfall and honestly Im already getting tired. Yet another 6 vs 20 trash fight, yet more abilities for my characters that I'm probably not even going to use (or are broken anyway)... Meh.

Reever

Scholar
Patron
>game bugs out and I can't interact with a trap
>"No worries, I'll just save and reload. That usually fixes this kind of bugs"
>Cursor changes to the trap disarm icon, click it, Argenta starts running towards it
>Trips over it, get 4 injuries on different characters

:hmmm:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom