Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

ArchAngel

Arcane
I didn't pick that talent for Cassia so she does not get free action at start.
How did you get to 5 attacks on turn 1?
1 is normal, 2 is Run and Gun and 3 is Wildfire. You do not have access to Arch Militant Heroic yet until end of Turn 1 when others also got to act and collect momentum. And with that Heroic that is also just 4.
Where is 5?

Wildfire is probably broken and not only gives you free attack, but it also makes the game forget you already attacked before using it. Also I'm using grenadier talent that gives you a free granade throw every turn which counts as attack.

So you can do for example: normal attack -> run and gun + attack -> granade -> wildfire -> normal attack

Probably could squeeze in 6th attack with some dual wielding shenanigans, but I doubt it's worth it.

Reckless Rush only works for that one turn, you are not supposed to get more stacks, Revel in slaughter costs 1 AP that you do not really have if you are using 2 AP to shoot bursts all the time. Stabilizing Bracers only gives a tiny bonus to hit

Reckless rush only works for your turn, but it costs 0 AP so you can have it up all the time, pretty much always having 2x bigger number of stacks than your real number.

AP IIRC wasn't a problem, yeah I think sometimes you need to give up one of the bursts and do a single attack instead to have enough AP for Revel, and need to decide what's worth more in the specific situation.

Stabilizing bracers give you AGI/2 bonus flat dmg on ranged attacks after using run and gun.

How did you get to 400% critical damage? 50% is base and versatility is like 2% crit damage per stack, even with 50 after you turned on Reckless it is only 150% bonus (which is how I got to 50 per bullet). You can also get bracers that give +25% crit but then you do not get -50% recoil and shots miss unless target is 4 squares.

Versatility alone is 3% per stack, so 150% on 50 stacks, base crit dmg is 50%, Revel gives 25% per stack, Fired Up gives infinitely stacking 1% bonus whenever you deal damage to anyone - this alone brings you above 300% in the first turn easily. and there are many more items and talents in arch militant/soldier giving smaller % bonuses both to overall dmg and crit dmg.

I would love to see details from combat log that show that 200 number with all bonuses listed and to know which round you did that.

I'll open the game and screenshot the log for you when I'm back home, I didn't touch the game since last patch but I don't think it broke anything in the strat

How did you get that last normal attack without using Arch Militant heroic action?
As I said, wildfire makes the game forget you attacked before it. So if you do wildfire free attack -> normal attack you can't attack again, buy if you do normal attack -> Wildfire free attack, then the game lets you do another normal attack after wildfire. Basically using it in the right order, result in wildfire giving you 2 additional attacks, instead of one.
Hmm that would explain why I noticed extra attacks that I could not explain where they came from. So another bug lol
Did you report this one?
Yep, probably more than once
I think I also noticed some characters receiving extra turns but so many abilities give extra turns I usually forget where I was and who was doing what lol
This system is so busted, they need to cut most extra turn shit in some future overhaul..

Harthwain

Magister
(Also, gosh, I fear I got the Inquisitor trying to romance me by not being an asshole. The cringe in the dialogue is palpable.).
Are you playing as a woman? To my male Rogue Trader he was simply diplomatic (not really buddy-buddy). But maybe this changes past Act 2.

I think I also noticed some characters receiving extra turns but so many abilities give extra turns I usually forget where I was and who was doing what lol
This system is so busted, they need to cut most extra turn shit in some future overhaul..
Everything seems fine on my end, no weird extra turns.

Shaki

Arbiter
1 is normal, 2 is Run and Gun and 3 is Wildfire. You do not have access to Arch Militant Heroic yet until end of Turn 1 when others also got to act and collect momentum. And with that Heroic that is also just 4.
Where is 5?

Wildfire is probably broken and not only gives you free attack, but it also makes the game forget you already attacked before using it. Also I'm using grenadier talent that gives you a free granade throw every turn which counts as attack.

So you can do for example: normal attack -> run and gun + attack -> granade -> wildfire -> normal attack

Probably could squeeze in 6th attack with some dual wielding shenanigans, but I doubt it's worth it.

Reckless Rush only works for that one turn, you are not supposed to get more stacks, Revel in slaughter costs 1 AP that you do not really have if you are using 2 AP to shoot bursts all the time. Stabilizing Bracers only gives a tiny bonus to hit

Reckless rush only works for your turn, but it costs 0 AP so you can have it up all the time, pretty much always having 2x bigger number of stacks than your real number.

AP IIRC wasn't a problem, yeah I think sometimes you need to give up one of the bursts and do a single attack instead to have enough AP for Revel, and need to decide what's worth more in the specific situation.

Stabilizing bracers give you AGI/2 bonus flat dmg on ranged attacks after using run and gun.

How did you get to 400% critical damage? 50% is base and versatility is like 2% crit damage per stack, even with 50 after you turned on Reckless it is only 150% bonus (which is how I got to 50 per bullet). You can also get bracers that give +25% crit but then you do not get -50% recoil and shots miss unless target is 4 squares.

Versatility alone is 3% per stack, so 150% on 50 stacks, base crit dmg is 50%, Revel gives 25% per stack, Fired Up gives infinitely stacking 1% bonus whenever you deal damage to anyone - this alone brings you above 300% in the first turn easily. and there are many more items and talents in arch militant/soldier giving smaller % bonuses both to overall dmg and crit dmg.

I would love to see details from combat log that show that 200 number with all bonuses listed and to know which round you did that.

I'll open the game and screenshot the log for you when I'm back home, I didn't touch the game since last patch but I don't think it broke anything in the strat

How did you get that last normal attack without using Arch Militant heroic action?
As I said, wildfire makes the game forget you attacked before it. So if you do wildfire free attack -> normal attack you can't attack again, buy if you do normal attack -> Wildfire free attack, then the game lets you do another normal attack after wildfire. Basically using it in the right order, result in wildfire giving you 2 additional attacks, instead of one.
Hmm that would explain why I noticed extra attacks that I could not explain where they came from. So another bug lol
Did you report this one?
Yeah, I think the game would be actually quite balanced and had pretty fun difficulty level on unfair atm, if you would fix broken talents and then straight up removed all extra turn bullshit and capped all the stacks.

If they removed all the extra turns, maybe they wouldn't even need to cap stacking, as outside of shenanigans like taking multiple operatives to stack tactical knowledge, or multiple sanctic psykers for resolve, it would take a lot of time for most currently broken shit to stack to OP levels, and if you can survive 6-7 turns to stack shit, then you probably were going to win anyway.

cpmartins

Cipher
Where is 5?

Did you report this one?
Combat starts
Officer gives a 2 AP turn to archmilitant/soldier
Soldier has now 4 APs because fuck I don't know
Archsoldier uses rapid/conc fire and kills 3 cardboard enemies, "high momentum"
Uses Archmilitant ultimate, burst fires and takes another 2 or 3 mooks "high momentum"
Uses Soldier ult because why the fuck wouldn't you pick that talent. Wild fire is now 1 or 2 AP
Kills 3 more fluffers, "high momentum"
Officer gets back on the board, officer ults said archsuperman, who has now so many stacks Wildfire is free
Thanos snaps his fingers and combat ends.

Shaki

Arbiter
Where is 5?

Did you report this one?
Combat starts
Officer gives a 2 AP turn to archmilitant/soldier
Soldier has now 4 APs because fuck I don't know
Officer has a talent that's supposed to give +1AP on extra turns given by Bring it Down. However it's bugged and gives +2AP. It also persists for all the extra turns granted from any sources until the end of the round, because why the fuck not.

You can also get an item that gives another +1AP to bring it down targets, this one is fortunately not bugged and brings your soldier to 5AP on extra turns granted by Bring it Down.

Last edited:

Dishonoredbr

Erudite
Biggest change.

Difficulty modifiers for skill checks changed:
Story 20 —> 40
Normal 10 —> 30
Core 0 —> 20
Hard -10 —> 10
Unfair -20 —> 0

And

"Increased conviction point gain for all branches"

ChildInTime

Savant
  • Fixed a vast majority of broken quests and cutscenes that blocked progression or worked only for specific choices;
  • Fixed many items and abilities that worked incorrectly;
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Shaki

Arbiter
Also:

Using Charge with Fighter talent Rigorous Training still reduced the Fighter's MP to 0 - fixed;

I wonder if this fix will finally work, Owlcat charges were bugged since Kingmaker :M

Rhobar121

Scholar
  • Arch-Militant no longer receives 2 stacks of "Versatility" after every burst shot regardless of the previous attack;
  • Psalms of Heroes sanctic psyker talent now works correctly;
I'll finally be able to give Argent a proper weapon.

Shaki

Arbiter
  • Updated Conviction requirements and increased Conviction point gain for all branches;
  • The amount of reputation required for vendor higher levels items (End of Act II and Act IV) is decreased;

Can't believe they hidden this shit in miscellaneous section. Can you finally get dogmatic lvl 5 and max reputation for more than one faction? :bounce:

Harthwain

Magister
I am after some more Warp jumps and I have to say I do like (A LOT) what happens when something goes wrong. Rogue Trader did manage to catch how dangerous travel through the Warp is supposed to be in Warhammer 40K and the game actually offers varied encounters, rather than just a few lines of text that you can ignore.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Biggest change.

Difficulty modifiers for skill checks changed:
Story 20 —> 40
Normal 10 —> 30
Core 0 —> 20
Hard -10 —> 10
Unfair -20 —> 0

And

"Increased conviction point gain for all branches"
Nah it is this one for all the poor souls that made it to the end.
  • Fixed a case where the player only received one ending slide after completing the game;

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am after some more Warp jumps and I have to say I do like (A LOT) what happens when something goes wrong. Rogue Trader did manage to catch how dangerous travel through the Warp is supposed to be in Warhammer 40K and the game actually offers varied encounters, rather than just a few lines of text that you can ignore.
After you do same 3 encounters 5x just in act 2 you will not feel the same..

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
:obviously:
Argenta could pick Aeldari Weapon Proficiency and Drukhari Weapon Proficiency when leveling up - fixed, no filthy xenos weaponry should be touched by the hands of Adepta Sororitas!

guess I test can I still 1 turn kill final boss with Cassia
Fixed incorrect calculations and damage prediction for Lidless Stare, Held in My Gaze and Immolate the Soul Navigator abilities. Tooltips were updated accordingly;

I could only reach lvl 3 dogmatic before this change
Updated Conviction requirements and increased Conviction point gain for all branches;

Harthwain

Magister
After you do same 3 encounters 5x just in act 2 you will not feel the same..
Could be. They are quite fast though. So far only the event with mad tech-priest took me longer to finish, but that's mainly because I didn't want to go under the cannons too fast after what happened to me on the wrecked Black Ship. It's also fun to have some less nail-biting encounters from time to time, which could be the reason why I took the welcome change (and the novelty factor is still in play, as you said).

Rhobar121

Scholar
  • Updated Conviction requirements and increased Conviction point gain for all branches;
  • The amount of reputation required for vendor higher levels items (End of Act II and Act IV) is decreased;

Can't believe they hidden this shit in miscellaneous section. Can you finally get dogmatic lvl 5 and max reputation for more than one faction? :bounce:
Has anyone tested whether this works on an existing save?

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron

dogmatic still the same (lvl 3 297/300 points)
faction xp requirements seems to have decreased very slightly, 3 went from 15->16

ArchAngel

Arcane
I see talent fixes are far from what is needed. At least two I can think of that I reported are not in the list.
I can only imagine how many others exist.
Also no fix for 1 use per round abilities being able to be used on next turn.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Xd somehow they managed to introduce another critical error. Apparently you can't talk to companions on the ship, which break a lot of quests.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
Cassia buffed, deals about 50%+ more dmg
no respite still giving free +100 stats
UvPC18p.jpg

blood augury balanced

fucking clown game

Rhobar121

Scholar

dogmatic still the same (lvl 3 297/300 points)
faction xp requirements seems to have decreased very slightly, 3 went from 15->16
So you have to start a new game? This is a bit stupid.

Jermu

Arbiter
Patron
6 or something, 1 turn / 10AP~ is enough for Cassia to kill final boss without prebuffing/debuffing from other party members so pretty much just need officer's ulti

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom