Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Harthwain

Magister
Respec is a decline mechanic anyways, only implemented for crybabies.
This argument would hold water if not for the fact that this is very save-scumming game anyway and trying out different configurations of skills is just fun thing to do.

REhorror

Educated
One way to feed the insane need for reputation: farm warp encounter.

In some encounter you encounter hoarde and hoarde enemies, kill them, pack up their loot and sell to vendors.
It's a pain but it works.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I am doing Act 3 atm and I ran into a "Book" segment that I do not have a clue how anyone at Owlcat managed to approve it.
Spoilers from Act3:
After doing 2nd arena fight vs two groups, including killing their champions and going back to the fleshcrafter guy I got a book event told from POW of the attacker. Ok, that seemed innovative and it seemed like a cool idea. Then first thing it happens is that it says companions cannot help you LOL and then proceeds with high difficulty checks that only your skill values are used that seem to do nothing except give a bit of XP and then ends with last check where if you fail it you instantly die and need to redo this stupid book event until you pass the last check..
WTF Owlcat?!

It ended up with me savescumming until I passed that last check and it was beyond stupid and irritating. Whoever designed and approved this shit should receive some of the Emperor's justice..
Owlcat_Eyler send my "love" to whoever approved this thing

EDIT: Also why is the game full of high difficulty checks that then reward you with 11 to 13 XP?! What is the fucking point..

REhorror

Educated
Where is the Owlcat representation on the 'dex?

Don't tell me they have abandoned this board when 'dex and 4chan are what made Kingmakers a huge seller.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I am doing Act 3 atm and I ran into a "Book" segment that I do not have a clue how anyone at Owlcat managed to approve it.
Spoilers from Act3:
After doing 2nd arena fight vs two groups, including killing their champions and going back to the fleshcrafter guy I got a book event told from POW of the attacker. Ok, that seemed innovative and it seemed like a cool idea. Then first thing it happens is that it says companions cannot help you LOL and then proceeds with high difficulty checks that only your skill values are used that seem to do nothing except give a bit of XP and then ends with last check where if you fail it you instantly die and need to redo this stupid book event until you pass the last check..
WTF Owlcat?!

It ended up with me savescumming until I passed that last check and it was beyond stupid and irritating. Whoever designed and approved this shit should receive some of the Emperor's justice..

EDIT: Also why is the game full of high difficulty checks that then reward you with 11 to 13 XP?! What is the fucking point..
I asked myself the same question. And then a simple Str check you can pass with Str 30 solves the whole thing.

Owlcat_Eyler

Owlcat Games
Developer
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

Hmmm... I will send your "love" but you can send suggestions from the game as well via bug reports as well. They are transferred to the team right away.
Edit: they say these book event skill checks were broken and already being fixed (presumably in a couple of nearest patches).

Don't tell me they have abandoned this board when 'dex and 4chan are what made Kingmakers a huge seller.
I'm here, just being a bit busy with work. Yet I'm vigilant and read everything -_-

REhorror

Educated
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

Hmmm... I will send your "love" but you can send suggestions from the game as well via bug reports as well. They are transferred to the team right away.

I'm here, just being a bit busy with work. Yet I'm vigilant and read everything -_-
Can you please take some of suggestions into account:
- allow more random encounters warp battle, including Dark elves random encounter, they are pirates you know
- the colony/planets giving you specific cargo to sell so you can farm reputation point easier.

Current system is super limited and doesn't make you feel like own entire planets.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

Edit: they say these book event skill checks were broken and already being fixed (presumably in a couple of nearest patches).

Tnx. Btw if you are reading everything please forward them that Act 3 coughing sequences are super irritating and there should not be like 10 of them. 2 or 3 are more than enough to show that we are in weakened state.

As for ingame report tool, I try to use it but writing long shit with a controller on Xbox is not fun..

ArchAngel

Arcane
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

- allow more random encounters warp battle, including Dark elves random encounter, they are pirates you know
- the colony/planets giving you specific cargo to sell so you can farm reputation point easier.

Current system is super limited and doesn't make you feel like own entire planets.
That would be against the lore, Drukhari do not travel the warp. You can only get warp connected random events there.

REhorror

Educated
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

That would be against the lore, Drukhari do not travel the warp. You can only get warp connected random events there.
You can make it that they invade and ambush you when you warp out.
Come on, they are pirates, don't tell me they actually take chances.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

That would be very irritating and I can see why they went against doing that. Don't forget space combat is limited by limited resource Scrap

REhorror

Educated
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

That would be very irritating and I can see why they went against doing that. Don't forget space combat is limited by limited resource Scrap
Anyway, just on Steam, someone says that you can actually encounter Dark Eldar and even Space Marines random battle IF you decide to brave the red warp path.

Gonna try it I guess.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

Anyway, just on Steam, someone says that you can actually encounter Dark Eldar and even Space Marines random battle IF you decide to brave the red warp path.

Gonna try it I guess.
Well I can see how you can encounter Chaos Space Marines but Dark Eldar are supposed to also use Webways to travel, like Eldar. Maybe I am wrong.

REhorror

Educated
Spoilers from Act3:
WTF Owlcat?!

Gonna try it I guess.
Well I can see how you can encounter Chaos Space Marines but Dark Eldar are supposed to also use Webways to travel, like Eldar. Maybe I am wrong.
It's just something someone on Steam says, I need to do it and test it out.
Encounter CSM would be great tho, but I prefer Dark Eldar because their weapons are outright listed as Xeno artifacts.

Rhobar121

Scholar
There is actually a random encounter with CSM and he rewards you with a single grenade frag.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Don't forget space combat is limited by limited resource Scrap
You could be given more scrap after each combat.
Unless you are out of scrap and planned to avoid combat until you can get more. This could soft lock some people. Also players would need to make sure their craft is always healed before jumping, currently you can never do space battles unless you start it.

Harthwain

Magister
Unless you are out of scrap and planned to avoid combat until you can get more. This could soft lock some people.
Yeah, this is a problem. Maybe automatically heal the ship on important worlds (Footfall and such), similarly to how you automatically heal wounds and injuries when on the bridge?

ArchAngel

Arcane
Unless you are out of scrap and planned to avoid combat until you can get more. This could soft lock some people.
Yeah, this is a problem. Maybe automatically heal the ship on important worlds (Footfall and such), similarly to how you automatically heal wounds and injuries when on the bridge?
Still does not help with this problem. You can get scrap by selling your ram and HP upgrades but not if you are put into random encounter. Selling part only works if you really need to do some battle but you are out of scrap to heal before it.
And then they will need to implement saving game each time you want to jump making the whole process slow and irritating because saving of game it too slow in this game.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
1703760697470.png

Idira is a dum-dum. Handing her over to the Inquisition really IS the best thing anyone can do.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom