Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

Sunri

Liturgist
god damn this voice actor is doing work...
i actually listened to every fucking line in that dialogue... wtf
TELnoA2.png
Ulfar is best one so far.
space wolfs are cringe

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
xenotech is ghey.
my warpriest purging enemies of mankind with thunder hammer and shotgun. feels gud.

There is no better gun than heavy stubber - it has insane fire rate and my Argenta can easily deal from 200 to 800 damage per shot when properly buffed (and mind it, one burst can be 10 to 12 shots). She basically one shot all the bosses in act 3 and 4, and did ~90% damage to the final boss.

Any xenotech shit can't even compare to that.

1703717618024.png

Aarwolf

Learned
So when does the area in shadow quarters unlock? So far, I only have one main quest left, Blades in the Void, and I still haven't unlocked this location.

After first warp jump from Footfall to whatever location. I usually return there after Janus.

Mortmal

Arcane
Got the cover for the new dlc:
what website, what prompt
Bing image creator , for an easy prompt it is important to mention the painting style and repeat things, adding your favorite artist names inthe end help too :
an oil painting grimdark warhammer 40k style glorified scene of a space marine fat nerd in warhammer 40K with "RPGCODEX" written on his armor fighting an horde of giant cockroaches, 4K, ultra detailed

Modifiy the prompt as you wish:
GYV5Rj2.jpg

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
xenotech is ghey.
my warpriest purging enemies of mankind with thunder hammer and shotgun. feels gud.

There is no better gun than heavy stubber - it has insane fire rate and my Argenta can easily deal from 200 to 800 damage per shot when properly buffed (and mind it, one burst can be 10 to 12 shots). She basically one shot all the bosses in act 3 and 4, and did ~90% damage to the final boss.

Be an inquisitor like Heinrix, he can get next Psi rating at lvl 16 and 26 :D

With one helmet his psy rating can be upped by 2 points, so in the end he can be level 6, total beast.

Argenta found a Heavy Stubber in Act 3 and it made me wonder - why the hell have I been pissing about with Bolters?

It just feels wrong for Argenta not to have a Bolter though :(

std::namespace

UjEcIdy.png
7K9R7Oj.png

how is the stubber any better? 30% more from rate from talent doesnt boost it enough

Ramnozack

Cipher
Patron
Bing image creator , for an easy prompt it is important to mention the painting style and repeat things, adding your favorite artist names inthe end help too :
an oil painting grimdark warhammer 40k style glorified scene of a space marine fat nerd in warhammer 40K with "RPGCODEX" written on his armor fighting an horde of giant cockroaches, 4K, ultra detailed

GYV5Rj2.jpg
Truly Glorious
_a0df0dca-c82b-46b1-80d0-4cf8ecb5b20c.jpg

Mortmal

Arcane

GYV5Rj2.jpg
Truly Glorious
View attachment 44999
NOHwqZZ.jpg

Rhobar121

Scholar
I see Owlcat couldn't help himself and went back to his shitty encounter design.
You start surrounded by enemies and when the enemy gets his turn, at least one character kills you and you can't do anything about it.
I would love to send all the idiots responsible for the game design to Ukraine and let them sit in the trenches because they are not fit for anything else.

Qd9V9og.jpg

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

Shaki

Arbiter
flat dmg from versatility
isnt concentrated fire a multiplier? its not flat
different ability?
Versatility is an Arch-Militant mechanic, it gives infinitely stacking bonuses to WS/BS and + WS/2 or BS/2 flat bonus to damage, this is how you make burst fire do hundreds of dmg per shot

Wait, this still hasn't been patched? Lol
I doubt they're going to patch it any time soon. It's not a bug, just incredibly stupid design decision, and I doubt we'll see any balance changes before they fix actual bugs, which will probably take like a year.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
I assume the absurd amount of stacks on Versatility has to be a bug. You can easily get 100+ stacks of it, coupled with officer shenanigans, an Arch Militant can cheese encounters.

Anyways I paused my playthrough. Going to wait for it to bake in the oven some more. There's not much point trying to guess what is bugged and what isn't.

Rhobar121

Scholar
different ability?
Versatility is an Arch-Militant mechanic, it gives infinitely stacking bonuses to WS/BS and + WS/2 or BS/2 flat bonus to damage, this is how you make burst fire do hundreds of dmg per shot

I doubt they're going to patch it any time soon. It's not a bug, just incredibly stupid design decision, and I doubt we'll see any balance changes before they fix actual bugs, which will probably take like a year.
I don't know about you, but it sounds like a bug to me.
The skill description says that when a player uses an attack type DIFFERENT than the previous one, he gets 1 stack. This means that if you get more than one stack it is a bug.
Burst attack should count as one use of the skill, and even if the game counted each bullet fired, each of them would still be of the same type.

uNrKUrx.png

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

GYV5Rj2.jpg
Truly Glorious
View attachment 44999
NOHwqZZ.jpg
Ho ho this bing is real good.
Space barbarian is go again.
OIG (1).jpeg

Reinhardt

Arcane
xenotech is ghey.

View attachment 44995
i prefer it close and personal. shotgun is to bring light of da emprah to unfortunate souls my priest still couldn't reach by the end ot turn 1 after my own and cassia momentum and arch-militant abilities. i like its nice attack pattern.

Oropay

Educated
The loading screens are bumming me out. Not game ruining, but why is there a loading screen going from one tiny ass low poly area to the next tiny ass low poly area? or why is there a loading screen going from the bridge to the starmap? and why is my 4070 under 100% load when I'm looking at the character's stats sheet and everything is (or could be) 2D? Obviously Unity is partially to blame (the game has all the Unity hallmarks), but I think Owlcat could have done better

ArchAngel

Arcane
different ability?

I don't know about you, but it sounds like a bug to me.
The skill description says that when a player uses an attack type DIFFERENT than the previous one, he gets 1 stack. This means that if you get more than one stack it is a bug.
Burst attack should count as one use of the skill, and even if the game counted each bullet fired, each of them would still be of the same type.

uNrKUrx.png
Yes, you get 2 stacks instead of one and game does not force you to do single attacks in the middle of bursts. Still I do not see a way to get to state to do over 200 damage per bullet. After few turns Argenta usually has 25+ stacks and does 30+ damage per bullet with heavy bolter. I can boost it to 50 per bullet with Inspire but not sure how people get to 200+ per bullet and how many turns that takes and how they have not won by then.

Parabalus

Arcane
xenotech is ghey.

Be an inquisitor like Heinrix, he can get next Psi rating at lvl 16 and 26 :D

With one helmet his psy rating can be upped by 2 points, so in the end he can be level 6, total beast.
There's also a neck and chest for +3.

Also a psyker talent which gives a stacking +1 but it was bugged.

Harthwain

Magister
The loading screens are bumming me out. Not game ruining, but why is there a loading screen going from one tiny ass low poly area to the next tiny ass low poly area?
Because this is a modern Neverwinter Nights (2002). I am not joking, the game gives me serious Neverwinter Nights vibes. Both positively and negatively.

It turns out you have to pay Profit Factor for respeccing characters at some point. That's it. I am giving the game a thumb down. It's not the only reason obviously, but there are enough stupid design decisions piled together that this one was the last straw for me. Owlcat should get their shit together, because I am done with excuses.

ArchAngel

Arcane
The loading screens are bumming me out. Not game ruining, but why is there a loading screen going from one tiny ass low poly area to the next tiny ass low poly area?
Because this is a modern Neverwinter Nights (2002). I am not joking, the game gives me serious Neverwinter Nights vibes. Both positively and negatively.

It turns out you have to pay Profit Factor for respeccing characters at some point. That's it. I am giving the game a thumb down. It's not the only reason obviously, but there are enough stupid design decisions piled together that this one was the last straw for me. Owlcat should get their shit together, because I am done with excuses.
You always had to pay something to respec characters in their previous games. PF is fairly easily obtained and this prevents you from respecing all the time. Respec is a decline mechanic anyways, only implemented for crybabies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom