Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming September 24th

std::namespace

3syP9Mr.png

> YOU JUST KNOW.... what smell has captured its attention
lkK56dL.jpeg

Rhobar121

Scholar
It turns out that pyromancy does something. Choose molten beam and backdraft and watch everything that is not resistant to fire melt as long as you hit at least 2 targets.
I have no idea how the game calculate but my psi rating is 4.
Mr4CDF5.png

edit: Also this skill is bugged and sometimes sets fire to targets that shouldn't be set on fire

Last edited:

BrotherFrank

Nouveau Riche
Patron
Random rant about chap 5 stuff so spoilers aplenty.

The bit where you enter an anomaly and meet parallel versions of your Rogue Trader was a great setup and concept.
Chatting with them to see how you handled different situations and companions then butting in was fun. When the dogmatic RT listed his various deeds of badessary my space wolf was practically in love and having to slap himself not to switch sides and muttering himself that my icolonoclast RT might be a total pussy but he was still his sworn leader.
So you got the hype building up and you're thinking ok maybe the game will pick up out of nowhere and this will be the hook for chap 5 as you work or fight with the alt RTs to reach the big bad.

Instead what happens is you get no choices to make and they all just agree to gang up on you (which doesn't make sense for a variety of rp reasons) and force a fight your argenta or cassia will probably clear on turn 1 if they are properly built.
Wtf why would you waste something cool like this on a throwaway pointless fight?

Darkwind

Augur
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is.
It's interesting to me fextralife isn't putting out any content besides a review of this game when the channel put out so many WoTR videos
Fextralife is a cancer that's just here to get clicks and traffic, not share anything resembling accurate information beyond what can generate moar clicks and traffic. If something isn't popular, they ditch it lightning fast, and even if it is popular they don't care beyond the bare minimum necessary to generate revenue.

Not to mention the whole alleged paying bots to downvote mentions of non Fextra sites, the forced video plays in their webpages to generate views, etc.

The fact that they are the first hit on Google and have the shittiest most incomplete Wiki imaginable is very telling, isn't it?

REhorror

Educated
This is THE game where Owlcat makes story companions worth playing due to their unique skills and synergy.
I hope they continue this.

It's so fun to synergy you, Cassia, Argenta and Pascal. Even Abelard can help due to the Get to Cover skills and tanking.

Though I think I haven't found a good build for the elf yet, probably should respec her as an assassin.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I finally got Ulfar late last night and now I got a task to level him up from 20 to 33 today. Any advice on what works with him?
He seems to be built for melee but has dual wielding and only one knife so I guess you are supposed to use that bolter that comes with him.
He seems to be more melee focused from what I have seen so I guess I can try to make him a tank even with his class not being Warrior or Vanguard.
I got a multimelta from some previous event/quest and I brought that into act 3 to give it to him, with Archmilitant -1 AP for heavy weapons talent he can have a decent AoE with huge armor pierce for 2 AP.

I am not sure if I should be taking Arch Militant perks for melee attacks that give bonuses to ranged attacks but it seems that is what he is built for. Also seems that reckless will be critical as his movepoints are crap and reckless gives bonus move points.
And of course bugs 1 minute after getting him. I put on his armor and it shows in inventory but out of inventory he is still naked :D

Zariusz

Arbiter
Im pleasantly suprised with this game's companions, i really like Abelard, Pasqal and Argenta, i always have them on missions. Cassia is also present but she is like a combination of team mascot and a nuclear bomb considering her effectiveness in battle. Heinrix is ok but he is mostly there for that Inquisitor lore perspective and to fill psyker void since Nigira got offed after she started summoning dead spirits from the warp.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Im pleasantly suprised with this game's companions, i really like Abelard, Pasqal and Argenta, i always have them on missions. Cassia is also present but she is like a combination of team mascot and a nuclear bomb considering her effectiveness in battle. Heinrix is ok but he is mostly there for that Inquisitor lore perspective and to fill psyker void since Nigira got offed after she started summoning dead spirits from the warp.
I like how Cassia also tells you the truth about people you talk to. Like she basically spoilt who is guilty for events that start Act 3 before it happens. And she did it often in previous acts as well. She is like Detect Evil spell from paladin.

Harthwain

Magister
I like how Cassia also tells you the truth about people you talk to. Like she basically spoilt who is guilty for events that start Act 3 before it happens. And she did it often in previous acts as well. She is like Detect Evil spell from paladin.
Meanwhile Idira is Warhammer 40K's equivalent of Deanna Troi - what she says is either super obvious or completely useless. It saddens me she is the only character who has access to the cool staff Vision of Death.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It's interesting to me fextralife isn't putting out any content besides a review of this game when the channel put out so many WoTR videos
Fextralife is a cancer that's just here to get clicks and traffic, not share anything resembling accurate information beyond what can generate moar clicks and traffic. If something isn't popular, they ditch it lightning fast, and even if it is popular they don't care beyond the bare minimum necessary to generate revenue.

Not to mention the whole alleged paying bots to downvote mentions of non Fextra sites, the forced video plays in their webpages to generate views, etc.

The fact that they are the first hit on Google and have the shittiest most incomplete Wiki imaginable is very telling, isn't it?

Yeah that's immensely irritating. I hate Fextralife for that reason alone.

Rhobar121

Scholar

Yeah that's immensely irritating. I hate Fextralife for that reason alone.
Practically the only wikis that are relatively complete are those with games from From Software.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Meanwhile Idira is Warhammer 40K's equivalent of Deanna Troi - what she says is either super obvious or completely useless. It saddens me she is the only character who has access to the cool staff Vision of Death.
Grab Divination Ability with Heinrix and he will also have the access :D

Rhobar121

Scholar
It's a shame to waste slots on this, considering how powerful Santic's skills are. Also, Emperor's Wrath is incredibly strong for him.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Eh I must say that due to all the bugs with quests and talents there many other problems I am not even talking about.
Way too many loading screens and they take too long. And this is on Xbox X that has very fast disks and it is built around fast loading.
Then UI is a mess. So much missing info. For example spells do not say their school and if they are minor or major. Space stuff UI is missing so much info and useful stuff. Like when I explored areas I should know without entering if I put extractors on resources on planets, currently it only shows if there are resources.
Also space battles, it does not show there are space battles in area that you left for another time but also in some places it says space battle but there is nothing there. Also some other stuff. There is a system where I found some Tech-Priests that would exchange fuel for rewards, later when I got more fuel I cannot find them again..

Space travel exploration and event system keeps mentioning crew like they are some important resources and but there is no gameplay effect for it. It seems like some cut content done badly. Like when it says it was terrible and we lost 1/3 of the crew and then no effect at all for it..

Rhobar121

Scholar
Eh I must say that due to all the bugs with quests and talents there many other problems I am not even talking about.
Way too many loading screens and they take too long. And this is on Xbox X that has very fast disks and it is built around fast loading.
Then UI is a mess. So much missing info. For example spells do not say their school and if they are minor or major. Space stuff UI is missing so much info and useful stuff. Like when I explored areas I should know without entering if I put extractors on resources on planets, currently it only shows if there are resources.
Also space battles, it does not show there are space battles in area that you left for another time but also in some places it says space battle but there is nothing there. Also some other stuff. There is a system where I found some Tech-Priests that would exchange fuel for rewards, later when I got more fuel I cannot find them again..

Space travel exploration and event system keeps mentioning crew like they are some important resources and but there is no gameplay effect for it. It seems like some cut content done badly. Like when it says it was terrible and we lost 1/3 of the crew and then no effect at all for it..
It's also not perfect on a PC with SSD. Sometimes it can take up to a minute to load for some reason.

ArchAngel

Arcane

It's also not perfect on a PC with SSD. Sometimes it can take up to a minute to load for some reason.
Oh and battle UI is also a mess. Damage previews has nothing to do with the true damage, AoE for both offensive and buff often show wrong who will be affected when you cast them. I had so many casts that did nothing but spent AP..

Harthwain

Magister
Oh, I see. It isn't that he is Unsanctioned Psyker. He does not have Telepathy.

Also, Eldar weapons are OP. A Deadeye Shot that costs 1 AP? And a critical hit allows you to attack AGAIN? If I didn't take Plasma Weapon Proficiency I'd take that one instead Nevermind, I will have to wait until 22 level to take the skill to use xenotech, so I might keep usig Plasma in the meantime. Also, a one-handed sword that deals more damage than a two-handed sword and has 30% armour penetration (versus 10%)? In the game of numbers it almost beats even the Thunder Hammer.

Rhobar121

Scholar
Another thing that's stupid is if you reach level 10, 20 and so on the game won't let you choose a psi rating at that level. Because of this, you have to wait 1 or more levels to be able to select this talent.
Interestingly, if you reset the talents, you will normally be able to choose the psi rating as you should at level 10, 20, 30 and 40

ArchAngel

Arcane
Nice math Owlcat
ZAvC6Bn.png
I've reported a bunch of these bugs where damage shown is not fitting the formula shown. And it is anyone guess which one of those is wrong :D

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom