Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
Found this bug and reported it to the team - they say it should be fixed in the next patch. They say that you'll just need to take the shuttle at the monastery. I got it that you've already managed to move further, so I’m just reporting

To give further insight into this:

I had the misconception that the CSM fight should be in the monastery which I now know is not the case, the real issue began in the discussion with Heinrix on the Voidship, it was severely cut short only showing the first text box before black screen. After that I could go everywhere including the Bunker and had not way of interacting with the governor.

I want to point out that I am on the Heretic route and I seemingly failed the skill check for the shard on Aurora (in fact there was no such option at all, Heinrix just took the shard) the issue may be there somewhere as well.

2018 Kingmaker
2021 Wrath
2023 Rogue Trader
2025 Ravenloft?????ß
Plus multiple DLC, Enhanceds and of course fixes in between.

In that same time, Electronic Arts had held two major emergency meetings. Topic: What should we be doing with EA RPG-Likes (aka Bioware) next exactly.

:incline:

Israfael

Arcane
Anyway, this game manages to nerf "casters" in relation to P&P more than nwn2.
How were casters nerfed in nwn2? They even added bootleg spells like premonition, lesser greater missile storm etc as well as bootleg Time domain for cleric (permahaste ahoy) which were super OP as compared to anything you get at the respective caster levels

ArchAngel

Arcane
The game is running great on Xbox.
:prosper:
I am also playing on Xbox and for me it is better.
1. Xbox is much cheaper than PC of similar power, also games are better optimized as they know exactly what hardware people are using.
2. I got bad back and shoulder pains, I cannot play games on M&K anymore without suffering. I can maybe last 1h of intense playing before pain becomes nasty.
3. My eyes are going bad but I do not want to get glasses yet so games with lot of reading are easier with bigger font on a big TV instead of PC monitors.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Anyway, this game manages to nerf "casters" in relation to P&P more than nwn2.
How were casters nerfed in nwn2? They even added bootleg spells like premonition, lesser greater missile storm etc as well as bootleg Time domain for cleric (permahaste ahoy) which were super OP as compared to anything you get at the respective caster levels

Acid fog, cloudkill and fire wall has half of P&P duration and many of this type of spells in P&P ignore SR, in game don't. Black tentacles in P&P scale with caster level to hit enemies and in game, has a fix +5 BAB and would't hit anything with AC > 25. Many spell durations got nerfed from one min / level to one round / level, eg - Control undead, Deathward, etc. And many more here > https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn2/script/spell-fixes-and-improvements

But this game did even more. It removed everything interesting and nerfed beyond uselessness what remained. Foir eg, control in P&P is like Dominate Person in D&D. In this game is a minor movement control from a single round. Fire Storm in P&P can dish massive damage in a huge area, in game, requires two turns to spread your ignite which deals less damage than flame weapon into more enemies.

In P&P, many powers come with descriptions like "more devastating than a meltagun" like incinerate in page 176. Nothing in this game can reach 1/3 of the damage from weapons.

This is why I was using mostly a plasma pistol + force sword as an Psyker. And eventually lost the interest in the game.

Aarwolf

Learned
One thing the game is lacking is the lack of insight from the player's background. As Navy Officer I should be given a foreknowledge about certain aspects of space travel, but oddly enough I do not and I have to ask about it, like some clueless idiot.

Same with voidborn - I felt like a total idiot/dork for questioning Vox Master Vigdis and Helmsman Ravor about being one and how is to be one while being voidborn myself. No one noticed and no one acknowledged it. Owlcat_Eyler can you kindly say a word about this to the devs?

Do you remember those inmates you had the option of saving in Act 1? Well if you did save them, later on you get to talk with one of the vendors from the Fellowship of the Void and they offer you a 5% discount once you bring it up. However, it's bugged and instead of getting a 5% discount all of the items they offer are +5 more expensive.

Maybe Ryzza never liked her ol' grandpa whatshisname and lied to you about the discount. It's not a bug, it's immersion!

Last edited:

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Aha! Discovered a neat trick. In the ongoing saga of me trying to make my beloved Crime Lord/Officer work at least to some basic functional level, my initial idea had been to make him Voidborn because I liked the look of the luck passive and Jinx, and it fit one of the portraits and the wee swashbuckling story I had in my head. But then I felt I needed the strong early bump to Fellowship from Imperial for the bonus to the Officer things, so I re-rolled for a bit as an Imperial.

But then I discovered (what I'd stupidly overlooked the first time) that Voidborn has the Be Smart talent, which allows a character to use INT instead of Fellowship for Fellowship bonus checks, which is basically most of the important Officer ability bonus checks (and on checking infos in-game it does seem to work). Which means I can build as a swashbuckling Crime Lord much more comfortably and not worry about Fellowship as a stat. Be Smart doesn't affect skill checks, so unfortunately I can't be a very persuasive, etc., character, but on the other hand I can do INT-based lores well, and with the high INT I can be a passable skill monkey (e.g. tech, medicine) if I'm not taking Pasqal, and since I can't ever see not taking Cassie, who's already starting to get absurdly OP, and since she's got decent Fellowship, she can handle the Persuasion medium-well - and after all, as the other recent thread has been talking about, it can get a bit boring and xp-reducing when you can pass every bloody Persuasion check!

So I've rerolled for a third time (second time was a Sanctic Psyker/Officer for a bit, just to see what all the fuss is about - but he's on the back burner, because although it's pretty obvious that he's going to be ridiculously OP at some point, probably the perfect Officer combo actually, I really want to play as my initial rp inspiration character, come hell or high water).

The ironic thing is that I hardly ever get to do any swashbuckling since me and Cassie are so busy giving Argenta enough extra sniper turns to wipe most of the map before the mobs even have a chance to do anything much :)

But I suppose that might change, especially as Cassie gets into the swing of things and can wipe maps by herself, or I get bored with those neat tricks and try other things :)

ArchAngel

Arcane
Owlcat_Eyler Gas Granade is bugged and does nothing except for the damage when you throw it and it hit people

It's literally a pebble right now
Yes, when I previously reported that its gas spread on top and bottom of 6 tile stairs I noticed that it did nothing to either enemy or my guys :D

ArchAngel

Arcane
Aha! Discovered a neat trick. In the ongoing saga of me trying to make my beloved Crime Lord/Officer work at least to some basic functional level, my initial idea had been to make him Voidborn because I liked the look of the luck passive and Jinx, and it fit one of the portraits and the wee swashbuckling story I had in my head. But then I felt I needed the strong early bump to Fellowship from Imperial for the bonus to the Officer things, so I re-rolled for a bit as an Imperial.

But then I discovered (what I'd stupidly overlooked the first time) that Voidborn has the Be Smart talent, which allows a character to use INT instead of Fellowship for Fellowship bonus checks, which is basically most of the important Officer ability bonus checks (and on checking infos in-game it does seem to work). Which means I can build as a swashbuckling Crime Lord much more comfortably and not worry about Fellowship as a stat. Be Smart doesn't affect skill checks, so unfortunately I can't be a very persuasive, etc., character, but on the other hand I can do INT-based lores well, and with the high INT I can be a passable skill monkey (e.g. tech, medicine) if I'm not taking Pasqal, and since I can't ever see not taking Cassie, who's already starting to get absurdly OP, and since she's got decent Fellowship, she can handle the Persuasion medium-well - and after all, as the other recent thread has been talking about, it can get a bit boring and xp-reducing when you can pass every bloody Persuasion check!

So I've rerolled for a third time (second time was a Sanctic Psyker/Officer for a bit, just to see what all the fuss is about - but he's on the back burner, because although it's pretty obvious that he's going to be ridiculously OP at some point, probably the perfect Officer combo actually, I really want to play as my initial rp inspiration character, come hell or high water).

The ironic thing is that I hardly ever get to do any swashbuckling since me and Cassie are so busy giving Argenta enough extra sniper turns to wipe most of the map before the mobs even have a chance to do anything much :)

But I suppose that might change, especially as Cassie gets into the swing of things and can wipe maps by herself, or I get bored with those neat tricks and try other things :)
Sniper seems to be one of the rare weapons that is dependable. I was thinking of doing the same but I wanted to RP her as SoB going into battle with a Bolter :(

My main uses a sniper and unless he misses those 95% attacks he usually one shots most enemies. Cassie job is to give him additional rounds to he can murder more targets from far away. Operator is perfect for this although Run and Gun if I assume right should also let you attack again with a sniper?!

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron

The Forge world origin allows for fellowship tests with Int as well and get some neat combat bonuses on top.

ArchAngel

Arcane
BTW if anyone is trying to play damage Psykers, it seems Run and Gun lets you cast two spells per turn..

std::namespace

woah woah woah... im suddently tempted to download this and become a cuck faggot like you people...
yn4x7gD.png

TB2gTfn.png

G01fr4D.png

yTbSoOb.png

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
I almost considered playing this earlier than my usual wait time for Owlcat releases (1 year minimum, 2 years prefered), since I thought maybe with a less complicated ruleset the bugs would be less aggravating. I see my patience has once again paid off

2018 Kingmaker
2021 Wrath
2023 Rogue Trader
2025 Ravenloft?????ß
owlcat will never get an official wizards product

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
woah woah woah... im suddently tempted to download this and become a cuck faggot like you people...

It's like wrath though, there is barely any effect up till now nearing end of chapter two regarding your convictions.
Will most likely diverge in the last chapter.

Shaja

Educated
If there is a door locked and you fail on Tech:Use. Just keep insisting clicking on Tech and will eventually accept you´re freaking annoying so will finnally open.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Operator is perfect for this although Run and Gun if I assume right should also let you attack again with a sniper?!

Yeah you can get 3 attacks per turn and with high enough shooting skills they will be 95%

Cassia with a Longlas even in Hard is also pretty decent with sniper

In general burst weapon like Bolters are good for big sized enemies as they have very high chance to hit. For weak group of mobs, true aoe weapon like Shotgun, Flamers, charged Plasma is better.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
I almost considered playing this earlier than my usual wait time for Owlcat releases (1 year minimum, 2 years prefered), since I thought maybe with a less complicated ruleset the bugs would be less aggravating. I see my patience has once again paid off

2018 Kingmaker
2021 Wrath
2023 Rogue Trader
2025 Ravenloft?????ß
owlcat will never get an official wizards product
They could make "Crow's Attic", a horror themed RPG based on the 5E SRD.

std::namespace

fug it, downloading... DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOOO!!!?

Death is close enough! Why Wait?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom