Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Warhammer 40,000: Rogue Trader - turn-based Warhammer 40k RPG from Owlcat Games - Void Shadows DLC coming August 8th

Rhobar121

Scholar
Would be nice to get a game you don't have to wait 4 years of patching for.
True. But if I have the choice between this, and a polished turd like mass effect, I vastly prefer this.
Wait a few more years until Owlcat releases its russian Mass Effect and you may still regret it.

HumanMech

Literate
Favorite games of 2023 by Owlcat :smug:
Q3XcRQso4lg.jpg

GloomFrost

Arcane
To people who moan about bugs, I know its frustrating and could potentially be game breaking but COME ON!! Its not nearly on the same level of unfinished as Gothic 3 or KOTOR 2 or even third act in BG 3. Not even close. And devs have already released 2 patches so its a lot smoother at the moment.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
To people who moan about bugs, I know its frustrating and could potentially be game breaking but COME ON!! Its not nearly on the same level of unfinished as Gothic 3 or KOTOR 2 or even third act in BG 3. Not even close. And devs have already released 2 patches so its a lot smoother at the moment.
Why do you think its not as bad as 3rd Act in BG3?

havox

Novice
I'm throwing in the towel middle of chapter 2 after acquiring the second colony, the game is too shit.
The land combat is move and shoot x-com but worse and so trivial game journalists probably find it easy, at no point any of my characters had lost more than 10% wounds on core difficulty.
The ship combat is somehow worse than PoE2 which I didn't think was possible, the UI is cancer, even moving among systems getting resources somehow manages to be worse than Mass Effect 1.
The companions are garbage, the plot is chasing cartoonishly evil cultists/demons, and the game mechanics make no sense. You're supposedly ultra-rich and influential and yet factions refuse to deal with you. You have to scoop shit off the floor to bribe them to sell you things. You are ultra-rich but can barely afford repairing your ship on a very limited resource and keep running out of resource extractors.
Despite the amazing setting this game has no redeeming qualities, the only good thing was the space pirate inheritance side-quest. This is so bad it makes Shadowrun Returns look good, Jesus. I pirated this game and still feel robbed.
Phew, after doing the old man yelling at clouds routine I feel better. Thanks rpgcodex.

jf8350143

Liturgist
I like this game way better than BG3, but saying act 4 and act 5 is not as bad as third act of BG 3 is totaly bullshit.

I can finish BG 3 at launch, and the bug only breaks side quests, while in rogue trader I have to wait for patches before I can even receive the main quests of act 4.

And my melee build is still fucking useless after chapter 2 because they havn't fix the bug yet.

GloomFrost

Arcane
Why do you think its not as bad as 3rd Act in BG3?
Mostly because of the amount of time BG 3 spent in EA and budget differences. But also my personal experience. I simply encountered way more bugs in 3rd Act of BG3 then in 4th Act in RT. Mind you I am lucky enough to play Act 4 after the yesterdays patch.

GloomFrost

Arcane
I like this game way better than BG3, but saying act 4 and act 5 is not as bad as third act of BG 3 is totaly bullshit.

I can finish BG 3 at launch, and the bug only breaks side quests, while in rogue trader I have to wait for patches before I can even receive the main quests of act 4.
I am progressing just fine through Act 4 right now. Sorry man. :positive:

Reinhardt

Arcane

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
OWLCAT will you fix the fucking Seize the Initiative bug already. I want to get on to Act 3 so I can face even worse bugs.
It's fixed already, as far as I know
And how far do ye know?
And how do you feel about being no Barbarians in RT?
My rogue trader is the barbarian.
fellow death world person?
:bro:

ArchAngel

Arcane

And my melee build is still fucking useless after chapter 2 because they havn't fix the bug yet.
What bug? Did you report it?

ArchAngel

Arcane
OWLCAT will you fix the fucking Seize the Initiative bug already. I want to get on to Act 3 so I can face even worse bugs.
And how far do ye know?
How does that make you a barbarian?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
And how far do ye know?
How does that make you a barbarian?
Not in isolation it don't.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I'm throwing in the towel middle of chapter 2 after acquiring the second colony, the game is too shit.
The land combat is move and shoot x-com but worse and so trivial game journalists probably find it easy, at no point any of my characters had lost more than 10% wounds on core difficulty.
The ship combat is somehow worse than PoE2 which I didn't think was possible, the UI is cancer, even moving among systems getting resources somehow manages to be worse than Mass Effect 1.
The companions are garbage, the plot is chasing cartoonishly evil cultists/demons, and the game mechanics make no sense. You're supposedly ultra-rich and influential and yet factions refuse to deal with you. You have to scoop shit off the floor to bribe them to sell you things. You are ultra-rich but can barely afford repairing your ship on a very limited resource and keep running out of resource extractors.
Despite the amazing setting this game has no redeeming qualities, the only good thing was the space pirate inheritance side-quest. This is so bad it makes Shadowrun Returns look good, Jesus. I pirated this game and still feel robbed.
Phew, after doing the old man yelling at clouds routine I feel better. Thanks rpgcodex.
Up the difficulty to Daring or Hard if you find Core too easy. I read from beta game is easier than WotR so I started on Hard.
Ship combat is way better than PoE2 which I played and finished about 1 year ago. It is not even close. But you need to get some levels for your ship to unlock some skills. At first it does seem very simple and leveling up the ship takes a long time (which is hilarious since you get level ups for characters at least twice per day of playing). On Hard almost every ship battle I was part of forced me to take into account every little decision to win and it would still take me few tries (and some I skipped and will come back to once I got better gear or more level ups).
Getting resources more shit than ME1? Now you are just trolling.
If you are half way into Act 2 plot is getting your new trade empire up and running after cultists tried to take it all down. Companions are up to personal preference, but I would not call them shit. Compared to previous Owlcat games and Larian games and almost every other game in last 10-15 years they are good.
I do agree that you being ultra rich is not presented well but not in the way you are complaining. Your character should have a ship armory that gives you access to every existing weapon and armor but in its most basic version. It should also give you access to weaker version of medkits in unlimited amounts and some other stuff.
Major factions in the system not wanting to give you their special items without you being known to them and powerful enough after you were a nobody just few days ago was done well. You are not buying basic stuff from them but their special items.
Resource extractors are special tools, not available to just anyone and there is no mass production of those items. Maybe there should be easier access to those but I would force your to buy them with permanent PF reduction so you need to sacrifice something for it. Also with them being limited, it forces you to not just put one on every extracting node you run into. You need to be smart and tactical.
Tnx for your useless rant. You shown yourself being incapable of using your brain.
I guess you now have more time to play Bear Sex 3 or StarShit.

jf8350143

Liturgist

Arch militant's versaility and inspire form master tactian doesn't work on single target. I mentioned here already, and I've reported the bug to owlcat.

havox

Novice
I guess you now have more time to play Bear Sex 3 or StarShit.
Hey, at least Baldurs Gay 3 was good for the memes. This is more boring than my boring job. But glad that you could enjoy this, wish my standards were this low. 2023 sucked for RPGs but at least Thief: Black Parade just released so there's that. Might as well replay 2X for old times sake too while at it.

ArchAngel

Arcane

Arch militant's versaility and inspire form master tactian doesn't work on single target. I mentioned here already, and I've reported the bug to owlcat.
Just switch to burst weapon until it is fixed :D
You do not even need to respec.

Togukawa

Savant
Patron

BG3 falls apart narratively in the third act. It's utter shit and will forever remain utter shit.

I hope that act4 and 5 of rogue trader will eventually be significantly better, once they're actually playable.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom