Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer 40,000: SPACE MARINE 2 by Saber Interactive - Titus takes on the Tyranids

In typical corpo fashion, they made each main character a different colour, except they are all, in truth, white guys. Why bother making a black and an Asian dude when they’re completely indistinguishable in every way except their faces from a white? It’s fake diversity which is even more loathsome than the regular kind. I want my black guy to be jive talking and I want my Asian guy to be dropping some ancient wisdom with the classic accent. The game has a general problem where the voices do not match the characters at all. I found it very jarring. Then there’s the woman commander lady that looks like an old Russian granny took hgh and got beat with an ugly stick. Sigh.

The faces are actually a running joke in Warhammer 40k, because they are modelled after white faces, and that is why the Salamanders are described as being black-skinned due to a peculiarity of the Primarch and an adaptation to their home planet, but not black as in race. The woman commander looked to me like a middle-aged street-shitter. It's a shame we didn't get a good looking one like in the first game.

There is no grit to the characters at all and there is a general plastic, cartoonish feel to the graphics which I find displeasing. Especially the faces. Actually, reminds me of the warhammer toys that you glue together and paint but just because it’s based on toys doesn’t mean everyone in the video game has to look like toys. The main villain is strikingly goofy looking and impossible to take seriously. Later in the game, we enter the realm of purple and cyan particle effects. Typical of modern games, the too colourful, too bright, overdone magical spell graphics combined with overly smooth textures make the game have a childish atmosphere that I hate with all my heart. Especially the fucking PURPLE. I have had enough purple in video games now to last 100 lifetimes. I wish I could jab something into my eyes that would remove my ability to perceive purple.

Captain Acheran's face is modelled after the Captain in Phobos Armour miniature (look it up), and I'm pretty sure there are more. The colorful aspect is there because it's a realistic take on what the tabletop game looks like. Also, if you go outside you'll notice that the world is full of colour. Nobody wants to play some desaturated colour shit that looks like you left it in the tailpipe of a running truck and then you shoved it up the ass and shat it out, or like a chain-smoker's apartment. The brown and grey palette from 20 years ago was there to conceal technical shortcomings of graphics (mostly consoles') hardware, or because some Steven Spielberg cargo cultism. The purple and cyan chaos shit is lore accurate, I don't get WTF are you complaining about. It looks like you were expecting Gears of War or another generic brown game, but that's not what this is.

I don’t pretend to understand what was going on in the story. The meatheads say a bunch of soldier brotherhood stuff and go around blowing up aliens. I wonder what these guys are even fighting for, haven’t seen a single nice place to live where you could go settle down and raise your family. Just let the insects have this shitty galaxy imo.

Man, it's Warhammer 40k, not some gay shit. The Space Marines are essentially superhuman warrior monks, they aren't going to raise a family. The aliens are out there to eat you and the whole planet, you aren't going to give them an inch. The people who raise families live huddled together in megastructures and eat recycled dead people for lunch. It's like playing a LotR game and not understanding why they don't give the shitty ring to the gentlemen in black and go back home and raise a family. Purge and cleanse, motherfucker.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
So chaos marines are basically the far left of the Warhammer 40k universe. They're the dick smoking mentally ill hippy bastards who whine on twitter and retardera, etc. Do I have that right?

lightbane

Arcane
Slaaneshi cultists are the final evolution of wokes, so yes. They're even non-binari/hermaphrodites/freaky horrors with narcicistic tendencies!

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So chaos marines are basically the far left of the Warhammer 40k universe. They're the dick smoking mentally ill hippy bastards who whine on twitter and retardera, etc. Do I have that right?
They are either backstabbing bitches who keep making plans within plans and calling magic for help, absolute sensory degenerates who will do anything for that next extremity of feeling, absolute disease ridden filth, or completely bloodthirsty psychos who need to kill more and more. So yeah, you're close to the mark.

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
In typical corpo fashion, they made each main character a different colour, except they are all, in truth, white guys. Why bother making a black and an Asian dude when they’re completely indistinguishable in every way except their faces from a white? It’s fake diversity which is even more loathsome than the regular kind. I want my black guy to be jive talking and I want my Asian guy to be dropping some ancient wisdom with the classic accent. The game has a general problem where the voices do not match the characters at all. I found it very jarring. Then there’s the woman commander lady that looks like an old Russian granny took hgh and got beat with an ugly stick. Sigh.

The faces are actually a running joke in Warhammer 40k, because they are modelled after white faces, and that is why the Salamanders are described as being black-skinned due to a peculiarity of the Primarch and an adaptation to their home planet, but not black as in race. The woman commander looked to me like a middle-aged street-shitter. It's a shame we didn't get a good looking one like in the first game.

There is no grit to the characters at all and there is a general plastic, cartoonish feel to the graphics which I find displeasing. Especially the faces. Actually, reminds me of the warhammer toys that you glue together and paint but just because it’s based on toys doesn’t mean everyone in the video game has to look like toys. The main villain is strikingly goofy looking and impossible to take seriously. Later in the game, we enter the realm of purple and cyan particle effects. Typical of modern games, the too colourful, too bright, overdone magical spell graphics combined with overly smooth textures make the game have a childish atmosphere that I hate with all my heart. Especially the fucking PURPLE. I have had enough purple in video games now to last 100 lifetimes. I wish I could jab something into my eyes that would remove my ability to perceive purple.

Captain Acheran's face is modelled after the Captain in Phobos Armour miniature (look it up), and I'm pretty sure there are more. The colorful aspect is there because it's a realistic take on what the tabletop game looks like. Also, if you go outside you'll notice that the world is full of colour. Nobody wants to play some desaturated colour shit that looks like you left it in the tailpipe of a running truck and then you shoved it up the ass and shat it out, or like a chain-smoker's apartment. The brown and grey palette from 20 years ago was there to conceal technical shortcomings of graphics (mostly consoles') hardware, or because some Steven Spielberg cargo cultism. The purple and cyan chaos shit is lore accurate, I don't get WTF are you complaining about. It looks like you were expecting Gears of War or another generic brown game, but that's not what this is.

I don’t pretend to understand what was going on in the story. The meatheads say a bunch of soldier brotherhood stuff and go around blowing up aliens. I wonder what these guys are even fighting for, haven’t seen a single nice place to live where you could go settle down and raise your family. Just let the insects have this shitty galaxy imo.

Man, it's Warhammer 40k, not some gay shit. The Space Marines are essentially superhuman warrior monks, they aren't going to raise a family. The aliens are out there to eat you and the whole planet, you aren't going to give them an inch. The people who raise families live huddled together in megastructures and eat recycled dead people for lunch. It's like playing a LotR game and not understanding why they don't give the shitty ring to the gentlemen in black and go back home and raise a family. Purge and cleanse, motherfucker.
stfu nerd

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Did this shit really just happen?

The sniper was clearly aiming for me. That is the most crazy realistic thing I've seen a shooter do in forever. Enemy NPC friendly fire.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
Shitposter
Finished the campaign. I'll give it a 8.5 which is pretty much best in class. The shooting is fantastic, like top tier. Melee combat feels retarded but whatever. I hated the final boss and thought the first half of the campaign was better (killing Tyranids feels more satisfying than killing Chaos Marines because of blood and guts). Story and characters were rad fuck yeah. Game rules. If you have a vag don't bother playing it.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom