Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Now Live!

Morkar Left

Since when can user delete their threads and most importantly why can they do that? Codex starts to alienate me...
Dunno but I can un-delete it. Bring it back to life.
reanimator-scientist-hand-grab.jpg

Please do it, at least in retardo land. There were some amusing AND interesting posts.

jagged-jimmy

Prophet
Codex 2012
Came back from work (working in another city) and pleged 70$. Almost jizzed my pants at Wednesday seeing how well it goes. This is amazing BROs!
Thats what the publishers seem to ignore - guys who played games 10-15 years ago are now dudes with jobs and money and nostalgia for old-school products. They just don't want our money. No other market gets ignored in such a way...
Anyway - :love:

Repressed Homosexual
I wasn't a fan of trying every skill everywhere at random to figure out what to do. I understand that it's something supposed to make the game more PnP like, which is great, but I think there generally needs to be somewhat more hinting in order to make such a gameplay system not a frustrating trial-and-error fest (especially skills like perception). Or maybe the more detailed graphics will help. I also hope for more cohesiveness, because the game (a bit like Fallout 2) was seemingly more of an excuse for the designers to fit all the ideas they had for wacky post-nuclear stuff without necessarily integrating them well with one another.

hiver

The world isnt integrated, but yeah skills to use should be more logical to get a hint about.

Stabwound

Arcane
Damn, seems as though the kickstarter has fallen to a glacial crawl when compared to the first few days. Looks like it will be lucky to break 1.5 million when you consider the probably big jump like Double Fine had at the end. Looks like Brian Fargo needs to do more videos and whatnot.

Graph shameless stolen from Lexx and NMA:

XMDoo.png

Metro

Arcane
Beg Auditor
Not surprising. The people really interested in donating did so up front. They'll still hit $1.5 million which is pretty much their ideal amount. Didn't sound like they had much of a plan on what to do once they got past it.

Aeschylus

Swindler
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Past 1.5 million would probably be spent on cosmetic stuff. I'm sticking with my original prediction of around $2m. It'd probably pick up if they released more good videos and/or established more concrete things they will do at higher funding levels.

Oesophagus

Arcane
Yeah, I'm not really bothered about not having it on Linux and Mac. 2 M should be enough, don't really see the purpose of implementing small irrelevant shit

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
That's how all kickstarter projects behave bro, initial boom, stability, then a final push, usually fuelled by a new update or video, like Tim Schafer incluiding the T-Shirt and hyping the boxed version

A153g.png

Which mean unless a kickstart reach, or come very close to reaching, it's goal on the first days it wil probably fail. There is no hope for the Tactical Shooter guys...

They will probably overrun that budget, even with no voice acting. A year and a half seems like an awfully short dev time.
Not so...Fallout 1 was done in 3 years, but Tim Cain said the first year was mostly him alone working on the engine., without even having a defined story & setting.

Having 18 months to do a game that has a full team and money from the start in 2012 has to be easier than doing a game in 24 months with no money and a smaller team in 1996.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
I love the concept of Kickstarter. Death to shit publishers! Death to EA! Death to Activision!

GO FUCK YOURSELF BOBBY LOL!

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Having 18 months to do a game that has a full team and money from the start in 2012 has to be easier than doing a game in 24 months with no money and a smaller team in 1996.

Well, yes. And not to mention Fargo already stated he and Anderson basically have most of the game written already.

Lexx

Cipher
Damn, seems as though the kickstarter has fallen to a glacial crawl when compared to the first few days. Looks like it will be lucky to break 1.5 million when you consider the probably big jump like Double Fine had at the end. Looks like Brian Fargo needs to do more videos and whatnot.

Graph shameless stolen from Lexx and NMA:

XMDoo.png

It got a bit better already:
stats.png

Stabwound

Arcane
Nice. I seem to recall someone saying that Double Fine's kickstarter died off on weekends, and it looks like that is probably the case with WL2 as well.

hiver

Hey guise, dont worry Brian is on the case.

His latest tweet will surely bring in wagons of cash. Look at this:

I don't to ruin the surprise but yes the red ending is going to be great... so much better than the proposed pink one.

:lol:

Genius!

Unwanted

Frian Bargo

Kosmonaut's Alt
Wow! $1,399,804 pledged already. It's almost a given that Mr. Fargo will reach the 1.5M mark. Although the donation are almost to a halt, I'm pretty sure that the last few days and hours of the pledge the money influx will take a substantial hike. Banner Saga almost reached its objective too. Truly a nice week for independent games. Specially for independent RPGs.

Sincerely:

The Frian Bargo.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Not surprising. The people really interested in donating did so up front. They'll still hit $1.5 million which is pretty much their ideal amount. Didn't sound like they had much of a plan on what to do once they got past it.

I suspect most people will switch from the $15 tier to a more expensive tier later on, especially when the funding's ending.

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
It got a bit better already:
stats.png

I wish the X-axis was adjusted to show time elapsed rather than being split evenly at measurements taken at irregular intervals. In its present state, the graph doesn't give an accurate representation of how many $/hr the game is accumulating.

hiver

$1,419,320

80,680 to go...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom