Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Curious_Tongue

Larpfest
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Serpent in the Staglands Codex USB, 2014
I thought concept art was for pre-production.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Can we has Tetris inventory maybe?

That kind of inventory management is a bit of a hassle, but seeing those usually nicely made icons drawn to scale sitting in your grid inventory just makes me feel... whole.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Can we has Tetris inventory maybe?

That kind of inventory management is a bit of a hassle, but seeing those usually nicely made icons drawn to scale sitting in your grid inventory just makes me feel... whole.

Already confirmed.

I ASK INANE QUESTIONS

ITZ NEVER STOPS COOOMING
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
What I want to know is why nobody is crying to Bethesda, or pretty much every big company for outsourcing graphics to India or Russia or whatever. After all "It is a slippery slope because such practices open the door for cheap, and in the cases of some of those assets, free labor." And they're trying to act like inXile has made people offer free assets for the first time ever in the history of the internet when there were already plenty on the Unity store as there are all over other similar places.

Eh, it's just another gem from Kotaku school of gaming journalism.
He has to farm those views somehow, keep his persona in spotlight, keep himself relevant.
Creating a controversy out of nothing is one of the best ways of ensuing that. It's also way safer than tackling real issues.
Gotta love how that crowd got all SRS BUSINESS INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALISM in the past few months. Too bad they lack both talent and balls required to actually walk the walk.

Those are some pretty damn retarded questions:
Durr... why u have any kind of art direction and don't just accept anything???
Huurr... why u no buy random shit and instead ask people to make stuff specific for your game???

Well, whatchagonna do, these questions are designed for your average Joe who knows jack shit about crowdsourcing so that he can read them, nod to himself, and ask "yeah, what about creativity? I heard that creativity is important!". Tone > context and all that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.facebook.com/Ranger.HQ/posts/524231110959490

One thing we haven’t talked about so far is cutscenes. We want you playing the game rather than staring at cutscenes, but we’d also like to do an opening cutscene that sets up the history of the rangers including the events of Wasteland, a scene as part of our closing sequences and perhaps one mid-game cutscene. We have these written out, and we even have some great footage taken from the Wasteland Weekend to use in them. We’re not going to do expensive cinematics nor would we want to, but we’d like to get creative in the execution, find a way of doing them that is not too expensive but still aesthetically pleasing.

And what’s the best source of crazy creativity? You guys! In the comments, please share your ideas for art style, independent artists or directors that would do a great job conveying the Wasteland 2 feel without ruining the budget. We’ve seen some very cleverly done small films on YouTube, and we’re looking for that kind of independent but creative director who could bring a style we want. Maybe you’re familiar with a specific artist or director who has impressed you with their work – maybe even through Kickstarter. Let us know in the comments!

felipepepe

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Damn, people are out of their minds asking for Pearlman VA or 3D artists that take 7 months to make a video... :eek:

Personally, I would go for something like 300 end credits, that are both awesome looking and fast/cheap to do;

But I'm definetly underleveled for such a job, so I'll see if I can remenber a good artist to point to them...

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
My suggestion:

My suggestion would be to do something like an episodical 1950s Radio style serial using the same in-game radio style for the audio sound and then perhaps use static images to reflect what's happening, or just in game assets.

Sensuki

Arcane
Codex 2014 Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Not really? I was suggesting something more along the lines of what they have already in the game: the radio broadcasts like they had from the gameplay video.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
It should be done in an 80's like format. Just like the original.
80sfashion.jpg

Stelcio

Savant
When it comes to '80s metal and post apocalyptic themes one song comes to my mind instantly:

(...)Amidst the upturned burned-out cars
The challengers await
And in their fists clutch iron bars
With which to seal his fate
Across his chest is scabbards rest
The rows of throwing knives
Whose razor points in challenged tests
Have finished many lives(...)

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
There was a nod to RATT in the original Wasteland. I wouldn't be surprised to see maybe a few more 80's nods in Wasteland 2.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom