Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Gord

Arcane
Also I guess that KithKanan is right with his suspected attribution of green glow with radiation due to e.g. dials in wrist-watches.

I posted this last Tuesday. It's how the entire derailment began.

Ah, sorry, seems I missed that specific post by you.

Helton

Arcane
Meanwhile neon green is the the most intense (and long lasting) colored glow from strontium aluminate. That is phospherescence, not radiation but fuck it who's keeping track?

KithKanan

Novice
Also I guess that KithKanan is right with his suspected attribution of green glow with radiation due to e.g. dials in wrist-watches.

I posted this last Tuesday. It's how the entire derailment began.

Ah, sorry, seems I missed that specific post by you.

Derp. Sorry, I missed that post completely, or just forgot about it by the time I posted in the middle of the night. :oops:
I do think uranium glass in UV light might have something to do with it too, since uranium is "the stuff in the bomb"/"the stuff in reactors", but I definitely could be wrong about that.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Don’t Count Out the Possibility of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera Coming to Wii U

23:42 - Brother None: Codex missed it but this also happened: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/16634/wasteland-2-wii-u-torment-tides-of-numenera-wii-u/
23:43 - Infinitron: this doesn't say anything
23:43 - Brother None: Yup
23:43 - Brother None: I just fed him our standard line
23:43 - Brother None: But it's still getting picked up by some hopefuls as a big confirmation of "inXile will look into Wii U port!"
23:43 - Infinitron: haha
23:44 - Brother None: When in fact all I said was "we'll look into possible ports post-release, not thinking about it right now"

:lol:

EG

Nullified
Don’t Count Out the Possibility of Wasteland 2 and Torment: Tides of Numenera Coming to Wii U

23:42 - Brother None: Codex missed it but this also happened: http://nintendoenthusiast.com/16634/wasteland-2-wii-u-torment-tides-of-numenera-wii-u/
23:43 - Infinitron: this doesn't say anything
23:43 - Brother None: Yup
23:43 - Brother None: I just fed him our standard line
23:43 - Brother None: But it's still getting picked up by some hopefuls as a big confirmation of "inXile will look into Wii U port!"
23:43 - Infinitron: haha
23:44 - Brother None: When in fact all I said was "we'll look into possible ports post-release, not thinking about it right now"

:lol:

. . .

Doom!

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Post-release PC-to-console ports of the variety that used to happen in the 1990s don't bother me. The Wing Commander and Ultima series are notable members of that club.

What computers do these people use to browse the Internet, though? A potato powered by a lemon juice battery? Is it really that big of a deal for a Westerner to spend an additional $500 on their PC so that it'll play most games at medium or high settings? Why the fuck would you sit there with your Wii U and its 2007-grade technology, hoping PC games are ported to it?

Fuck poor people, I say they should all be mulched.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What computers do these people use to browse the Internet, though? A potato powered by a lemon juice battery? Is it really that big of a deal for a Westerner to spend an additional $500 on their PC so that it'll play most games at medium or high settings? Why the fuck would you sit there with your Wii U and its 2007-grade technology, hoping PC games are ported to it?
They probably would not even have to spend these additional $$$. Today even Intel built-in laptop graphics are powerful enough to run basically every game, bar from graphics-heavy bechmark-games like Far Crysis 3 and such.
Maybe they would just have to lower the settings.
And that is one problem.
Most people don't know, and does not want to learn, how to configure their games. They want out-of-the-box 100% hassle-free experience (ok, they can accept install time).

The other problem is the couch-controller-TV mentality. These people want to play games while sitting comfortably on their couches, with a controller in hand, staring into their 50-inch HD TVs. Because that how their ancestors did it, and that is what they know and like.

Ovg

Cipher
Shouldn't Wasteland 2 be rather light on our PC's? After all it ain't no Call of Crysis.

And most important of all, will I get my yandere romance and emotional engagement?

EG

Nullified
Shouldn't Wasteland 2 be rather light on our PC's? After all it ain't no Call of Crysis.

And most important of all, will I get my yandere romance and emotional engagement?

Yeah, about that: Comparing other games by their token appearance as a method of determining it's performance requirements will end in tears.

Dickie

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
TGWTG fags butthurt about crowdsourcing, inXile responds: http://www.blisteredthumbs.net/2013/05/inxile-crowdsourcing-outsourcing/

Those are some pretty damn retarded questions:

Durr... why u have any kind of art direction and don't just accept anything???
Huurr... why u no buy random shit and instead ask people to make stuff specific for your game???

:retarded:
I like how the guy has no idea what he's even talking about. Where did he get all his ideas?

FeelTheRads

Arcane
What I want to know is why nobody is crying to Bethesda, or pretty much every big company for outsourcing graphics to India or Russia or whatever. After all "It is a slippery slope because such practices open the door for cheap, and in the cases of some of those assets, free labor." And they're trying to act like inXile has made people offer free assets for the first time ever in the history of the internet when there were already plenty on the Unity store as there are all over other similar places.
But, once again, game journalists. :retarded: Too scared to take it up with the big guys, they spill their bile on whoever they can.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Pretty standard to work close with those guys and ensure your game is optimized for their cards.

New concept sketch.
HInGd0X.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom