Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 2 Pre-Release Discussion Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
mindx2
Apparently, zhe ran out of "humorous" quips about the brown-ish parts of the game looking like feces.

Anyway, this release date ambiguity isn't as big of a deal to me as it may seem from reading my posts. I'd just hoped for better than finding out the date a scant two or three days before it's actually set.

Xeon

Augur
Why help people ignore someone when you don't think they are that annoying to ignore?

Keeping them for yourself?

Edit:
Damn, I keep reading that and it doesn't sound right. I think there is a mistake somewhere with the wordings.

Sorry Devs for going off-topic.

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
I kinda prefer singular they as the gender-neutral pronoun (like Facebook does) over made-up gender neutrals that never seem to stick.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
BN, file-size-wise, how big is the beta going to be? I'm considering whether I should get it asap or after it's been updated several times if at all.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is hard not to notice that inXile is rapidly running out of October to deliver the promised beta. I have said this before and I will repeat it now: I do not care if the game (or beta) is delayed. I can wait for good things, no problem.

BUT.

Promising a dlivery date and then announcing a delay is bad PR. Promising a delivery date and not saying anything but still failing to meet it is even worse. It is like giving a baseball bat to all the skeptics, critics and trolls and telling them 'whack me on the head'. And they will. Even if beta somehow makes release in October it will still be commented on as 'barely made it'. Why would you do something like this inXile?

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014
Still? Werent they talking about a late 2013 release just this summer?

Frankly, im also finding thise new phenomenon of open betas and early access a bit annoying. Release a god damned finished game.

Infinitron

I post news
Patron
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Beta in October, release date to be determined afterwards: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=9061

Frankly, im also finding thise new phenomenon of open betas and early access a bit annoying. Release a god damned finished game.

Well, nobody's forcing you to play them. But the people who are playing them can provide feedback to help make the game better. It's just a natural expansion of the Kickstarter concept.

WetWorks

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014

Beta in October, release date to be determined afterwards: http://www.rpgcodex.net/article.php?id=9061

thx for info.

Well, nobody's forcing you to play them. But the people who are playing them can provide feedback to help make the game better. It's just a natural expansion of the Kickstarter concept.

Well duh.
Whether its a natural extension is debatable, but no matter.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Promising a delivery date and not saying anything but still failing to meet it is even worse.
Not really. They said they'll release it as soon as all the major problems found by the external beta testers are fixed. That should be good enough for anybody.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
So am I. :P I was referring to the smaller team of external beta testers.

One of the advantages of not working with a publisher means they don't have a non-negotiable date where they have to go gold. So no need for "we need the beta out on this date." October's an estimate.

Anyone remember the glory days of December 2009 when VD promised everyone a combat demo before December was out and rushed out a broken mess? Who would want to repeat that?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
No one but the backers who paid enough money for the beta care and I'm reasonably confident most of them are understanding.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
So who Hacked Roguey Account? As a backer I say take all your time you need even till Thursday :lol: and don't release bugged piece of scrapcode. Its is not like they work on Cure for Cancer and Impotence. We've waited for proper sequel of Fallout since 1998 we can wait another 3 months.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Promising a dlivery date and then announcing a delay is bad PR. Promising a delivery date and not saying anything but still failing to meet it is even worse. It is like giving a baseball bat to all the skeptics, critics and trolls and telling them 'whack me on the head'. And they will. Even if beta somehow makes release in October it will still be commented on as 'barely made it'. Why would you do something like this inXile?
Something like what? You'd rather we rush it out? You know where we side on the "rush it out" vs "take your time" dichotomy. We're never going to rush it out, critics and trolls be damned.

Communication should improve. I'll do my best.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Why would you do something like this inXile?
Something like what?
Something like announcing a release date if there is a considerable risk that it will not be met. Is there some point to it that I fail to see, or was it just a gamble that did not work out?

You'd rather we rush it out? You know where we side on the "rush it out" vs "take your time" dichotomy. We're never going to rush it out, critics and trolls be damned.
I do not care if the game (or beta) is delayed. I can wait for good things, no problem.
No, I'd rather you did not ;)

But setting Yourself a release date and failing to meet does not help anyone. If I want BS I will start following marketing from EA or Activision.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Something like announcing a release date if there is a considerable risk that it will not be met.
This is videogame production. There is always a significant risk your will not meet any release date estimate you set, unless the product is "basically done". So it's either give your best estimate or give no estimate at all. I don't think the latter was necessarily a good idea either.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom